Effectively Restore Back Corrupted, Lost, Deleted or Damaged Adobe Photoshop PSD Files!!!
Overview – If your Adobe Photoshop PSD files got corrupted or lost or it is missing and you wish to get them back, then RELAX!!! In this article you are going to learn some effective solutions that will help you to repair and recover corrupted, damaged or deleted PSD files.
However, if with the help of appropriate PSD Recovery software you can easily repair and restore corrupted or deleted PSD file. One of such PSD recovery software is Photo Recovery Tool, which will allow you to:
- Repair and restore damaged, corrupted, lost, deleted PSD files.
- Beside PSD files, it also retrieves other image file format like PNG, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, RAW, GIF, EPS, PCX, PICT, PXR and many more
- Also restore various video and audio files from various data storage devices.
- Support media files recovery from memory cards, computer hard drive, portable hard disk, USB drive, Pen drive, memory stick, etc.
- The tool allow users to preview the recoverable media files within the software before saving it on computer.
- Read-only program, 100% risk-free & easy to use.
Easily Repair and Recover Corrupted/Deleted Adobe Photoshop PSD Files
Let’s start with real user example!
Restoring a corrupted PSD file
My computer crashed today while photoshop CS5.1 was saving/writing to a psd file. When I started my computer back up, and tried to open the file again, It only displayed 1 layer shown as a corrupted image (As Shown Below – the Red Image). When I click on the file in the “Open” window (The Gray Image Below), the psd shows up correctly in the Preview window but doesnt show correctly when opened. I have lost all of my layers, by the way I have worked on this psd for weeks and I need some way to recover it. I have tried “corrupted psd recovery programs”, they did not work. I have tried forums – I found no answer. I have tried locating the .tmp file but it is no where to be found. Does photoshop have a cache or a history? maybe for previously saved versions of psd files? Or does Windows 7, 32 Bit have a file recovery method? I have tried a windows 7 recovery method but it only recovers files from previous restore points that may be weeks old. This is very important that I do my best to fix this psd file or at least recover some layers, I have put in too much time and effort.
– Original Post From Adobe Forums
Recovering PSD File Is Easy!!!
The corruption of PSD file happens rarely but if it happens it is a major pain. So what if your PSD file got corrupted or damaged. You feel you cannot do anything but it is not certainly the end of all the hard work.
The corrupted Adobe Photoshop PSD file can be recovered. You need to opt for the recovery tool that accurately recovers the corrupted PSD files. You can repair the file but be sure that the main PSD header file does not get corrupted otherwise the chances of getting back your files will reduce.
There are various reasons due to which the PSD files get corrupted. But before recovering files let’s see the causes behind the corruption.
Additional Reading: How To Recover AVI Files From Hard Drive on Mac/Windows?
Causes Responsible For The Corruption or Deletion of PSD Files
There are various reasons that may corrupt the PSD files. Some of them are given below.
- Due to virus/malware attacks that infect the hard drive and it affects the digital information saved.
- By sharing data on the virus infected system.
- Also by downloading infected files like free downloaded programs, software.
- Due to sudden power failure.
- Unintentionally system shutdown or crashes may corrupt the files.
- Due to file system corruption.
To overcome these causes you can take some precaution like install good antivirus and avoid sharing files in the virus infected system or making use of the infected USB cable, pen drives, hard disk etc.
Additional Reading: How to Repair Damaged/Corrupt InDesign (INDD) Files on Windows/Mac
Solution 1: Best PSD Recovery Tool To Repair and Restore Corrupted/Deleted PSD Files
To recover the corrupted or deleted PSD files you can make use of reliable and professional Photo Recovery which is perfect PSD File Recovery software. It is a perfect and professional tool to recover the corrupted PSD from any condition of loss.
It has the advanced algorithm that completely scans the storage media for finding the lost or deleted photo file format including PSD, RAW, PNG, TIFF, JPEG, etc and multimedia files like videos (VOB, MP4 MOV, 3GP, MP4) audio (MP3, WAV, AMR, M4A) etc and recover them with ease.
The best part about this PSD File Recovery Software is that it is available for both Windows and Mac computer.
The software recover PSD files and other media files from many other storage devices including memory cards, USB drives, external hard drives, hard drives, Mac Volumes and other data storage devices.
Below follow the step-by-step guide on how to get back corrupted or deleted PSD image files by using Photo Recovery software.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- XviD Video File Recovery – Restore Deleted/Corrupted XviD Video Files on Windows/Mac
- RAW Photo Recovery – Recover Deleted RAW Images From Camera on Windows/Mac
- Best Ways to Recover Adobe Photoshop Files on Mac/Windows
- WMV Video File Recovery – Recover Deleted WMV Files on Windows/Mac
Steps To Recover Corrupted/Damaged or Deleted PSD Files
Step 1 – Install "Photo Recovery" software and launch it on your computer. Click on "Recover Photo, Audio & Video" tab to recover photos, videos and audio files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. All the hard drive and external media will be shown in the list. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on "Scan" button.
Step 3 – Once you click on "Scan" button the software will show that scanning is in progress. The software will search for all multimedia files from your selected drive or attached media.
Step 4 – After scanning, all the files that are found in the selected volume, hard disk or other storage media devices are listed. You can now select the files to preview them and then you can click on "Recover" button to finally save them on your computer.
Additional Reading: JPEG/JPG File Recovery – Recover Lost or Deleted JPEG File on Windows/Mac
Solution 2: Repair Corrupted/Damaged PSD Files Via Adobe Photoshop
First launch Adobe Photoshop and open the corrupted PSD files to know whether it actually corrupted or not.
If Adobe Photoshop is not able to read the damaged PSD files, then don’t worry, below follow the two methods to fix it.
Method 1: Restore Corrupted PSD From The Previous Version
- Right click on your corrupted PSD file and select – Restore previous versions.
- Look for the earlier version of the corrupted or damaged PSD file and select ‘Restore’.
- Again click on “Restore” to confirm.
- Now open the restored PSD file in Photoshop. Even If message pop-up that some text layers contain fonts are missing, click “OK”.
- Check all layers and remark and save them as a new PSD file.
Method 2: Restore Damaged or Corrupted PSD From .TEMP File
- Open Photoshop and click on ‘File’.
- Click Open and change the file extension from .temp to .psd
- Click Open and then you will be able to see unsaved work again.
- After this, save the restored corrupted PSD files from the .temp file into .psd on your PC.
Congratulation you have successfully restored and repaired your corrupted PSD files.
Additional Reading: PNG FILE RECOVERY– Recover Lost or Deleted .png File on Windows/Mac
Solution 3: Repair Corrupted PSD File Online For Free
There are few sites available that allow users to repair corrupted PSD files online for free.
Just check out these websites may be this can help you to fix corrupted PSD files:
So, from the above-mentioned 3 solutions I am confident enough that you were able to fix, repair and recover corrupted or damaged or deleted Adobe Photoshop files.
However, the best solution to recover deleted PSD files is to use Photo Recovery software.