There are so many advantages of digital photography over traditional film-based photography. Now people have their own digital cameras, smartphones through which they can easily take their photos and, therefore, they do not have to visit professional photographer for generating a photo. Today almost everybody captures photos with their digital cameras and smartphones and, therefore, they do not need a professional photographer. Furthermore, the photos take are stored in the memory (such as in memory card) of the devices, that has the features of deleting the existing photos. But delete the photos only after transferring your photo to your computer or another storage device.
However, there are also disadvantages of digital images and one of them among is corruption and finally the loss of photos. There are several reasons behind this corruption and loss. Some of them are mentioned below:
Reasons For Why Photos Become Inaccessible
There are specific reasons that lead your photo inaccessible. Know the reasons below one by one:
Forced ejection of Card: SD card are one of the major sources of storage for any digital camera. SD cards can be corrupted due to carelessness and some actions like improper ejection of SD card from the camera, auto unmount, force pull out and many more. There is a need of just little pressure to install as well as eject the SD card in your camera. So, you should be very careful while performing these actions or you will lose data.
Auto Ejection of Card: In most of the digital camera, SD card is used for storing videos and photos. There is a separate port of SD card is available where you have to apply a little pressure to eject the SD card. Sometimes the SD card is automatically unmounted if it is not installed properly. In such case, you may lose data from your SD card.
Card gets Heated or Watered: Sometimes the data corruption can also be happened due to heated or watered card. As for example, you are using SD card for your digital camera and you forget to take out the camera from your pocket and send it to the laundry with other clothes for washing. In this case, data becomes inaccessible because the card gets watered.
Malware or Virus Infection: If your digital storage media gets corrupted due to malware or virus infection then your data stored in the storage media becomes inaccessible.
When the images get corrupt they may have following issues:
- You will see that some parts of the image got shifted in your image file
- The image may splits in to two or three parts
- The image may contain different parts of other images
- Upper and lower part of the image may have different color
However, you can restore your deleted or corrupted photos with the help of Digital Media Recovery Tool. But the recovered images may be corrupt or damaged, but with the use of the Digital Media Recovery software you can easily repair and restore them back on your PC.
Best solutions to Recover inaccessible photos from storage device
You can try different solutions to recover inaccessible photos from storage device. The solutions are:
- You can restore your lost photos easily if you have a backup of those photos.
- If your files or data have become encrypted due to virus attack or any other reason then try to make your device virus free with the help of antivirus tool. After scanning the device, you will be able to recover all photos that have become inaccessible before.
- Apart from these, you can also try Photo Recovery Tool. This tool will allow you recover all inaccessible photos from your storage device easily. You can go through the below steps to know the recovery process.
You Might Also be InterestedIn:
- Recover Deleted Photos from Thumb Drive on Mac/Windows!!!
- Best way to Recover Photos from Crashed Computer on Windows/Mac
- How to Retrieve Photos from Transcend Memory Card on Windows/Mac?
- How to recover lost photos from Sony dsc-wx80 on Windows/Mac
Steps to recover photos from digital storage device
Step 1 – Install “Photo Recovery’ tool and launch it. Click on “Recover Photo, Audio & Video” tab to recover images, songs and videos files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. The external media will be shown in the list, if not then click on “Refresh Drive” button. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on “Scan Now”. If you want to customize the recovery on the basis of file types then click on “Advance Scan”.
Step 3 – In the Advanced Scan you will have the option to scan as per to the file list, such as Photo, Video and audio or you can also select the data range from the storage device. This option reduces the scanning process time.
Step 4 – Once you click on “Scan Now” button the software will show that scanning is in process. The recovered files listed in a tree structure on the left side of the window panel.
Step 5 – After scanning, you can select the files to preview them and then you can click on “Recover” button to finally save them on your computer.
Step 6 – Select the desired location on your computer to save the recovered files. The screenshot shows that the recovered files are being saved.
Tips To Avoid Photo Corruption After Recovery
You can follow these tips to avoid image corruption:
- Avoid image corruption because of partial overwriting of images. It is always suggested not to eject the storage device improperly from your system.
- Try to use authentic software always to perform the recovery of deleted photos from any storage device.
- Always attach your memory card with the help of memory card reader when you wish to transfer photos from your storage device to the computer.
- Do not use one memory card in several cameras or any photo capturing devices. This will corrupt your card and the images as well.
If you have lost your photos from your storage device after the recovery then you can try all the solutions mentioned above. You can know the reasons for becoming your photos inaccessible so that you can avoid such reasons to happen again. Also, you can try the recovery process mentioned in the above section of this blog.
If you have found this post helpful and useful, then please do not forget to share it.