Here you will learn to recover deleted videos from camera. Try the best effective digital recovery tool to get back deleted videos from camera with an ease. No matter which operating system you are using to retrieve deleted videos from camera, it works on both the operating system; Windows as well as Mac OS.
To recover deleted video from camera, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Media File Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
“I have a flip camera with which I have recorded a lot of videos. Yesterday, I mistakenly pressed on ‘delete all’ option, all my original video on the Flip camera disappeared. They are really important files and I would love to retrieve them. Does anyone know how to recover deleted video files from Flip camera? Or any software packages which might work?”
Digital cameras are nowadays becoming more and more famous because it can take your beautiful pictures and videos. But because of another digital device, this also bound to data loss and the reasons are virus infection, accidental deletion or due to incomplete file transfer, the data’s are deleted from storage device. However with a proper backup of the lost data, it can be easily recovered but when no backup is present then know the best option to recover deleted videos from camera is as follow:
Best Way To Recover Deleted Videos From Camera With Ease!!!
There are several reasons that are responsible behind the deletion of the precious videos from the digital camera, but the recovery is the one top high-quality Digital Media Data Recovery Tool. This professional data recovery tool can:
- Recover Deleted Videos from various brands of Digital Cameras like Nikon, Samsung, Sony, Canon, Kodak and many more.
- Restore deleted/lost/corrupted/inaccessible videos from cameras
- Rescue data from external and internal storage device
- Retrieve media files from external storage devices like portable HDD, thumb drive, flash drive, memory cards, etc
- Compatible with both Windows/Mac OS.
- Get back of different file formats of videos such as AVI, MOV, MPEG, MPG, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, RM, M4V and many others
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
Alternate Ways To Recover Deleted Videos From Camera
Method #1: Reinstall The Driver
If the computer does not recognize the SDHC card, SDXC card or memory card then try by reinstalling the drivers on the system. There are some chances that your computer’s drivers have corrupted because of the malware or are outdated. If you uninstall the drive and then again reinstall the drivers then it can help you to detect the storage media. In order to reinstall the drivers, you can follow the below steps:
- Go to My Computer and right click on it
- Now follow Manage and then Device Manager
- Double-click Disk Drives from the list
- Now right click on the name of the removable drive and then click OK
After performing these steps, you need to restart the system and then connect the camera’s memory card to the system so that you can access the stored videos.
Method #2: Run CHKDSK
In this method, you have to recover lost videos from camera memory card by using command prompt. Follow the steps below to do so:
- First of all, you need to connect the memory card through the card reader to the system
- Now press Win + R and then type cmd and then press Enter key
- Now in the command prompt window type: chkdsk E:/f and then hit Enter key
- Now type Y and then hit Enter key
- Now type E and then Enter key again
- After this type E:\>attrib –h –r –s /s /d *.* and then hit Enter key
- A folder that contains recovered videos and photos is created in the SD card. Now you can copy them and save at the desired location.
Common Mistakes of Data Loss
Data loss situation may occur anytime and without knowing anything. Mistakes are bound to happen and it can happen by any of us. Data loss scenarios happen to us and all have to face such emergencies and need to apply some quick method to avoid all such conditions. However many user make some common mistakes which needs to be avoided:
- No backup– If there is no backup available for data then loss of data is surely to appear. It is always instructed to make a backup of complete data and keep it in safe place so that if any corruption happens or the original data gets lost then the backup can help you to put the situation under control.
- Data deletion– While deleting the data like videos, photos and audios, it is always important to note that you have made a backup of that data and is no longer in use. If you have verified the data then delete the data which is must. But if you don’t have the proper backup then for recovery of data involves reinstallation of programs. If anyone neglect these situations then data loss situation may occur.
- Hardware issues– Hardware issues occur and due to this loss of data can happen and this results because of hosting system crash, due to power failure etc. So to decrease the risk of hardware failure, it is very important to keep your devices on protected environment and to use uninterrupted power supply.
- Antivirus– If your system has infected with virus then the data can be lost. This situation may occur when there is a failure to update the system with the latest antivirus software which may result data loss. If there is insufficient way to fix the latest threats then this infection can also pose the data loss.
- Natural disasters– This is one of the most causes of data loss which is uncontrollable. Therefore it becomes very important to decrease the risk of data loss by storing all the data under cloud storage device. In fact always be ready to backup your important data and keep them in safe place so that data can be protected.
Tips To Prevent Data Loss
There is no guarantee about the memory card, USB drive or hard drive as the data loss can happen anytime without any notification. Therefore it will be best to keep your data safe before it get lost by any mean. However, mentioned below are some of the tips to avoid data loss scenarios on any storage device.
- Backup your storage drive– While shooting an important event, it will be better that you use portable card reader or portable hard drive because this can backup all your data like videos, audios, images etc. In fact this process can be easy to backup the files to hard drive of your laptop or if you have a portable hard drive then it will be easy to backup all data.
- Buy reliable digital device– You should never buy memory card from an unknown manufacturers which is cheap. First you should know about the card that you are going to buy and select those companies which provide good product like Lexar or SanDisk. This can also help you to prevent your data from losing.
- After every use, format the drive in camera– It is seen that after making several backups of the data, user format memory card on computer which one should not do. Always format the memory card in camera otherwise the files will not be written to card by camera.
- Backup all data on separate drive while importing– You should always backup all files while importing by simply making a second copy on different hard drive. By doing this, it will create a duplicate copy of that particular file on separate drive if your primary drive fails.
- Dual memory slots– If the digital device like camera is having two memory slots then put two same cards and use backup mode with both especially at that time when it is important to shoot.
- Label the cards– Buy some sticky color labels from store and use them on those cards which are already used. Just make it a habit to put labels on every card that comes from your camera. This can help you from situation where you might reuse the same card accidentally and all your data will be lost. Hence this process can be helpful to avoid data loss.
After going through the above content of this blog, you might have noticed how you easily restore lost videos from camera with an ease. Also, you can know how you can keep your data safe and secure and avoid data loss situation. However, you can easily get back deleted videos from camera with the help of Digital Media Recovery tool.
With this tool, you can easily perform digital camera video recovery. Or you can also try reinstalling the drivers or restore lost videos from camera with the help of command prompt.
So, all you have to do to recover lost videos from camera is to make use of the methods mentioned in this blog and enjoy watching your saved videos with your family and friends.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.