“Hi, recently I went on a trip & recorded a lot of footage with my Sony FDR-AX100 Handycam. Unluckily, the memory card corrupted and I can’t access the recorded 4K videos and watch them. Is there any way to recover deleted 4K videos from Sony FDR-AX100 Handycam?”
Losing any important photos or videos may incur a great loss. But don’t panic. Whenever you face such type of data deletion issue, first you need to stop using your current camcorders to avoid the existing data gets overwritten. If not, then those overwritten can’t be recovered anymore.
So, just read this article till the end and get complete information on how to recover lost photos/videos from Sony FDR-AX100 Handycam.
To recover deleted 4K videos from Sony FDR-AX100 Handycam, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Media File Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
- Is It Possible To Retrieve Deleted Video Files From A Sony Handycam Camcorder?
- About Sony FDR-AX100 4K Handycam Camcorder
- Why Photos & Videos Gets Deleted From Sony Handycam Camcorder?
- How To Recover Deleted 4K Videos From Sony FDR-AX100 Handycam? (Recommended)
- How To Recover 4K Videos From Sony FDR-AX100 Without Software? (3 Ways)
Is It Possible To Retrieve Deleted Video Files From A Sony Handycam Camcorder?
Well, the answer is obviously ‘Yes’.
With the help of the Sony Camera Data Recovery Tool, you will be able to retrieve deleted video files from a Sony Handycam camcorder.
Apart from that, you can try other Sony Handycam video recovery options like using Backup, CMD command, or reinstalling drivers, etc. that mentioned here.
About Sony FDR-AX100 4K Handycam Camcorder
Recently Sony introduced 4K FDR-AX100 Handycam camcorder which is in great demand. It’s a relatively compact camcorder capable of shooting 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 video at 24 and 30 fps. Also, you can record Full HD 1920 x 1080 video in XAVC S, AVCHD, or web-optimized MP4, as well as take high-quality 20 MP still images.
Key Features of Sony FDR-AX100 4K Handycam Camcorder
- Record 60p movies at Full HD resolution for smooth playback.
- Capture finest details in the 4K HD 3840 x 2160 resolution
- The camcorder features Sony’s first 1.0” Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Capture the high-quality 20 MP images, as well as 14.2 MP & 15 MP
- Equipped with a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens with 12x optical zoom
- Versatile Shooting with XAVC S, AVCHD, and MP4 codecs
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC support lets you use your smartphone or tablet to control the camera, as well as transfer files to a mobile device or computer
- BIONZ X image process enables high speed 120 FBS recording
Why Photos & Videos Gets Deleted From Sony Handycam Camcorder?
You may lose videos from the Sony Handycam camcorder due to different situations, like:
- Capturing or transferring files while Sony Handycam showing low battery
- Accidentally deleted photos from the Sony camera
- Format the Sony Handycam memory card
- When the Sony SD card infected by a virus and this may cause video deletion.
- Ejecting the memory card when your Sony Handycam camcorder is on.
- Use Sony Handycam camcorder SD card on multiple devices, etc.
In any of the aforementioned scenarios, you’ll encounter deletion or corruption of Sony FDR-AX100 Handycam 4K videos.
How To Recover Deleted 4K Videos From Sony FDR-AX100 Handycam? (Recommended)
When you lose your important data from a video camera or deliberately the video gets deleted by someone. Then you can recover video files from digital cameras with the help of the Sony Digital Camera Recovery Tool.
I am recommending this software because it is perfect to recover 4K videos from Sony FDR-AX100. It has some beneficial features like it supports all photos (TIFF, GIF, BMP, etc.), videos (MP4, AVI, WMV, etc.), audio file (RPS, MP3, AU, etc.) formats, and storage devices.
The best thing about this tool is that it provides the facility to preview the files before recovery. Below find out it’s more amazing features that make it a perfect choice for you. Let’s see:
- Supports all Sony camcorder file formats such as DV, HDV, AVCHD, H.264, MPEG-2, MPEG4, etc.
- Support Sony 4k camcorder series
- It is compatible with both Windows & Mac OS.
Apart from video recovery, it also restores photos, audio files, etc from digital cameras, USB flash drives, memory cards, hard drives, and other external storage devices.
Follow the step-by-step guide to recover deleted 4K videos from Sony FDR cameras.
Important Note: But when such a data loss situation happens then it is instructed not to save any more data otherwise new data will overwrite the old one and it will be impossible to retrieve the deleted data.
How To Recover 4K Videos From Sony FDR-AX100 Without Software?
Option #1: Restore Sony FDR-AX100 4K Videos From Backup
If you have ever kept a backup of your important photos and videos which you don’t want to lose at any cost then you can simply restore from the backup option.
Follow the below easy steps to restore Sony FDR-AX100 4K videos from backup:
- Find out & open the video backup folder.
- After this, locate the data you actually want to restore from the Sony FDR-AX100 4K camera card.
- Lastly, just copy and store the found videos and photos back to the SD card or the disk drives.
Option #2: Run CHKDSK Command
Another method that you can try to access SD memory card data of Sony FDR-AX100 Handycam Camera is to run chkdsk. Thus, in order to fix and recover video and photos, you can run the CHKDSK command and follow the below steps.
- First of all, you have to go to Start
- Then, type the cmd in the search box to open the Command Prompt.
- Now, you can type chkdsk e:/f >> press Enter.
You can now check if you can access the Sony FDR-AX100 Handycam Camcorder’s videos and photos that are stored on the SD card.
I hope this option will work, or if it doesn’t work then go through the next way.
Option #3: Perform Re-Installation of Drivers
In case, if your system is not at all able to detect the SD card or any other disk drives then it is possible that it may be outdated. Try to reinstall the drive by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: At first, you need to go to “This PC” >> right-click on it.
Step 2: Next, check the Manage >> go to the Device Manager
Step 3: In the third step, make double-click on Disk Drives option.
Step 4: After that, go to the removable drive >> click the option Uninstall.
Step 5: Now, you’ve to disconnect your SD card >> restart PC & then reconnect it.
After applying these steps, it is possible that it will able to detect the SD card now and get access to the data present on it.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How Do I Transfer Videos From My Sony Handycam To The Computer?
By following the below steps, you will be able to transfer videos from your Sony Handycam to a PC or laptop: 1. Turn on your computer. 2. Connect the Sony Handycam camcorder to the PC with a USB cable. 3. Then, turn on your Handycam camcorder. 4. On a camcorder LCD screen, you need to touch the USB CONNECT. 5. Start the Picture Motion Browser software. 6. Next, in a Picture Motion Browser window >> click File >> make a tap on Import Media Files. 7. Under the Import Media Files dialog box, in Select the source to import from:, click the down arrow to display the drop-down list. 8. After that, in a drop-down list, click to choose Sony Handycam/Computer (Disc). 9. Make a tap on OK button. 10. Under an Import Media Files window >> click the Select All option. 11. Click the Next button. 12. Under Folder to be imported, make sure Save in a new folder is selected. 13. Now, click on Import button.
Can I Recover Deleted Files From My Sony Camcorder For Free?
Yes, you can recover deleted files from the Sony camcorder for free by using the most reliable Sony Camera Data Recovery Tool mentioned above.
How Do I Reset My Sony Handycam?
In order to rest the Sony Handycam, you need to follow the beneath steps carefully: • Locate RESET button on your Sony camcorder. • Use a pointed object (like a ballpoint pen) to press & hold the RESET button for 2-3 seconds. • After that, release the RESET button.
Time to Sum Up
Data loss can happen anytime either from the camera or Smartphone’s but those can be recovered using a Data Recovery Tool only when the deleted data is not overwritten by any new data.
In this blog, I have discussed how to recover deleted 4K videos of high-resolution shot from Sony FDR-AX100 with ease. You can try any of the above solutions to recover 4K videos from Sony FDR-AX100.
All the methods provided here are very easy and effective that anyone can try them without having any technical knowledge.
Taposhi is an expert technical writer with 5+ years of experience. Her in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. She has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.