Seagate is the best external hard drive as it is the first with 2TB 7200 RPM desktop hard drive and low power consumption. Sometimes, because of some unexpected reasons you may lose your data from Seagate hard drive or it becomes dead or inaccessible. But, you need not worry, in this article, you’ll know about the best Seagate hard drive recovery software. This effective tool will definitely help you to recover data from dead Seagate hard drive.
To recover dead hard drive Seagate, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
Can Data Be Recovered From A Dead Seagate External Hard Drive?
The short answer is “Yes”, until and unless data stored within the drive does not get overwritten.
In case, if your Seagate external hard drive died already and you lost the access to your important data stored within it, then – how to recover data from Seagate external hard disk which is not detecting?
Well, in such situation the best way to get back data from dead Seagate external hard disk is to use appropriate Seagate hard drive data recovery tool.
Below, find out the best Seagate dead hard drive recovery solutions!
How To Recover Data From Dead Seagate External Hard Drive?
There are many ways to recover data from dead Seagate external hard drive. Below I have mentioned some solutions that will help you to get back your deleted data. Perform the steps carefully one by one.
Solution #1: Seagate External Hard Drive Data Recovery
The best powerful and appropriate Seagate Hard Drive Data Recovery Software is capable to recovers inaccessible media files such as photos, videos and other stuffs from dead Seagate external hard drive.
The best thing about this dead/crashed Seagate external hard drive data recovery software is that it is available for both Windows and Mac computer.
This Seagate External Hard Disk Data Recovery has the potential to extract data from drive formatted with FAT32, FAT16, NTFS5, and exFAT file system. It also retrieves data from all types of memory cards, USB flash drives, computer internal as well as external hard disk and other removable media storage devices.
Below follow the steps to recover media files from dead Seagate external hard drive by using Seagate external hard drive recovery software.
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
Note: Make sure that your dead Seagate external hard drive is not physically broken or damaged. If is it so, then your computer may not able to detect your hard drive. But trying the software to Seagate hard drive recovery does not cost anything extra. So, it’s worthy of trying.
Solution #2: Connect Your Seagate Hard Drive To Another USB Port
When you find that your Seagate external hard drive is not recognized or dead, then you can try to connect your hard drive to other USB port of your computer or a new computer to check whether it’s really dead or not.
Solution #3: Force Dead Seagate External Hard Drive To Show Up In Disk Management
If your dead Seagate hard drive fails to respond or show up in PC, then you can follow below steps to fix and repair dead external hard drive:
- Connect your dead Seagate external hard drive to your Windows PC.
- Go to Control Panel >Administration > Computer Administration.
- Go to Storage > Disk Management.
- Right-click on your dead external hard drive and click on “Change Drive Letter and Path…”
- Assign a new drive letter name that doesn’t exist on your PC and mark the Partition as “Active”.
- Click “OK”.
Restart your PC and check whether your external Seagate external hard drive shows up in “This PC/My Computer” and you see if you can access the files stored within it.
Solution #4: Format Your Dead Seagate External Hard Drive To NTFS (Reusable)
Formatting the hard drive will erase all data stored within it. So, it is highly recommended that you must recover your important data from the drive.
In order to recover pictures, movies, music, and other videos and audio files from dead Seagate external hard disk, you must try the above-mentioned data recovery software.
You can then move ahead to format your dead Seagate external hard drive to re-use it again.
Here follow the steps:
- Connect your dead Seagate hard drive to PC.
- Right-click on “This PC/My Computer” and click on ‘Manage”.
- Go to Disk Management tool and right-click on the external hard drive that you want to format.
- Select “Format Volume” to format the whole disk.
- You can select the file system of your storage device to NTFS or FAT32.
- Click “OK”.
Solution #5: Reinstall USB Controller to Recover a Dead External Hard Drive
Follow the below-given steps to reinstall the USB controller to restore data from the dead hard drive.
- Click on Start icon
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter
- Open the Device Manager and expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers
- Right-click on the USB Root Hub > Properties > Power Management > uncheck
- Allow your computer to switch off the device in order to save power
Repeat the process for every USB Root Hub present in the list and reboot it. Now, your computer will able to read your dead Seagate external hard drive.
Reasons Behind Dead Seagate External Hard Drive
- Firmware: it was not tested by the manufacturer while selling it to the customer.
- Heat: improper ventilation or excess heat can result in a hard disk crash.
- Power Surges: unreliable supply of power to UPS can be high or low
- Internal Failure: virus attack or hardware bad sector can lead to hardware failure
- Human Error: incorrect installation of an operating system or making changes in the registry settings
How To Recover Data From Seagate External Hard Disk Which Is Not Detecting?
Losing data from an external hard drive can be very much annoying as it contains important data like pictures, videos, music, etc. There could be various causes that can delete data and make your Seagate external hard drive completely dead.
But now with powerful Hard drive data recovery software, you need not to worry anymore. By using this Seagate external hard drive recovery tool, you will surely be going to recover data from seagate external hard disk which is not detecting.
People Also Ask
After going through the article, I hope you get the best Seagate hard drive recovery solution to perform data recovery from dead Seagate external hard drive.
If the problem still persists then try the Seagate External Hard Drive Data Recovery, this will make the whole recovery process easy and you can retrieve data from dead Seagate hard drive.
If you have any suggestions or queries related to this article then you can ask in the comment section.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.