Lost your 3G2 video file and eager to know how to recover 3G2 file without any data loss? If this is so, then you are at the correct webpage. This article contains some proven methods like backup and attrib commands that can definitely help you to perform 3G2 video recovery effectively.
But before trying other alternative approaches, my recommendation is to try the powerful 3G2 File Recovery Tool. This video repairing utility has the feature to deeply scan your storage media and extract video files from it successfully.
To recover deleted videos from digital devices, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
What Are 3G2 Files?
3G2 is a video file format that contains videos, audio, subtitles, and other data. This file format allows making a movie with multiple chapters, subtitles, music, and movie thumbnails into one single file.
Well, the 3G2 video format is reliable and can be saved on several media storage devices but at the same time, it can be lost or deleted due to several factors.
Well, you can easily retrieve deleted/lost 3G2 Video files but before that let us know the other several reasons for the deletion or loss of video files.
Scenarios That Can Cause Loss Of 3G2 Video Files
There are various situations where users encounter the loss of 3g2 video files from their data storage devices. Some of the common reasons are mentioned below:
1. Formatting data storage devices –
Whenever corruption occurs in a memory card or in the hard drive or in any other media storage device, then it forces you to format the device so that you can use that device again as normal. But after formatting the card or storage device, the entire data gets erased, including 3G2 video files.
2. Corruption In Storage Device –
If there is any type of damage in storage media devices then all the files become inaccessible and hence the data gets lost, even your 3G2 video files. Corruption can be due to a virus attack or due to improper shutdown of the computer and many more.
3. Emptying recycle bin –
Sometimes, users empty recycle bin mistakenly and hence the deleted 3g2 files permanently get removed from the computer. Hence here also data loss situation occurs, but with the help of recovery software, the lost 3g2 files can be recovered.
4. Improper removal –
After plugging media storage devices on the system, if anyone removes it without using the ‘safe remove’ option or if there is any interruption while 3g2 file transfer, then a loss of files may happen and makes your card unreadable.
In any of the above-mentioned scenarios, you will encounter the loss or deletion of 3G2 video files. But the good news is that you can easily get back lost or deleted 3G2 video files with the help of video recovery software.
How To Recover Lost & Deleted 3G2 Video File?
As I have already discussed that you can easily perform 3G2 video recovery with the help of the 3G2 File Recovery Tool, which is suitable software designed to restore 3G2 videos as well as other videos file formats like MP4, MOV, MKV, AVCHD, MTS, WMV, FLV, ASF, AVI, 3GP, etc in the same quality.
I am saying because this effective recovery tool will help you to:
- Retrieve deleted, lost, erased, formatted 3G2 video files from several media storage devices
- Recover 3G2 video files from memory cards (SD, SDHC, SDXC, miniSD, microSD, MMC, etc), hard drive, external hard disk, digital cameras, mobile & tablets, USB flash drive, etc
- Besides 3G2 video, the software also restores other video files like MOD, TOD, WMV, ASF, MP4, MOV, 3GP, VOB, m2t, m2ts, MTS, TS, AVI, FLV, and many more
- Also, rescue various file formats of audio and photos
- Preview recoverable 3G2 video files within the software before you proceed to recover them on your system
- The tool comes for both Windows and Mac OS separately
- Read-only program, 100% safe & easy to use
The software also retrieves audio and photo file formats from various media storage devices such as memory cards, hard drives, digital cameras, camcorders, mobile devices, USB drives, memory sticks, external hard disks, etc.
You can preview the recoverable video files within the software before you proceed further to save them on your system.
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
More Alternatives Solutions To Restore Deleted 3G2 Videos
Solution #1: Restore 3G2 Files From Backup Option
Well, video recovery from a backup is one of the best ways for each and every user. That’s why it is always suggested that you must keep the proper and valid backup of important video files.
Therefore, if you have previously kept a backup of your lost 3G2 videos on PC or any external data storage device then simply recover them from there.
Solution #2: Get back Missing 3G2 Files Using Attrib Command
Another option that you can try to recover deleted 3G2 video is the attrib command. Though this command only works when your files get hidden and this will help you to unhide them easily.
Here is how you can unhide the hidden files from your storage media:
- Now, you have to press on Win+ R key
- Then, simply type “cmd” and then press Enter. Now, exe is launched.
- After that, again type chkdsk G: /fand hit Enter. Type Y for allowing the command to proceed.
- Type G:(the drive letter) to go back to start again.
- Lastly, type [G:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.*].
- While deleting any unwanted videos, check them twice that you do not want it again.
- Make a habit of keeping backup files for 3G2 videos in two other storage devices.
- Stop using the data storage devices from which you have lost 3G2 videos and do not add any new data on it, to avoid data overwriting.
Can I Recover My Deleted Video Files?
Yes, you can recover your lost and deleted video files by using the best Video recovery software that mentioned in this post.
How Do I Open A 3G2 Video File?
In order to open and view your video including 3G2 & 3GP files, you can either use VLC media player or Microsoft's Windows Media Player.
How Do I Convert 3G2 To MP4?
To convert your 3G2 into MP4 video file, you need to install the online and free file converter tool that is Convertio. After doing this, you have to follow the below steps carefully: 1. Upload your 3G2 video thereafter opening the Convertio tool or its website. 2. Select or drag and drop the 3G2 file to convert it into MP4 file format from your PC. 3. Tap on the Convert option. Now the video conversion process will begin. 4. Once the process finished, download a video file.
Well, now you have got a clear idea of how to recover deleted 3G2 files. Now, I can say that no matter what the reason for video file deletion, you can easily recover 3G2 videos by yourself only.
Apart from this, it is always recommended to keep a backup of all your essential files on a regular basis.
But, in case, if you don’t have any backup then you can try the 3G2 File Recovery Tool to recover deleted 3G2 video files with ease. This is the best option you can ever try.
I hope, this blog will be helpful and will never let you down.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.