If you have come to this webpage then it is obvious that you must be looking for how to recover deleted XviD videos. No matter what is the reason behind the deletion, you can easily restore deleted video files.
Here, in this blog, you will know what are XviD videos, what causes these files to become deleted and of course, how to recover deleted XviD videos with ease.
But before that, I would like to give you a straight forward answer on how to restore deleted XviD files. Here, I would like to recommend to use XviD File Recovery Tool.
To recover deleted Xvid files, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Media File Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
I know you must be looking for its user guide but before that, I would like to share a scenario after reading which I have decided to write blog on this topic.
So, let’s have a look at the scenario below:
I‘ve been trying to recover a Xvid.ac3 without luck. I’ve loaded into Vdub, reconstructed the missing blocks, and made the rekeying. This didn´t work, despite the fact that vdub says that there’s no bad frames in the vid. Then, I tried to use divfix, I striped the index, and rebuild it. No luck. Both CCE and Tmpeng crash in the beginning of the SVCD conversion.
Data of the video after my attempts of correction:
Frame: 640×352 25fps
#frames (time) 63372(42:14)
Decompressor Xvid Mpeg4
Number of keys frames 0
Total key frame size (no key frames)
Original Source: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/88899-Cantt-recover-xvid-help%21%21
What Are XviD Videos?
XviD is a video file format that uses XviD video codec library that follows the MPEG-4 standard and it is compatible with almost all platforms and operating systems. XviD videos were first created to offer a full-length DVD quality movie just to fit on one or two CDs while depending on the movie’s length. In order to play XviD files, you have to first install the XviD codec on the system.
What Causes XviD Videos Deletion?
- Abrupt Removal – While XVID video files are being transferred and in between if there is any interruption or ejection of the device then eventually it can lead to file deletion from the device.
- Accidental Deletion – While deleting unwanted files which are not important and by mistakenly you deleted the important XVID videos. This may happen frequently and this may result in data loss.
- Virus/Malware Infection – If once the virus enters into the data storage devices in which you have stored the XVID video files, then it’s obvious that it will affect the entire data present on it, including XVID files. Normally it happens when any external infected device is connected to the computer system or vice versa. Some examples of a virus that are infecting XVID videos are – XviD video codec virus, www.xvideo.com virus, XVideo codec virus, XviD codec virus, etc.
- Formatting – Data loss situation may appear when the formatting of the memory card is done. By selecting the option “format” when the device is connected to a computer also clean the device and the entire data gets deleted, including your XVID files.
- Other Reasons – Even using the storage device when it is full or receiving error in the file system conversion can also result in loss of XviD video files and other files as well.
How To Recover Deleted XviD Video Files?
As I have already mentioned that XviD File Recovery Tool is one of the best recovery tools you can use to retrieve deleted XviD videos.
This tool is capable to recover all deleted media files like videos, images as well as audio files from digital devices and external storage devices as well.
I am saying so because this tool allows you to:
- Retrieve deleted, formatted, lost, missing XviD videos from various media storage devices
- Beside XviD files the software also supports the recovery of various video file formats like MP4, AVI, MPEG, MOV, 3GP, DivX, etc
- Restore XviD files deleted or lost due to accidental deletion, formatting, virus infection, etc
- Restore deleted videos files from memory cards, hard drive, pen drive, USB drive, digital camera and other media storage devices
- Excellent recovery software that can recover video files easily from Windows and Mac
- 100% risk-free, read-only program & easy to use
* Free version of the program only scans and previews recoverable items.
The best thing about this recovery tool is that it is compatible with both the platforms, i.e., Windows as well as Mac.
This recovery tool is completely trustworthy and has an easy user-interface. Also, it is 100% safe and secure for XviD video recovery.
Now, let’s have a look at the steps to recover lost XviD videos:
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
Few Other Solutions To Restore Deleted XviD Videos
Solution #1: View Hidden XVID Video Files
When the virus infects the data storage devices, then it hides several data on the device. In order to unhide files from data storage devices such as hard drive, memory cards, USB drives you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- On your system Click START> Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.
- Now, select Folder Options and then select the View tab.
- Under Advanced settings, select “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”, and then click OK.
Solution #2: Recover Files from virus infected storage Media using CMD command
CMD is one of the best-proven solutions to recover deleted XviD files. There are various possible causes due to which XviD videos get deleted. Although those XviD files are not deleted permanently, it still resides in your storage device in a hidden manner. So to recover deleted XviD videos, just follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Now, you have to type chkdsk /r /f X: command next you have to press on the “Enter” key.
- Then replace the drive letter X with a drive volume letter.
- Finally, try to detach and then reconnect the storage device to access it.
Tips To Prevent XviD File Deletion
- Always protect your system and other external media storage devices from virus with the use Anti-virus program.
- While you play XVID video then do not shut down your system improperly or abruptly.
- Keep backup of XVID files on two other locations to handle such situations.
I hope, you will be able to recover deleted XviD videos easily with the help of these effective solutions mentioned in this blog.
One of the best solutions you can try is XviD File Recovery Tool. This is the easiest and the fastest way to restore lost XviD files in easy steps.
Also, you can try other alternatives as well that I have mentioned in this blog.
So, feel free to try the solutions mentioned here and get back lost XviD Videos in just a few easy steps.
If you have found this post helpful and useful, then please do not forget to share it.
Also like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to get the latest updates.
Taposhi is an expert technical writer with 5+ years of experience. Her in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. She has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.