If you want to recover deleted DC2 files of Kodak digital camera then you are at the right place.
It happens numerous times that due to accidental deletion or mistake we lose our precious and memorable photos. Those situations are really heart-breaking and we can’t find a way to get back lost DC2 photos.
But now with a powerful DC2 File Recovery Tool, you need not worry anymore. It not only retrieves deleted DC2 images but also recovers lost videos and other stuff as well.
To recover DC2 files, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
Can Accidentally Deleted Kodak Raw DC2 Pictures Be Recovered?
Well, the straightforward answer to this question is Yes. Though, accidentally deleted Kodak Raw photos including the DC2 files can be easily recovered by using the best Photo Recovery tool.
Note: Once the DC2 images get deleted from your Kodak camera, you should immediately stop clicking new photos. This is because, clicking new pictures will overwrite the existing data, hence the DC2 photo recovery chances will reduce using the above-given tool.
What Is .dc2 File Type?
The DC2 is a raw image file format jointly with the Kodak Photo Enhancer image processing software. Now, DC2 image files may be supported by some of the multi-format image viewers. It is also supported by several CAD programs and tools.
The DC2 file extension relates to the Kodak Raw image file format named after an old Kodak digital camera (Kodak DC20). A .dc2 image file is a list of text data records (points, entities, strings), with each record taking one line. All DC2 pictures have a header line which defines the overall dimensions of a drawing.
It is a native format in DesignCAD, a commercial computer-aided design (CAD) application by IMSI Design LLC. DC2 is a plaintext (ASCII) format that is used in DesignCAD to save two-dimensional drawings or projections.
Sometimes, this image file format may also get deleted due to several unforeseen reasons. In the below section of this blog, you will come to know the causes that can lead to the DC2 file deletion.
The Most Common Reasons Behind DC2 File Deletion
Below I have mentioned some of the common situations that can lead to the deletion of your precious Kodak .dc2 picture. They are:
- Malicious malware/virus infection on the digital device
- Accidentally deleting the pictures while previewing or deleting some other files
- Because of camera crashing issue or gets damaged
- Using the same memory card on different digital cameras
- Due to interruptions like switching off the camera, power failure, etc can lead to deletion of photographs
- Taking continuous photos with the camera in low battery
After knowing the causes behind the .dc2 file deletion now, it’s time to know the possible solutions on how to recover DC2 files from Kodak digital camera effectively.
How To Restore Deleted DC2 Files From Kodak Camera
This software will scan the entire memory card and retrieves photos from it. It restores all kinds of data internal as well as external storage devices.
This tool will recover all the lost/deleted data within a short period with the help of its advanced algorithms techniques.
Let’s find out its numerous ingenious features before we proceed any further.
- Recover deleted RAW images like DC2, KDC, SRF, CR2, ORF, PEF, NEF, and many other
- Restore various audio and video file formats as well
- Photo Recovery can be done on other brands of camera like Sony, Canon, Panasonic, Nikon, Samsung, Fujifilm, Olympus, etc
- Retrieve lost media files from other storage media like portable hard drives, USB flash drives, system hard disk, Memory Stick, memory cards, and other external storage devices
- Compatible with both Windows /Mac OS
- It is a 100% risk-free & user-friendly interface
It supports all file types and restores deleted photos from memory cards. It not only recovers photos in TIFF, PNG, JPEG, and GIF but also restores various video or audio files very easily.
Just download this DC2 image recovery program and follow the below steps to recover deleted DC2 files in a hassle-free manner.
Steps To Recover Deleted Photos From Kodak Digital Camera
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
More Options To Get Back Kodak DC2 Files
Solution #1: Restore .dc2 Files From Backup Option
This is one of the easiest options to recover deleted DC2 files. To perform DC2 image recovery, firstly you need to go to Backup Folder.
After that find your deleted DC2 image files there and select them to restore by right-clicking on them. Then, choose the Restore option. Doing so will restore your lost files to their original location without any trouble.
Solution #2: Perform DC2 File Recovery From Recycle-Bin
Well, if you’ve saved all your important DC2 pictures in the system and suppose those files get deleted unintentionally, then no need to worry at all. Because you can easily retrieve erased DC2 files from Recycle bin. To do so, follow the below steps:
- First of all, you need to go to the Recycle Bin folder.
- Next, choose the images that you want to recover then, right-click on them.
- After that, a drop-down option will open
- In this step, select the option Restore.
- After completing these steps, this will automatically recover deleted DC2 files to their original location.
Tips To Avoid Photo Loss
After losing your crucial images from the storage device, it’s very essential to remember some useful tips which can help you to avoid data loss in the future. Some of the tips are here:
- Use some reliable power source which can help your system from sudden shutdown
- Always make a backup of all your essential files or folders
- Don’t use any digital device when its battery is low
- Before eliminating the device from the system, eject it properly
- Never remove the files when the file transfer process is in progress
- Always protect your device from any virus/malware attack by using the perfect antivirus program.
How Do I Open A DC2 File?
Well, to open the DC2 file you need appropriate software such as DC25 Digital Camera File by Kodak or DesignCAD (CAD File) by IMSI/Design LLC. Without any suitable software, you’ll receive the Windows messages like ‘Windows cannot open this file’ (Windows 7) or ‘how do you want to open this file?’ (Windows 10). If you are not able to open a DC2 file properly then, right-click on the file after that click the ‘Open with’ and select the application.
What Programs Can Open & Convert The DC2 Image Files?
Below I have listed some of the programs that can help you to open and convert the .dc2 files in another image file format. 1. DesignCAD (CAD File) by IMSI/Design LLC 2. DC25 Digital Camera File with Kodak 3. WinControl through Precision MicroControl Corp (DC2-PC Motion Control Command Language File).
I hope, now you have got complete information about the Kodak DC2 file type and its reasons for deletion. And of course, how to get back lost DC2 images.
After going through this complete blog, you can now easily recover deleted DC2 files using the DC2 File Recovery Tool. This tool is specially designed to recover deleted DC2 files only when the erased data is not overwritten by any new data.
In this blog, I have also discussed the best manual methods on how to rescue erased photos or pictures from digital camera with ease.
Also, follow the aforementioned tips to prevent photo, audio, and video file loss in the near future.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.