People often take pictures to capture their precious moments of life. However, at times these memories gets vanished away from your digital camera due to some unfortunate action. In such a situation, you might wondered how to recover deleted photos from Sony camera.
So today in this post, we are going to provide you the best solution to perform Sony camera data recovery. Also, we’ll offer you the prevention tips that will help you safeguard your digital memory.
To recover data from a Sony digital camera, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Try this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
So, without skipping a single line just go through this post carefully….!
- Is It Possible To Recover Deleted Pictures From Sony Digital Camera?
- Major Factors For Data Loss From Sony Digital Camera
- List Of Popular Sony Cameras Models
- How To Recover Deleted Photos From Sony Camera Using Advanced Recovery Tool?
- How To Fix Corrupt Sony Photos?
- [Additional Tips] How to Avoid Data Loss from Sony Cameras?
- FAQs [Frequently Asked Questions]
Is It Possible To Recover Deleted Pictures From Sony Digital Camera?
Of course yes, it’s possible to recover deleted photos from Sony camera only if you choose the correct way to perform Sony camera data recovery and act quickly.
I am saying this because when your photos get disappeared from your Sony digital camera, they aren’t deleted immediately. Those image files are still present on your storage device (Sony camera card) but in a hidden way. And you can easily recover them by using the best data recovery tool.
Please Note: Stop using your Digital device immediately after losing your valuable data.
However, if you continue using your device after losing photos and the old data have been overwritten by the new one then you will lose the chance of photo recovery forever.
Major Factors For Data Loss From Sony Digital Camera
There are many reasons that can result in data loss from Sony digital cameras. Here we have gathered the major factors that can cause the data deletion from the Sony camera. Let’s take a look:
- Accidental deletion of photos or videos from Sony digital camera.
- Removing the memory card from your Sony camera abruptly
- Interruption during image file transferring process.
- Sony SD card corruption.
- Ignoring the error messages like “Memory card is corrupt” or “memory card is full”.
- SD card is physically damaged
- Formatting the Sony camera’s memory card.
List Of Popular Sony Cameras Models
Here is the list of the most popular Sony cameras models that is mostly used by the professional photographers:
- Sony α7 III
- Sony α6400
- Sony α6000
- Sony α6500
- Sony Alpha 68
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VII
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 IV
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VI
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
- Sony Alpha 7C
- Sony α7R III
- Sony α7R IV
- Sony Alpha 6600
- Sony α6000
How To Recover Deleted Data From Sony Camera Using Advanced Recovery Tool
By using professional Sony Camera Photo Recovery software you can easily recover your deleted, lost, missing, or inaccessible data including photos, video or other files from your digital device.
This program has an advanced algorithm that can deeply scan your camera’s memory card and recover deleted photos from Sony camera in no time.
Some other exclusive features of this tool:
- Simultaneous refurbishment of several pictures, videos, and music files
- Supports data recovery from severely corrupt, inaccessible, virus-infected, and formatted storage drives.
- It is an easy to use and totally user-free interface
- Restores countless file formats without losing their original quality.
- Absolutely secure & malware-free program.
The best part about Sony SD card data recovery software is – it supports both the Windows & Mac OS respectively.
Supported Sony Digital Camera Modals & File Formats
Supported Sony Camera Models:
Support RAW Format:
|SRF, SR2, and ARW.
Supported Photo & Video Formats:
|Photo Formats– TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and GIF.
Video Formats– AVCHD and MP4.
Hurry up! Without wasting any time, just download and install this feature-loaded program and follow its easy steps.
The below steps of this tool will definitely help you to know how to recover deleted data from Sony digital camera easily.
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
How To Fix Corrupt Sony Photos?
#1: Run CHKDSK To Check Your SD Card For Issues
CHKDSK is a great utility that can help you repair your corrupted Sony photos. It will scan your memory card and attempt to resolve the SD card errors and issues like – SD card bad sectors, file corruption etc effectively,
To run the chkdsk command, you need to follow the below given steps:
- Open RUN dialog box & type ‘cmd’ in the search box.
- Then, select the top result “Command Prompt” option & choose Run as administrator
- In the command prompt window, you need to type a command chkdsk /f /r d: (where you need to replace M: with a drive letter) & press Enter.
Once done! Wait for few minutes. Now, the check disk will start scanning your SD card and if any corruption issue is found, it’ll attempt to fix it.
#2: Convert The Image File Format
To fix Sony photo corruption issue, you can also convert the image file to another file format. You can simply do this by using the online image converter tools
#3: Use Photo Repair Software To Fix Corrupt Sony Images
Photo Repair is an advanced software that can help you can repair your corrupt Sony images in no time. This tool will not only help you repair your corrupted files but also repair damaged, broken or inaccessible photos.
The best thing about this tool is that, it supports all the image file formats are PNG, JPEG, DNG, GIF, RS & other file formats. Besides, it can also repair the raw images from your Sony, Canon, Kodak, Panasonic, Fujifilm, and others.
So, just quickly download this tool on your PC and repair your corrupted Sony images with ease.
[Additional Tips] How to Avoid Data Loss from Sony Cameras?
Here we have listed some essential tips that will help you to prevent data deletion from Sony digital cameras in the near future. Just follow them:
- Make a practice to keep a backup of your crucial data on another device or location frequently.
- Don’t use the same SD card on multiple devices because this can affect a file structure.
- Always remove your memory card from a digital device in the correct way.
- To keep your SD card bug-free, scan it by using any reliable antivirus tool to keep it bugs-free.
- Never capture pictures by using your Sony digital camera when the camera says “Low battery”.
- Before deleting unnecessary files, ensure that what you want to delete and what you are deleting.
FAQs [Frequently Asked Question]
Do Sony Cameras Have Internal Memory?
‘NO’, you cannot recover photos from your Sony digital camera because DSLR cameras typically do not have internal storage. Instead, they uses the removable storage device such as – memory cards or SD cards to store the photos or videos.
Is There A Recently Deleted On Sony Camera?
Yes, there is a recently deleted feature is available on Sony Camera.
How Do I Recover Photos From My Sony Memory Card?
You can recover deleted pictures from your Sony memory card by using the above mentioned Sony Photo Recovery Software. With the help of this tool, you can recover all sorts of image and video file formats from your Sony camera’s SD card.
How Do I Download Pictures From My Sony CyberShot To Windows 10?
You can transfer or download pictures from your Sony Cybershot to Windows 10 PC, trying the below easy steps:
- Turn on your Sony Cybershot and the PC.
- Next, insert your Sony SD card to your PC using the card reader
- Now, open your removable device and here you will see all your Cybershot pictures.
- Simply copy and paste them in any location of your PC wherever you want.
Time To Conclude
Losing your precious memories from Sony digital camera can be really stressful. However, in this post I have tried my best to provide you the perfect solution to recover deleted photos from Sony camera.
Whether you have lost your data due to accidental deletion, formatting, or any other reasons, by following the above recommendation and guidelines you can easily get back your lost memories with ease.
Besides, don’t forget to follow the prevention tips to avoid further data loss.
Hope, you like this post!
Taposhi is an expert technical writer with 5+ years of experience. Her in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. She has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.