Have you deleted photos from Epson digital camera accidentally? Looking for a way to recover deleted RAW ERF images from Epson camera? Do not panic! Here in this blog, you will get effective solutions to retrieve lost Epson RAW ERF image files with ease.
But, before discussing further information, I would like to provide you a straight forward answer on how to restore Epson RAW ERF files. By using the Epson RAW File Recovery Tool, you can easily get back deleted RAW ERF pictures from Epson camera.
To recover deleted ERF files, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Media File Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
What Is ERF File?
Epson is a very popular brand in terms of a digital camera. This company produces various types of cameras that come useful for both photographers and common users. The ERF file extension is related to Epson digital cameras, and it was developed by Epson Company itself. The .erf file store photos in Epson RAW format.
The RAW image is minimally processed data taken from a CCD or CMOS sensor of a digital camera. Later users can transform those RAW ERF file formats to other image file formats like JPEG/JPG, PNG, and more. But, sometimes, the RAW ERF files may get deleted accidentally or unintentionally.
Although, losing photos from digital cameras have become very common. Almost every digital camera user lost their photos due to accidental deletion, format or other reasons. So, below I have listed the most common reasons for Epson RAW ERF deletion.
Reasons For Loss Of RAW ERF Photos From Epson Camera
There are several reasons which may result loss of precious data from memory card, hard drives or USB drive. So it is always required to handle the drives with care so that no data loss happens and all content may be safe. But the reasons for data loss situation are important to know for every user and hence, they are mentioned below:
- Data loss may happen when accidentally deletion of files and folders
- Due to the formatting of the device without keeping backup
- Inserting digital media on incompatible device
- Because of the harmful virus attack, the data get lost
- Any type of interruption while transferring of data from a card like sudden power failure, harshly removal of the card, etc
- Ejecting the device forcefully at the time of accessing data
- Using the same storage device on several gadgets which can lead to data loss
- Even the file system which is used to store data gets corrupted because of improper handling which makes the data inaccessible
How To Recover Deleted Epson RAW ERF Image Files
In order to recover formatted ERF image files from Epson camera, you can simply use Epson RAW File Recovery Tool. This tool helps you to retrieve deleted, formatted, corrupted, and inaccessible videos, photos and audios from External & internal drives, digital cameras, memory cards, USB drive, etc with its powerful restoring ability.
The tool is designed in such a way that it can easily rescue any type of data deletion from any storage media and supports all types of memory cards which include SD card, CF card, XD card, etc. It thoroughly scans the entire storage device as it has a powerful scanning technique that can solve the Epson RAW ERF Image File Recovery problem easily.
I am saying this because, with the help of this recovery software, you can:
- Rescue deleted, lost, missing, formatted, erased Epson RAW ERF image files
- Also recover other digital cameras RAW image file formats such as Nikon (NEF), Fujifilm (RAF), Canon (CRW & CR2), Sony (SRF), Samsung (SRW), Kodak (DCR), Leica (DNG), Sigma (X3F), Olympus (ORF), Panasonic RAW image, Toshiba RAW image and many more
- Also, recover video recordings and audio files from various digital cameras and camcorders
- Recover ERF files from various memory cards such as SD cards, MMC card, xD picture card, microSD, miniSD, TF card, CF card, etc
- Preview RAW ERF images within software before you proceed to save them on your PC
- Compatible for both Windows and Mac users as it comes separately for both OS
- Read-only program, 100% clean, safe & easy to use
The recovery tool is known as one of the successful tools which recover photos from hard disk or other storage devices like USB drives, memory card, SD card, etc and also supports Windows and Mac both.
Below are the steps of this recovery tool to get back missing ERF photos from Epson camera.
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
Other Alternatives To Recover Deleted RAW ERF Images
Methods #1: Restore ERF Pictures Via Backup option
Keeping a backup of the files is the primary option, if you have a backup then you can perform file recovery with ease.
Therefore, it is recommended that while shooting an important event, it will be better that you use a portable card reader or portable hard drive. Because this can backup all your data like videos, audios, images, etc. So that afterward you can get missing data from the backup folder easily.
Method #2: Run Command Prompt Option
To recover deleted ERF photos, you can simply try the CHKDSK command prompt. To do so, you need to follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you have to open a Command Prompt as administrator.
- In the next step, you have to type chkdsk /r /f X: and then press “Enter” key. Now replace the letter X with the drive volume letter.
- In the last step, you have to detach and then restore those files.
Tips To Prevent RAW ERF Image File loss
Below are some of the tips to avoid data loss scenarios on any storage device.
- Buy a reliable digital device– You should never buy any product like a memory card from an unknown manufacturer which is cheap.
- After every use, format the drive in the camera– Always try to format the memory card in the camera otherwise, the files will not be written to card by a camera.
- Backup all data on a separate drive while importing– You should always backup all files while importing by making a second copy on a different hard drive.
- Dual memory slots– If the digital device like the camera is having two memory slots then put two same cards and use backup mode with both especially at that time when it is important to shoot.
- Label the cards– Buy some sticky color labels from the store and use them on those cards which are already used. Just make it a habit to put labels on every card that comes from your camera. Hence this process can be helpful to avoid data loss.
Storing the photos, videos and audios in different storage devices are very essential for an individual and losing them can be a serious case for anyone. There are some unforeseen reasons that badly affect your media files and hence become inaccessible.
Well, in the above section of this blog, I have discussed the best ways to retrieve lost RAW ERF images from Epson camera. So, if you have lost your RAW ERF files and willing to get back those files then, simply try the Epson RAW File Recovery Tool to perform Epson RAW image recovery without any hesitation.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.