It is obvious that if you’re browsing this page then you must be looking for the perfect solution to recover deleted AVCHD video files. So, if you want the best solution on how to recover AVCHD file then do not skip reading this article.
I am saying this because here you will get to know the information like what AVCHD file is, what causes AVCHD file losing and how to recover deleted AVCHD files.
But before I proceed to all sections, let me clearly tell you the best solution to recover deleted AVCHD files.
Well, I am recommending you to use AVCHD File Recovery Tool.
To recover deleted AVCHD files, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Media File Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
But before looking for its user guide, I would like to mention here a scenario that inspired me to write this blog. So, let’s have a look at the practical scenario below.
“Does anyone know how to recover AVCHD files? I grabbed all my pictures out of the camera but forgot to save the AVCHD videos. I then proceeded to format the card. It wasn’t until it finished formatting that I remembered that I was an idiot. The card has not been touched at all since then.
Thank you for your time.”
Original From: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2664469
What Is AVCHD File Format?
AVCHD stands for Advanced Video Coding High Definition and it is a popular video file format that is developed by Sony and Panasonic. One of the most common benefits of this video file format is it allows users to shoot high definition videos in a compression format which is suitable for other memory cards on camcorders.
But sometimes, you can lose your videos from a camcorder due to several unexpected reasons. However, you can easily recover corrupt AVCHD video files or other media files by using the solutions mentioned in this blog.
Reasons For AVCHD Files Losing
Below I have listed the most common reasons for inaccessibility or losing of the AVCHD video file:
- Memory card/ storage drive corruption
- Accidental formatting can lead to AVCHD file losing issue
- Improper handling of storage device
- Interruption while read and write process
- Malware/virus infection that corrupts your AVCHD files can also delete it.
How To Recover Deleted AVCHD Files
As I have already discussed the AVCHD File Recovery Tool is one of the best solution to recover AVCHD videos from SD cards from different digital devices using.
This tool has some other features as well that helps you to recover other video files like 3G2, 3GP, AJP, ASX, AVI, DivX, M4V, F4R, etc. Well, there are manual solutions that are also available, but this is a unique way to recover lost AVCHD file format.
It will help you to:
- Recover deleted or formatted AVCHD video files from hard drive
- Support recover media files from external hard drive, MP4 player, portable hard drive, portable media player, digital video recorder, digital cameras and camcorders, memory cards, USB drives, etc
- Apart from video files it also recovers lost photos & videos from SDHC memory card file formats
- Read-only program, 100% risk-free & easy to use.
- Besides AVI video, the software also restores MP4, 3GP, MKV, XviD, MOV, VOB, WMV, MTS, HD Videos, M2 TS, TS, and many more
So, if you’re willing to recover AVCHD videos, then you can download this tool for Windows and Mac OS respectively.
So feel free to use this trusted AVCHD File Recovery Tool.
Well, in order to recover .avchd video files, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
More Alternatives Solutions To Recover AVCHD Files
Solution 1: Restore From Backup
Restore from backup is the first option every user who comes across this issue applies. If you have a backup of lost AVCHD video files that have been corrupted or deleted due to some reasons then they can be restored from backup with ease.
Solution 2: Keep Your System Virus-Free
If your system has been corrupted due to virus infection then it can damage or make your files inaccessible from the system. In such case, making your system virus free will let you recover deleted AVCHD video files easily.
Solution 3: Try Command Prompt Option
Also, you can try the Command Prompt option to restore lost AVCHD videos from SD card or other digital devices. To use a Command Prompt, you can follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the command prompt by clicking the “Run” at the start menu of the computer. Now type “cmd” in the given text box.
- Step 2: Now type the command “CHKDSK [driveletter] /r” in the command prompt. As for example, the SD card drive is “E” then you have to type the “CHKDSK E: /r” command on the cmd. The command “CHKDSK” will check the specified disk for structural corruption. And the parameter “/r” will denote the command to recover deleted AVCHD video files.
- Step 3: After this, simply chose “Yes” and then CHKDSK will report back what it has done and you have to visit “My Computer” and check out your specified drive.
Tips To Prevent Data Loss Situation:
Here are some of the helpful tips mentioned below that can help you keep your video files safely and prevent data loss. Follow these tips for keeping your data safely:
- Be very careful while removing the device from the computer or from any other system.
- Check your storage device at least two to three times before formatting.
- Try to make a complete backup of all your important files or folders so that it can help you in the future when any data loss situation happens.
- Try to avoid using the same device when it is already used and it is full. Also, keep it in a safe place and do not save any new media files otherwise the previous data will be overwritten.
- Never remove the files when the file transfer process is in progress.
- Do not use any digital device when its battery is low.
- Always use some reliable power source that can help your system from a sudden shutdown.
Losing AVCHD videos from your digital camcorder is quite a disappointing situation. It is obvious that those lost videos would be so important that you want to recover deleted AVCHD video files.
Sometimes, it may happen that AVCHD video files can corrupt due to several reasons, and it can lead to a result of AVCHD file loss. Hence it’s necessary to repair corrupted AVCHD files before performing the AVCHD recovery process.
So, to avoid this situation, it is better to keep backup of all your important AVCHD videos somewhere on SD card or other digital devices. And if you don’t have any backup then you try AVCHD Video Recovery Tool to recover AVCHD videos from any external storage device.
Hope this blog will not let you down…
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.