Retrieve Corrupted/Lost/Damaged/Deleted Photos from Digital Camera Card With an Ease
Are you looking for a photo recovery tool to retrieve deleted photos from Digital camera card then do not worry because you are at right place. Here, you will get to know how to get back photos from Camera card easily with Digital media Recovery Tool. With the help of this tool, you will be able to:
- Recover deleted or lost data such as photos and videos camera memory card
- Retrieve lost or deleted photos from different card types like SD card, memory card, SDHC card, SDXC card, CF card, etc
- Also, get back lost photos and videos from different card brands like Transcend, Verbatim, Kingston, Kingmax, Pentax, Samsung, Toshiba, etc.
- See Preview before recovering the lost photos and videos
- Recover different image file formats like JPG, PNG, GIF, PSD, PIC, BMP, etc
Recover Deleted Photos from Camera Card
Scenario: I have accidentally deleted photos from my digital camera’s memory card. I have used few software for recovery but without any success. Those pictures are very important for me and I do not want to lose them at any cost. So, is there any way to retrieve deleted photos from camera card?
The data loss has become common these days and accidental deletion can happen to anyone. However, it is very easy to retrieve deleted and lost images with the help of digital media recovery software but you need to stop adding new data on the camera card or else it will overwrite the existing data and recovery will become impossible.
Data Loss Scenarios From Digital Camera Card:
There are some reasons that may lead you lose photos from your digital camera card. You can have a look at the reasons one by one:
- Sometimes the data corruption can also be happen due to heated or watered card. As for example, you are using SD card for your digital camera and you forget to take out the camera from your pocket and send it to laundry with other cloths for washing. In this case, data becomes inaccessible because the card gets watered.
- SD card are one of the major sources of storage for any digital camera. SD cards can be corrupted due to carelessness and some actions like improper ejection of SD card from the camera, auto unmount, force pull out and many more. There is a need of just little pressure to install as well as eject the SD card in your camera. So, you should be very careful while performing these actions or you will lose data.
- If your digital storage media gets corrupted due to malware or virus infection then your data stored in the storage media becomes inaccessible.
- In most of the digital camera, SD card is used for storing videos and photos. There is a separate port of SD card is available where you have to apply a little pressure to eject the SD card. Sometimes the SD card is automatically unmounted if it is not installed properly. In such case, you may lose data from your SD card.
different solutions to Recover Deleted Photos from Camera Card
In order to recover deleted photos from camera card, there is a need to apply some manual solutions. If the manual solutions do not work, then you can try automatic solution. Well, let us first have a look at some manual solutions for the recovery.
Manual Solution 1:
If you have a backup of deleted or lost photos then you can easily restore from there. But before restoring the photos, you have to look for the things like:
- Check if the backup is available there
- Make sure the data is not overwritten with the new data
- Check if the images are corrupted
These are the things you have to look for before you recover lost photos from camera card.
Manual Solution 2:
Sometimes the photos you have saved in your camera card are hidden due to virus infection. You can do the following things to make your camera card virus free:
- Install Antivirus Software
- Connect your camera card to the system with the help of card reader
- Scan your memory card with the antivirus software
After performing these steps, you will notice that the photos are now visible and can be easily accessed.
Manual Solution 3:
You can also use Command Prompt option to retrieve deleted photos from camera card. Follow the steps below to start the recovery process:
- Open the command prompt by clicking the “Run” at the start menu of the computer. Now type “cmd” in the given text box.
- Now type the command “CHKDSK [driveletter] /r” in the command prompt. As for example, the SD card drive is “E” then you have to type “CHKDSK E: /r” command on the cmd. The command “CHKDSK” will check the specified disk for structural corruption. And the parameter “/r” will denote the command to recover the data it finds.
- After this, simply chose “Yes” and then CHKDSK will report back what it has done and you have to visit “My Computer” and check out your specified drive.
Even after applying these three methods of recovery, you are unable to restore deleted photos from camera card then do not worry. In the third solution, you can try Photo Recovery Tool. This tool has been specifically designed to recover deleted photos from Camera card. The steps involved in this recovery process can be seen below. The below steps are so easy to apply that anyone can easily apply it.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Recover Deleted Photos from Sony Alpha DSLR Camera on Windows/Mac
- Recover Photos after Camera Firmware Error on Windows/Mac
- Get Back Deleted Videos from Camera on Windows/Mac
- Corrupt SD Card Data recovery on Windows/Mac
Steps to Recover Deleted Photos from Camera Card
Step 1 – Install “Photo Recovery’ tool and launch it. Click on “Recover Photo, Audio & Video” tab to recover images, songs and videos files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. The external media will be shown in the list, if not then click on “Refresh Drive” button. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on “Scan Now”. If you want to customize the recovery on the basis of file types then click on “Advance Scan”.
Step 3 – In the Advanced Scan you will have the option to scan as per to the file list, such as Photo, Video and audio or you can also select the data range from the storage device. This option reduces the scanning process time.
Step 4 – Once you click on “Scan Now” button the software will show that scanning is in process. The recovered files listed in a tree structure on the left side of the window panel.
Step 5 – After scanning, you can select the files to preview them and then you can click on “Recover” button to finally save them on your computer.
Step 6 – Select the desired location on your computer to save the recovered files. The screenshot shows that the recovered files are being saved.
Tips To Avoid Photo Loss Scenarios in Camera Card:
After losing your important data from your camera card then it is very important to remember some useful tips which can help you to avoid data loss in future. Some of the tips are mentioned below:
- Do not ever use memory card if there is no space to store new data at all
- Never forget to eject the memory card only after using “Safely Remove” option
- Do not format your memory card in camera
- Always use good brands of memory card
- Never read memory card data with any bad quality memory card reader
- Try to use same brand of memory card reader as that of memory card you are using
- Do not remove or change memory card when the camera is on
- Never save any infected data into the memory card
- Try not to use the memory card when the battery of the camera is low
These tips will help you a lot in the prevention of data from the camera card. So, always try to follow these tips.
You can have a look at 10 things you should know about Camera Memory Cards
Camera memory card are very sensitive. They actually nee a special care. After knowing the causes of the reasons of losing data from camera card, you should avoid such reasons so that you can never face this issue again. Also, the recovery procedure have been discussed above with the help of which you can recover deleted photos from camera card with an ease. The steps for the recovery process are so easy to apply that it can be done at home easily even without any technical help.
If you have found this post helpful and useful, then please do not forget to share it.