Find out simple and easy Way to retrieve Deleted/Lost RM files
Are your RM files got deleted accidentally? Later, you want to recover rm files? If your answer is “yes”, then read this post till the end. Here you will find the simple way through which you can Recover Deleted/Lost RM Files (RealMedia) video or audio files in simple steps.
With the use of suitable RM file recovery software, one can easily retrieve back their lost/deleted or corrupted RM files. One of such suitable recovery software is Photo Recovery Tool, through which you can:
- Easily restore your deleted/erased/lost RM video and audio files.
- Support recovery of RM files from Hard Drive, Pen drive, External hard disk, USB drives, memory cards and other data storage devices.
- Rescue file format other than RM such as Video files (AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, DIVX, etc) Audio Files (AAC, AMR, WAV, M4A, etc) and Photo files (JPG, PNG, TIF, RAW, PSD, etc).
- Preview recoverable media files within the software before final recovery
- 100% read only program. Safe,secure and easy to use.
What is RM File Format?
RM stands for Real Media that is one of the most common file formats that is used in RealPlayer. RM file format is discovered by RealNetwork to play videos, audios and as well as live video/audio streaming. These Real Media files have great video and audio quality. However, these RM files could easily get lost or deleted as other computer files. Loss or deletion of files has become common and many users encounter this problem.
Let us Take Real User Example:
restoring deleted realplayer file by mistake ( ever have a solution?).
I had a library of videos as a section of my realplayer . The videos were directly downloaded from youtube by the common relplayer tag . Then you know that it is getting downloaded into a file called : ‘ videos ‘ in the system. Accidently I deleted that file tonight and I seek a way to get them back.
– Original Post from Seven Forums
Other Reasons for The Deletion/Lost of RM Files
Accidental deletion or lost of RM files has become one of the common problem for the users who always deal with RM file format extension. Some of the common causes for the loss or deletion of .rm audio/video files format are mentioned below:
- Accidentally deleting .rm files from your system as well emptying recycle bin.
- While deleting unwanted files, you unintentionally shift + deleted some of your important RM files.
- If any interruption occurs while transferring RM files from computer to external data storage device or vice versa, also results in RM files loss.
- If your Real Media files get infected with virus or malware, then you will not be able to access it and hence you may lose your RM video/audio files.
- Other causes such as OS corruption, file system corruption or hard drive failure, etc can also result in deletion of RM files.
Additional Reading: Recover MP3 Audio Files
How to Restore Deleted/Lost RM (Real Media) Files
So, if you have lost or deleted your RM files and you want to restore it, then you can follow the below mentioned RM file recovery solutions:
Solution 1: If you have kept backup of your RM file on any other data storage devices, then you can easily get back deleted or lost .RM Video and audio files from the backup.
Additional Reading: AMR File Recovery – Recover Lost or Deleted AMR Files
Solution 2: If your storage device has got infected with virus/malware in which you have saved RM files, then scan your storage device with the help of Anti-virus software.
Solution 3: But if in case, if you do not have any backup of your RM files, even then also you do not need to worry about it. When you delete RM files from the data storage devices, only its index entries gets deleted and marks its space as free. But, its data remained on original place until it gets overwritten with any new data.
After this apply Photo Recovery (Windows/Mac) which is perfect RM file recovery software that is designed to restore lost, deleted, missing, erased, RM video/music files from data storage devices. The .rm file recovery tool also recover other audio, videos and photo files format from other various storage devices such as hard drive, external hard drive, memory cards, music player, etc.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Get Back Deleted Videos from Camera
- How to Recover AVI files from Hard Drive
- MXF File Recovery
- WAV File Recovery
- MKV File Recovery
Steps to Retrieve Erased/Deleted RM Files
Step 1 – Install “RM File Recovery’ tool and launch it. Click on “Recover Photo, Audio & Video” tab to recover images, songs and videos files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. The external media will be shown in the list, if not then click on “Refresh Drive” button. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on “Scan Now”. If you want to customize the recovery on the basis of file types then click on “Advance Scan”.
Step 3 – In the Advanced Scan you will have the option to scan as per to the file list, such as Photo, Video and audio or you can also select the data range from the storage device. This option reduces the scanning process time.
Step 4 – Once you click on “Scan Now” button the software will show that scanning is in process. The recovered files listed in a tree structure on the left side of the window panel.
Step 5 – After scanning, you can select the files to preview them and then you can click on “Recover” button to finally save them on your computer.
Step 6 – Select the desired location on your computer to save the recovered files. The screenshot shows that the recovered files are being saved.
Tips to remember
- Always keep a habit of keeping backup your RM video/audio files at two places, in order to deal with such RM file loss situation.
- As and when you notice RM file deletion, the immediately stop using the storage devices and do not add any new data on it to avoid data overwriting.
- Always keep updated antivirus software on your system to avoid RM file corruption due to malware or virus.
So, I hope you are able to recover RM (Real Media) files by following the above solutions. But if in case if you do not have backup of RM files then it is highly recommended that you must use RM file Recovery software.
If you have found this post helpful and useful, then please do not forget to share it.