In this post, you will learn the complete step-by-step guide on how to recover photos from Canon Powershot Camera. There could be several reasons due to which photos become lost and as a result, you have to look at the recovery solution.
Well, in that case, I don’t think that you have to think a lot as here I am providing you the best option which is Photo Recovery Tool to recover deleted canon photos.
To recover photos from Canon Powershot Camera, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
So, without any time, let’s move on to the recovery solution but before that, let’s have a look at the scenario after reading which I thought to write a blog.
I have used my Canon digital camera for two years and a Samsung Micro SD card is also used inside to hold all taken photos and recorded tiny videos.
However, last night, while trying to view on my PC, some photo folders were deleted by accident. Is there any way to undelete them?
In fact, after reading and searching much related deleted photo recovery information,
I have read much free data recovery software, like free Recuva, 100% freeware iCare Data Recovery Free, photoRec and More.
However, are they really workable under such cases? Which one should I try? Do you have any recommendation?
About Canon Powershot Cameras
All Canon PowerShot cameras come with a set of unique and powerful features and it is popular in every corner of the world. Some of these cameras come in compact sizes, all are portable and therefore you can carry them everywhere you go and its camera quality gives you every shooting opportunity to capture a beautiful image.
But still, the user faces photo loss due to several reasons. Like mistakenly deletion or formatting of memory card inserted in the camera can result in complete photo loss.
But, before knowing the solution of how to recover photos from Canon Powershot Camera free, but before that first look towards the scenario.
The Best Solution To Recover Photos From Canon Powershot Camera
If you are looking for Canon PowerShot Camera Photo Recovery then, you can try these below mentioned ways. These are easy to apply and the best ways to retrieve photos from Canon Powershot camera.
Method #1. Using The Recommended Tool To Retrieve Photos From Canon Powershot Camera
With the use of appropriate recovery software, this task can be done very easily. One such recovery tool is Canon Photo Recovery Tool and with the help of this tool, one can:
- Rescue deleted/lost/erased/formatted/missing/corrupted images from Canon Powershot Cameras
- Apart from photos, it also recovers videos (movies, video clips, video recordings) and audio files (music files, mp3, podcast, speech, audio recordings)
- Also recover pictures and video files from other cameras such as Sony, Olympus, Kodak, Samsung, Hitachi, Nikon and many more
- Retrieve media files from SD Card, xD Card, CompactFlash CF Card, memory stick, MicroSD card, SDHC, MMC, hard drive, smartphones, iPhone, USB drives, etc
This tool can allow you to recover photos from Canon Powershot Camera mac in just a few steps. The steps are so easy to perform that anyone can easily apply the steps. This recovery tool is safe to use and it does not harm your confidential data. In the below section, you can get the complete steps for Canon Powershot Camera Photo Recovery.
Steps To Retrieve Lost/Deleted Photos From Canon Powershot Camera
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
Method #2: Retrieve From Backup
This method is valid only if you are keeping backups and updates regularly. You can easily get back deleted videos, photos or audios from backup files which kept in your memory card, hard drive or USB flash drive or some other media storage device.
Method #3: Restore Images Using Command Prompt
By using the command prompt (CMD) option you can also restore missing media files from memory card.
Similarly, if you are not able to access your backup files, stored in some other storage media like hard drive, USB or SD card, then you can easily recover them using CMD prompt. To do so, just go through with the below-given steps:
- Attach the Memory Card through the help of card reader to system.
- Then, simply press to Win + R and then you have to type cmd,
- Now, press the Command Prompt window opens.
- Then, you have to type: chkdskE: / f and hit the Enter Then, you have to type: Y and hit the Enter.
- Again, type:E and hit to the Enter
- Now, type: E:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.*and hit Enter.
- At last, you will see that the new folder contain all your recovered files is created in Canon SD card. You have to copy them and save to a new location.
Know-How Canon PowerShot Photo Deletion Takes Place
Sometimes it is very important to know the main reasons for losing photos from the Canon Powershot Camera. If you have a better knowledge of the main reasons that let you lose Canon Powershot camera photos then it is good.
If you know the reasons then you can avoid such issues that can lead to data loss scenarios. Some of the main reasons for losing Canon Powershot Camera photos are:
- While transferring the files, sudden ejection of the card can result in a photos loss situation.
- When you mark the photos that have to be deleted, sometimes you may mark those photos that you don’t want to delete. As a result, all the photos are deleted in just a second.
- Sometimes even after selecting the photos to delete, you press “Delete All” option unintentionally and you lose all the photos.
- When you scan your photos with an antivirus program, if there is any corrupted image then it can damage all the photos and becomes inaccessible.
These are some of the common reasons that may lead you to lose photos from your Canon Powershot camera. However, Canon Powershot Camera Photos recovery can be easily done with some efficient ways that are already mentioned above.
Losing photos from your Canon Powershot Camera is actually a big loss. Digital cameras are used to take place memorable pictures when you out for a vacation with your family, friends or colleagues.
But do not worry because now you have the best option to recover photos from Canon Powershot Camera with the given solutions mentioned in this post. The best option is to use Canon Photo Recovery Tool to recover deleted Canon photos. You should try these solutions if you have lost data from your digital camera.
Editor's Note: This post was originally published in February 2016. This updated version is completely revamped for comprehensiveness, freshness, and accuracy.
Taposhi is an expert technical writer with 5+ years of experience. Her in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. She has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.