Step by Step Guide to Recover Deleted AVCHD Files From Digital Camcorder Easily
Want to recover AVCHD video files your digital camcorder? Have you mistakenly lost some precious video files from your digital camcorder due to unexpected reason? Are you looking for a solution to get back all those deleted or lost video files from your digital camcorder? If YES then do not worry because if you want to recover lost or deleted video files using Digital Media Recovery tool. This tool will also allow you:
- Restore Deleted, formatted, erased or missing ARW raw files
- Also, recover various format of videos and photos file format
- Apart from AVCHD video files, it also recovers other video files like 3G2, 3GP, AJP, ASX, AVI, DIVx, M4V, F4R, etc
- The software is compatible with both Windows and Mac
- Easily recover media files from several media storage devices such as memory cards, smartphones & tablets, memory sticks, hard drive, pen drive, external hard drive, digital cameras, USB drives & camcorders, etc
- It is read-only program and 100% risk-free & easy to use
“Currently I am having Sony handycam HDR-XR200V camcorder in which I used to record AVCHD footages and sue Sony Picture Browser tool to copy them to my Windows computer. Generally, I delete video files from my camcorder after copying them to the system because it takes much space. Two days before, my computer’s hard disk on which I stored those AVCHD videos got crashed and I am unable to access those videos. Do you have any idea how can I get the back from my Windows computer? Please help!!!”
AVCHD stands for Advanced Video Coding High Definition and it is a popular video file format which is developed by Sony and Panasonic. One of the most common benefits of this video file format is it allows users to shoot high definition videos in a compression format which is suitable for other memory cards on camcorders. But sometimes, you can lose your videos from such camcorder. However, you can easily get them back but before that let us have a look at some common scenarios for losing videos or other media files from different digital devices.
Reasons For Losing AVCHD Files From Digital camcorders
There are several reasons available for losing AVCHD files from digital camcorders. Sometimes your files become inaccessible due to several reasons. Some of the most common reasons are mentioned-below:
- Malware infection can also be one of the major reasons for becoming your files inaccessible so try to update your system on a regular basis to avoid this situation.
- Sometimes it happens that the data is overwritten before you recover the files. So, the data becomes inaccessible in this way.
- When you transfer a bunch of files and there exists a broken or corrupted file then it makes all your files inaccessible.
- If you delete files from your memory card unintentionally then also the files become inaccessible.
- When you create a number of partitions, sometimes your files becomes inaccessible due to an improper division of hard drive.
These are some of the major causes of becoming your files inaccessible. However, you can avoid all these scenarios that lead your data or AVCHD videos files to become inaccessible. If you want to recover deleted AVCHD video files from Digital Camcorder then you can also try some ways of recovery you can see below.
Best solutions to Recover AVCHD Videos Easily
You can easily try these below-mentioned ways to recover deleted AVCHD video files with an ease.
- Restore from backup is the first option every user who comes across this issue applies. If you have a backup of lost AVCHD video files that have been corrupted or deleted due to some reasons then they can be restored from backup.
- If your system has corrupted due to virus infection then it can damage or make your files inaccessible from the system. In such case, making your system virus free will let you recover deleted AVCHD video files easily.
- Also, you can try Command Prompt option to retrieve lost AVCHD videos from your system. To use Command Prompt, you can follows these steps:
- Open the command prompt by clicking the “Run” at the start menu of the computer. Now type “cmd” in the given text box.
- Now type the command “CHKDSK [driveletter] /r” in the command prompt. As for example, the SD card drive is “E” then you have to type “CHKDSK E: /r” command on the cmd. The command “CHKDSK” will check the specified disk for structural corruption. And the parameter “/r” will denote the command to recover the data it finds.
- After this, simply chose “Yes” and then CHKDSK will report back what it has done and you have to visit “My Computer” and check out your specified drive.
- Or you can also try Video Recovery Tool to retrieve lost or deleted AVCHD video files easily. This tool is very safe to sue and also offers easy to use steps. The steps involved in the recovery process can easily be performed by anyone as it does not require any technical help.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Pentax RAW PEF Photo Recovery on Windows/Mac
- ASF File Recovery – Restore Deleted ASF Video Files on Windows/Mac
- M4A File Recovery – Retrieve Deleted M4A Files on Windows/Mac
- Recover Deleted Photos/Videos From Panasonic Lumix DMC-CM1on Windows/Mac
Steps to retrieve lost/deleted Videos from digital camera
Step 1 – Install “Video Recovery’ tool and launch it. Click on “Recover Photo, Audio & Video” tab to recover images, songs and videos files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. The external media will be shown in the list, if not then click on “Refresh Drive” button. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on “Scan Now”. If you want to customize the recovery on the basis of file types then click on “Advance Scan”.
Step 3 – In the Advanced Scan you will have the option to scan as per to the file list, such as Photo, Video and audio or you can also select the data range from the storage device. This option reduces the scanning process time.
Step 4 – Once you click on “Scan Now” button the software will show that scanning is in process. The recovered files listed in a tree structure on the left side of the window panel.
Step 5 – After scanning, you can select the files to preview them and then you can click on “Recover” button to finally save them on your computer.
Step 6 – Select the desired location on your computer to save the recovered files. The screenshot shows that the recovered files are being saved.
Tips to Prevent Data Loss Situation:
Here are some of the helpful tips mentioned below that can help you keep your video files safely and prevent data loss. Follow these tips for keeping your data safely:
- Check your storage device at least two to three times before formatting.
- Try to avoid using the same device when it is already used and it is full. Also, keep it on safe place and do not save any new media files otherwise the previous data will be overwritten.
- Be very careful while removing the device from computer or from any other system.
- Try to make a complete backup of all your important files or folders so that it can help you in future when any data loss situation happens.
- Do not use any digital device when its battery is low.
- Never remove the files when file transfer process is on progress.
- Always use some reliable power source which can help your system from sudden shutdown.
Losing AVCHD videos from your digital camcorder is quite disappointing situation. As these videos can be the most memorable moment for you that you have saved. So, it would be better of you keep the backup of such video files somewhere safely so that even if you lose such videos from your camera, you can retrieve AVCHD video files from your system.
If you have found this post helpful and useful, then please do not forget to share it.