Like other external hard drives, the Maxtor hard disk is also used to save the media files. It contains all data you put into your PC, including photos, videos, music, programs, document files, and many more. But sometimes, it may happen the data present on the Maxtor hard drive can be lost due to some unknown reason. Now, what to do? How to perform Maxtor hard drive recovery if you’ve deleted your Maxtor files accidentally? Don’t panic, here in this article, I am going to discuss how you can recover deleted data from Maxtor hard drive in a simple step-by-step method.
So, let’s get started…
To recover lost files from Maxtor hard drive, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
Can Accidently Deleted Data Be Recovered From A Maxtor Hard Drive?
The answer is “Yes”, until and unless data stored within the Maxtor hard drive does not get overwritten.
When you face such kind of data loss issue, you might be thinking that all your precious stuff have been deleted forever. But this is not true, it’s available there only and you can easily recover data from Maxtor hard disk by using the appropriate Maxtor data recovery tool.
About Maxtor Hard Drive
Maxtor hard drives are the most popular hard drives all over the world. It is a prominent hard disk manufacturer which comes from America. These hard drives come in huge storage capacities, generally reliable, and are cheap. Apart from that, Maxtor hard drive is owned by Seagate & known for supplying portable hard disks in different gigabyte sizes. Even it supports a USB 2.0 connection, allow you to transfer the files at blazing speeds of up to 7200RPM.
Similarly, Maxtor Hard Drive is not free from data loss problems. There are various reasons through which users face file deletion from their Maxtor drive. Therefore, in the next section of this article, you are going to learn the major reasons behind the file deletion from Maxtor hard drives in brief.
What Are The Common Reasons For Maxtor Hard Disk Data Loss?
There could be few potential reasons that can lead to the Maxtor data loss scenario. They are as follows:
Virus And Malware Attack
The virus and malware attack is one of the most common reasons that can cause the file deletion issue in Maxtor hard drive. If your hard drive gets affected by any harmful virus then there could be a huge possibility to lose data from the hard drive.
Sudden System Shutdown
Another cause that can lead to data loss from Maxtor hard disk is the unexpected shutdown of the system without saving the important files.
Formatting The Maxtor Drive
Formatting the hard drive can remove all the files and documents present on it. However, without taking backup, if you try to format your Maxtor hard drive then you won’t be able to access the existing files.
Unintentional Removal Of Files & Folders On Maxtor Hard Drive
When you save your vital data on an external HDD, it’s present in hard disk partitions. Nevertheless, if you accidentally erase the files/folders from a hard disk without keeping any backup of the Maxtor drive data, you will lose them. If you need those lost data back, use a secure data recovery tool.
Sometimes, abrupt power loss could also cause file deletion problems.
Physical damage can cause due to an unexpected fall of a disk or any corruption to a hard drive processor. Hence, it’s the major part which stores the files then translates them & shows them when demanded.
So, these are the possible reasons that can ultimately lead to data loss issues. In the below section, you are going to find out the best Seagate hard drive recovery solutions!
Professional Maxtor Hard Drive Recovery Tool
Whenever you lose all your important data from Maxtor hard drive or deliberately the files get deleted by someone then you can use the expert Maxtor Hard Drive Data Recovery tool.
With the help of this software, you can easily recover files from Maxtor Hard Disk. It comes with an efficient scanning algorithm that extracts every single multimedia file after the deletion.
This is completely safe and very powerful too, through this you can recover data from Seagate external hard drive. It has some other outstanding features like:
- Effectively recover photos, videos music, and other media files from digital devices.
- Recover files from several storage media like SD card, USB drive, CF card, Pendrive, and many more
- Offers to preview the recovered files before the final recovery
- 100% safe, secure, and easy to use
- Available for both OS: Windows as well as Mac
Therefore, don’t wait for anything, just start downloading & installing this feature-loaded program and then follow the step-by-step guide to do data recovery from Maxtor hard disk easily.
How To Perform Maxtor Hard Drive Recovery Without Software?
Well, it’s always a good idea to have a backup of the data to your system or other storage devices. If you’ve a complete & updated backup of your lost data that you don’t want to lose at any cost then you can simply restore from the backup folder. For recovering data from Maxtor hard drive via backup, follow these steps:
- At first, find & open the backup folder
- Locate the exact files that you want to recover from the Maxtor hard drive.
- Then, you’ve to copy & store the stuff that you found back to the drive.
Doing so will surely help you to perform data recovery from Maxtor hard disk in easy ways.
How To Recover Data From Maxtor External Hard Drive Using Windows Explorer?
Another option you can try to recover data from Maxtor external hard drive using Windows Explorer. So, here is how you can easily do so:
- Connect your Maxtor hard drive with a PC.
- Press the “Win-E” key in order to open the Windows Explorer.
- Next, click on a drive letter related to a Maxtor hard disk. This might seem as “New Volume” or “..“.
- At this time, navigate to a folder which contains the files that you need to restore.
- Backups are generally located in the path “Master Backup/Your_Computer/C/Documents” & Settings/USERNAME/My Documents.”
- Just, drag & drop the files from a folder to the preferred copy location.
- Otherwise, press the “Ctrl-C” in order to copy the chosen files, then navigate the preferred copy location & press the “Ctrl-V” in order to paste those files in a new location.
How to Fix Maxtor External Hard Drive Not Recognized?
Check out the below troubleshooting tricks to repair Maxtor external hard drive not recognized issue easily.
#1: Check the Disk Error
If your Maxtor drive contains file system or disk errors, it might unable to be accessed. Therefore, you can solve the undetected errors by using the Disk. Just follow the below easy steps, to do so:
- At first, right-click on This PC or My Computer and then choose “Manage“.
- Under the Disk Management, you need to right-click the Maxtor hard drive >> select the Properties and then Tools.
- After that tap on ‘Check’ in the ‘Error checking‘ in order to check & repair Maxtor hard drive for system errors.
#2: Check The Disk Error With CHKDSK
In order to fix undetected Maxtor hard drive using chkdsk, follow these steps:
- Firstly, type the cmd in a Windows Search & hit Enter.
- In the next step, right-click on Command Prompt & select the “Open as an administrator“.
- Next, type in diskpart & hit Enter.
- After this, type the command: chkdsk g: /f /r /x >> hit Enter.
- Now, type: exit in order to complete the process once a disk checkup procedure is completed.
#3: Disable The Setting Of USB Selective Suspend
- In the Windows search, type the power plan>> hit
- Next, enter the Power Options and choose “Change a plan settings“
- Select the “Change an advanced power settings” option.
- Then, expand the “USB settings” and then “USB selective suspend setting“
- Now, go to the “Setting” then “Disabled“.
- Finally, tap on “OK” and then “Apply” option to save all the changes you have made.
#4: Turn ON The Legacy Support Of USB In A BIOS
Well, if a Maxtor drive isn’t enabled in the BIOS then your PC motherboard may not be able to find it. Simply try out the below instructions carefully to enable the USB support for Maxtor drive in the Bios:
- First, restart the PC >> press the F2/F8 and F11 keys in order to enter the BIOS.
- Then, go to Advanced tab >> select the “USB Configuration“.
- Choose the Legacy a USB Support & set this state as an “Enabled“.
- At this time, you need to save all the changes that you have made and exit from there.
#5: Update the Disk Driver
For updating the disk driver follow the below-given steps:
- At first, right-click the My Computer or This PC >> select the “Manage” option.
- On a Computer Management, you have to select the “Device Manager“.
- Now, expand the Disk drives >> right-click a Maxtor hard drive that is undetected >> select the “Update driver“.
Want To Avoid Maxtor Hard Disk Data Loss? Here’s How You Can Do So:
Once you retrieve the Maxtor hard drive files using the Maxtor hard disk data recovery solution, an issue isn’t resolved yet. However, you need permanent tips so that you should not face such kind of Maxtor hard drive data loss situation in the near future.
Below I’ve listed some of the precautionary tips by following that you can simply avoid further data loss from Maxtor drive.
- Always try to keep backup copies of your important files in healthy storage devices
- Make use of the power stabilizers in order to prevent unexpected power spikes & shut down.
- Before formatting your Maxtor hard disk, do not forget to take a valid backup of your essential data.
- Run a trustworthy antivirus program on your computer
- Use the option of safe removal to evade sudden interruption of a device while transferring the file.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How Do I Access My Maxtor External Hard Drive?
To access the Maxtor hard drive, you need to connect one end of a USB cable to USB port on your Maxtor hard drive. Then, turn on your hard drive. Now, make a tap on the Open folder to view the files option and click OK. Doing so will help you to open your Maxtor hard drive and to reveal any files/content saved within it. Find the files you need from your PC, then right-click each one.
Can I Recover Data From My Maxtor External Hard Drive?
Yes, you can recover data from Maxtor hard disk by using the most reliable Maxtor hard drive recovery software mentioned in the above section of this blog.
How Do I Fix My Maxtor External Hard Drive?
In order to fix the Maxtor hard drive, just right-click on This PC/My Computer then choose the Manage >> Disk Management. After this, make right-click on your Maxtor external hard drive and choose Properties >> Tools. Click on Check under the Error-checking to check & repair the drive for file system errors.
Time To Sum Up
Once the data get erased from any external hard drive then it’s quite hectic to recover them back. Until and unless you don’t have a perfect solution with you, it is dreadful to recover deleted data from an external hard drive.
So, in this article, I’ve tried my best to collect the possible solution that will help you to do Maxtor external hard drive recovery with ease.
The best way that you can try to recover files from Maxtor Hard Disk is the professional Maxtor Hard Drive Recovery. It has the perfect capability to restore corrupted, deleted, inaccessible or even formatted data from digital devices in no time.
If you’ve found this post helpful to you, then please don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives…
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.