When a Sony Digital Camera captures a picture, the digital image file uses the SR2 file extension. It is a RAW image file format. Sometimes, it happens that raw .sr2 photos get deleted due to various unexpected reasons. Although, repairing such corrupt files taken by Sony cameras is a very challenging task. However, with the help of an advanced SR2 File Repair Tool, you can repair corrupt SR2 files with ease.
It’s the most recommended photo repair software that not only fixes pictures and videos but resolves other stuff as well.
To repair SR2 file, we recommend this tool:
This software will repair grainy, distorted, pixelated, blurry, greyed-out images and restores your prized memories effeciently. Now repair your corrupt or damaged photos in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Photo Repair Tool rated Great on Pcmag.com.
- Click Add File to add the photo you want to repair.
- Select Repair to start the repair process and save the repaired image on the desired location after the repair is done.
Apart from this, this tool fixes all types of RAW images that shot with any Sony device like Alpha, Cybershot or FDR series, etc.
Below you see it’s more exciting features like:
- Repair corrupted, damaged, inaccessible SR2 image files
- Besides fixing .sr2 images, you can also repair other image formats such as CRW, CR2, DNG, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, GIF, NEF and more
- Completely trusted and available at affordable price
- Preview the repaired files and save them in your preferred folder
- It is compatible with both OS Windows as well as Mac
- 100% safe and secure to use
I know you must be looking for the user guide on how to fix corrupted SR2 photos. But before that, let’s know something more about the SR2 image file format.
SR2 File Extension – What is it?
SR2 files are uncompressed high-quality pictures captured by Sony digital cameras. This image file format comprises metadata containing data about the camera, lens, settings and many more. Raw files are the images that are not yet ready for printing, processing, or editing with bitmap graphics editors.
The raw file tries to resemble the scene very closely by accurately representing the essential photo features such as light, intensity, and colors present. The camera’s sensor records Raw data images as captured by the camera.
What Causes The Corruption In SR2 Image Files?
Below, I have mentioned the most common reasons for in Sony .sr2 file corruption:
- Shot .sr2 photos in low camera battery
- Saved SR2 pictures when the camera storage is full
- Corruption in the storage drive or memory stick
- Virus or malware infection in storage media
- System crash or power cut while transferring or downloading the SR2 photographs
- Improper handling of the Sony camera card
After discussing the reasons for SR2 file corruption, now it’s time to know how to fix SR2 image files.
How To Repair Damaged SR2 Files
As I’ve already stated that using the SR2 File Repair Tool, you will be easily able to resolve broken SR2 files in Sony camera. So, just try it once. This tool has some special features that allow you to repair corrupt SR2 files easily.
This powerful repair software not only fixes SR2 files but also other image file formats like TIFF, CRW, GIF, JPEG, BMP, DNG, NEF, CR2, etc.
The best part about this tool is that it is compatible with both the platforms which include Windows and Mac. So, feel free to download and install the tool to repair SR2 files without any hassle.
Below, find out the easy steps to repair corrupt SR2 files…
Step 1: Download, install and launch Photo Repair Tool on your computer. Click on 'Add File' to repair corrupt/damaged image files.
Step 2: You can then select the files for repairing. Next, click on 'Repair' to begin the repairing process.
Step 3: Finally, click on 'Save' button to preview and save repaired images on your desired location on the computer.
More Options To Fix Corrupt SR2 Image Files
Fix #1: If your .sr2 photos get damaged and you need an SR2 file repair solution, then you can try this way. You can try to convert SR2 images to another image format using a free online RAW file converter tool.
Fix #2: Removes thumbnails from a severely broken or corrupt SR2 photographs
Fix #3: Well, if you’re unable to open the .sr2 photos in one program, then try to open it in another software. For example, instead of Adobe Photoshop, you can open a picture in XnViewMP or File Viewer Plus.
Programs Used To Open SR2 File
- Omron CX-Supervisor
- Pixillion Image Converter
- Free File Viewer
- Windows LiveR Photo Gallery
- Photo Gallery
- Picasa Photo Viewer
How Can I Open An SR2 File?
To open an SR2 image file, you need appropriate software like Omron CX-Supervisor. Without using any proper tool you’ll get a Windows error message like “Windows cannot open this file” (Windows 7) or “How do you want to open this file?” (Windows 10).
If you are unable to open the SR2 file properly, then try to right-click on the file. After that click on “Open with” and select an application.
How To Protect Further SR2 File From Corruption?
Raw image corruption is a common issue. But, corruption in this file format can be easily prevented with the help of the below tips.
I am providing these tips so that you don’t face the same problem once again. So, try to follow them and avoid image file corruption in the future.
- Be very careful with the OS crashes and upgrade to a newer version if any image file corruption occurs often
- Frequently format your storage media that is used for storing Raw images
- Do not store or add a new file when your external storage device is full.
- Always try to keep a backup of your essential pictures
- Use a good converter tool when you convert you .sr2 in another image file format
- Always use a trusted antivirus tool to protect the system from any virus attack.
Time To Conclude
Well, I hope the SR2 File Repair Tool will help you to troubleshoot SR2 files without losing any data. So, do not miss to try all these methods to repair corrupt SR2 files.
However, while fixing .sr2 files, if you find that all your raw photos get deleted then, you can easily recover deleted raw SR2 files through backup option.
Make sure that you always have an extra copy of SR2 files. So, if your one file gets corrupted you can still access the image files from another destination where you have already saved the copy of those pictures.
Also, follow the given tips to avoid image file corruption and errors in the near future.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.