Since you are reading this blog it means that you have lost your PNG files and now looking to recover corrupted PNG files. Well, if this is the case then you need not worry because here you will not get disappointed. In this blog, you will get to know what are PNG files, what causes PNG files deletion and of course how to recover deleted PNG images.
Well, without wasting any time, let me first answer your question on how to restore deleted PNG files. I would like to recommend you to use PNG File Recovery Tool.
To recover corrupted PNG files, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Try this Media File Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
How To Recover Deleted PNG Files?
As I have already mentioned that PNG Photo Recovery Tool is the best tool you can try for PNG photo recovery so just try it once. This tool is user-friendly, efficient and easy to use which will not only recover PNG photos but all types of photos, videos, and audio files.
I am recommending you so because this tool has the capability to:
- Rescue lost, deleted, erased, missing, formatted PNG photo files and other image files formats like JPEG, TIFF, GIF, BMP, PSD, RAW and more
- Retrieve PNG files deleted or lost due to virus infection, accidental deletion, formatting, etc
- Restore PNG files and other media files from various memory cards, HDD, USB drives, smartphones, tablets, digital cameras, thumb drive, memory stick, iPhone, External hard drive, etc
- Also, restore various video and audio files format
- Recovery software is compatible with both Mac and Windows operating system
- 100% risk-free, read-only program & user-friendly interface
So, I will strongly suggest you to download the PNG File Recovery Tool as it helps you to perform deleted PNG files recovery and any type of technical knowledge is not necessary.
Now, let’s have a look at the steps to recover corrupted PNG files……..
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
Other Alternatives To Recover Corrupted PNG Files
Solution #1: Recover Lost PNG Photos Using CMD Option
If your System is not recognizing or reading the external device then try running CMD command to get rid of this situation.
Follow the steps given below:
- Insert unreadable or unrecognized digital devices to the Windows computer.
- Press Windows key+ R at the same time.
- Then, in the search box type cmd and click Now, cmd.exe is executed.
- Type the given first command line “chkdsk /X /f H:” or “chkdsk H: /f”.
- Type Y to proceed with the command.
- Type the given drive letter to again go back to start.
- Type [ (the drive letter):\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.*]. This command will restore everything you lost from the digital devices.
Hopefully, now you can recover png files from digital devices. If you are unable to still do so then go through the next part given below.
Solution #2: Use Disk Management To Format SD Card/ Memory Card/ USB Flash Drive
Users always have a question about how to format the damaged digital devices and why photos becomes corrupted or unreadable on Windows or Mac.
Follow the given steps to format memory card/SD Card/USB flash drive/ pen drive
- Connect your damaged Sd card/ memory card/ USB flash drive/ pen drive to your Windows PC.
- Click Windows key -> right click on MY Computer
- Select “Manage”.
- Press on “Disk Management” which will be on the left side on the PC.
- Right-click on the digital device you are using
- Lastly, click the “Format” option.
- lastly, perform a quick format
Solution #3: Run “chkdsk” Command
Now, I am going to discuss another method for you to restore deleted PNG photos from digital devices. Sometimes, users face the error issue that their external digital device is unreadable to their PC/ laptop. Then, in this case, try running chkdsk command.
Follow the given steps below:
- Right-click on My Computer
- Then, select Manage
- Go to Disk Management
- Find your device in the external driver viewer.
- Check whether your digital is readable or not.
- If your external digital device is unreadable then run the chkdsk command prompt from Run.
- Click Windows+R key simultaneously to open run.
- Type cmd the Run command
- Click enter.
- CHKDSK Command will appear on your PC/ laptop screen.
- Type the given command chkdsk D:/f and click enter.
- If you want you can also try the chkdsk D:/f offlinescanandfix and hit enter.
Following the above-given step will make your external digital devices readable again and you can get back your erased PNG photos.
If your problem is still not resolved then try another method discussed below.
Solution #4: Recover Previous Version Of Files And Folders
Here I have discussed another alternative solution to recover deleted PNG photos in Windows 10/8/7.
Follow the given steps below:
- Right-click on the folder which contains your deleted files.
- Click on restore previous versions.
- A pop-up window will appear on the screen, select the tab “Previous Versions”
- It will direct you to the previous versions from File history or from restore points.
- On your screen, the list of older versions will appear. Select the file edition you want and Click on restore
In case “Restore Previous Version” will not appear on the screen then –
- Go to Control Panel
- Turn on System Management.
- Press -> System & Security -> System -> System Protection.
- On your screen, available devices with their corresponding protection will appear
- Choose a particular drive and press on the configure.
- Press “Restore system settings and previous versions of files”.
- At last, click “OK”.
What Are PNG Files?
PNG stands for ‘Portable Graphics Formats’ and is the most frequently used uncompressed raster image format available on the market. This lossless data compression format was actually created to replace the Graphics Interchange Format (GIF).
This image file format is an open format with no copyright limitations. Just like GIF images, PNG images also display transparent backgrounds. These files used to contain 24bit RGB color palettes and greyscale images.
This image file format was actually designed to transfer photos on the internet but with the PaintShop Pro, this image file can be applied with several editing effects.
Reasons For Unintentionally Deleted PNG Files
These below reasons can lead you to lose PNG files in no time:
- Deleting PNG image files from your PC or camera drives while deleting or previewing files
- PNG images may get inaccessible or lost because of improper removal of the external memory drive
- Somehow antivirus program also affects and lead to file deletion unknowingly from your system during scanning your drive
- Unfortunate formatting is another reason that leads to PNG file loss from your computer.
- During the creation of a number of partitions, your files become inaccessible due to an improper division of your hard drive.
- Incomplete file transfer is also a major cause behind file corruption and loss
Time To Conclude
I hope, now you guys have got a complete idea regarding how to recover corrupted PNG files. So, try these best and effective solutions to retrieve lost, deleted or corrupted PNG image file formats from media storage devices.
Although, the given solutions are so effective that anyone can use them easily to perform PNG recovery.
And, if the manuals seem difficult or not working then you can try the highly recommended mentioned tool PNG File Recovery Tool to recover deleted PNG photos even if you don’t have any technical knowledge.
Taposhi is an expert technical writer with 5+ years of experience. Her in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. She has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.