Learn Two Effective Solutions To Unformat SD Card And Recover Photos, Videos and Audio Files from It!
Summary: Are you looking to unformat SD card? Lost important files after formatting SD memory card or USB drives? Well, don’t worry. This post will guide you through 2 effective methods that will help you to unformat SD card and recover lost data due to accidental formatting by using powerful unformat SD card recovery software and CMD command.
Tip: One of the best ways to unformat SD card is to use third-party Photo Recovery which is suitable and perfect unformat SD card recovery software.
With the unformat SD card recovery tool, one can:
- Easily unformat SD card and recover files from formatted SD memory card.
- Restore lost, deleted, missing photos, videos, audio files from formatted SD card on Windows and Mac.
- Retrieve media files from memory card, USB flash drive, digital camera/camcorder, Android phone’s SD card, etc.
- Recover SD card data lost due to accidental formatting, deletion, virus attack, hard drive corruption, system crash under different situations.
- 100% read-only. Safe, secure and easy to use.
Free Download Unformat SD Card Recovery Tool
Formatting a SD card is very easy either on computer or on other devices such as Android phone, digital camera or camcorder such as Canon, Nikon, Fujifilm, Sony, Olympus, etc.
After formatting, the SD card turns blank because it erases everything saved on the memory card. After the format, you can add new data on the card.
Many users format the memory card intentionally in order free up storage space.
But what if you accidentally format your memory card? How to unformat SD card?
Just have a look at user practical scenario!
Practical Scenario: User Want To Unformat Formatted SD Card
Emergency! I need to unformat my SD card!
OK! Yesterday, my little son accidentally formatted my SD card which had held all my photos and songs. I know there is a way to restore them back. But, I don’t know what it is. Do you know it? Please, this is urgent! Thank you!
– Original Post From DPREVIEW Forum
Now let us find – why user format SD card or how SD card get formatted?
Additional Reading: [Solved]: SD Card Says It’s Full But It’s Not
How SD Card Get Formatted or Why User Format SD Card?
- Accidental formatted SD card is one of the major problems that are encountered by many users. This mostly occurs when you connect SD card to computer and it display error message “memory card is not formatted do you want to format it”. At such situation many users select to format SD card.
- Sometimes users purposely format their SD card in order to clear all data or to free up space.
- In some cases, when virus attack SD card, then user format the card in order to remove virus from it.
- In other scenarios, when memory card get corrupted or it start to display error messages, even then also users format the card.
Well, accidentally formatting of SD memory card can always bring us sorrow. You might lose all important pictures, captured/recorded videos, favorite music or audio files or any other data on it due to carelessness.
You may believe that all data is lost and it’s gone FOREVER, but is it real true?
Well, find out the answer by yourself below!
Additional Reading: Free SD Card Data Recovery: Recover Deleted Files From SD Card!
Is It Possible To Unformat SD Card And Recover Data From It?
We all know that formatting SD card wipe all data stored on it. But the real truth is that – Yes, you can unformat SD card. The files are still present on the card until and unless you overwrite/replace them by adding new data.
Hence, it is always suggested that you must stop using your card when you encounter data loss or deletion. It is because adding new data will overwrite the existing data and you lose the chance to recover files from the card.
Alright, so now let us find those two effective solutions to unformat SD card and recover data from it.
Additional Reading: How To Repair Corrupted Memory Card And Recover Data From It
Solution 1: Unformat SD Card And Recover Data From It By Using Unformat Recovery Software
If you have accidentally formatted your SD card and lost all data from it and that you want to recover.
Well, in that case you must first look for backup file. But if you do not have backup of your SD card files, then it is highly recommended that you must use Photo Recovery which is suitable and perfect Unformat SD Card Recovery software.
This is reliable format recovery software that will help you to unformat SD card of Android phone, digital camera, camcorder or other digital devices and efficiently retrieve data from it.
With the use of unformat recovery software, one can:
- Restore audio, videos and photos from formatted memory card.
- Support unformatting of all types of memory cards that includes SD cards, miniSD cards, microSD cards, SDHC/SDXC card, TF/CF/XD/MMC/XQD cards, Smart/Multimedia cards as well as USB flash drives, memory stick, hard drive, etc.
- Unformat SD card on all version of Windows (10/8.1/8/7/XP, etc) and Mac (10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7 & 10.6) computer.
Note: The only one thing you have to make sure here is that your SD card is not overwritten.
Below, follow the step-by-step guide to unformat SD memory card and recover data from it by using format recovery software.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How To Repair Undetected or Unrecognized Micro SD Card
- How To Repair a Corrupted Flash Drive Using CMD (Command Prompt)
- Learn To Remove Virus From SD Card Without Formatting It
- [Solved]: SD Card Won’t Format Write Protected
Steps To Unformat SD Card By Using Format Recovery Software
Step 1 – Install "Photo Recovery" software and launch it on your computer. Click on "Recover Photo, Audio & Video" tab to recover photos, videos and audio files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. All the hard drive and external media will be shown in the list. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on "Scan" button.
Step 3 – Once you click on "Scan" button the software will show that scanning is in progress. The software will search for all multimedia files from your selected drive or attached media.
Step 4 – After scanning, all the files that are found in the selected volume, hard disk or other storage media devices are listed. You can now select the files to preview them and then you can click on "Recover" button to finally save them on your computer.
Additional Reading: Solved: SD Card is Damaged. Try Reformatting it.
Solution 2: Unformat SD Card For Free And Restore All Files By Using CMD Command
CMD command is another solution that you can follow to free unformat SD card and extract all data from it.
Here follow the steps to unformat SD card with CMD command:
- Connect your SD card to your computer Windows PC with the use of card reader.
- On your PC, click START and type “CMD” in search bar and hit ENTER.
- This will open new command prompt window.
- Now type the following command: chkdsk E: /f and ENTER.
- Next type – Y and hit ENTER to continue.
- Type – E and hit ENTER
- Now type the following command: E:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and hit ENTER.
Note: Here you need to replace “E” drive letter name with your memory card drive letter name.
Wait for the process to get complete. Once, the process successfully gets completed, you shall now be able to see all data restored back on the formatted SD card.
So, those are the two simple methods to unformat SD card. But do let me tell you that unformatting SD card process is simple with the help of right format recovery software. Additionally, no one can achieve 100% recovery of files from formatted SD card all the time. Hence, the best method to prevent SD card recovery is to back up your important file regularly. In case, if you do not have backup, then it is recommended that you must use unformat SD card recovery software.