Well, I am sure that if you’re reading this article then you must be willing to know how to recover deleted FLV video files from storage devices. I would like to recommend you to go through this complete blog and know the perfect solution to restore inaccessible FLV Files.
And in this post, you will get complete information about FLV file format, what causes FLV video file deletion, and also how to recover FLV videos. But before all that, I would clearly like to suggest you use FLV Video Recovery Software using which you will be easily able to recover .flv files.
To recover missing or inaccessible FLV videos from memory card, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Media File Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
How To Recover Lost FLV Video Files?
No matter what the reasons behind your FLV loss and deletion are, but they can be retrieved until they are overwritten. In this case, you can use FLV File Recovery Software to recover deleted FLV video files with ease. This software is easy to use and is considered to be safe as compared to other solutions.
It not only recover FLV video file format but it is also capable to recover all other video file formats as well such as AVI, MOV, MPEG, MPG, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, RM, M4V, etc. Apart from video files, this recovery tool can also recover audio and image file formats. It can retrieve lost files from SD cards or other external storage devices as well.
I am recommending this tool because it will help you to:
- Retrieve deleted & formatted FLV video files from storage devices.
- Besides FLV files, this software also recover 3GP, AVCHD, MP4, AVI, XviD, MKV, M4V, MOV, WMV, VOB, MTS, and many more
- Recover files from corrupted SD cards, portable hard drives, external hard drives, digital video recorder, MP4 players, portable media players, digital cameras and camcorders, memory cards, USB drives, etc.
- Apart from video files, it also recovers audio and image file formats.
- Read-only program, 100% risk-free & easy to use.
- This software is available for both the Mac and Windows users
So, make use of FLV video recovery software by downloading it and following the step-by-step guide of this powerful data recovery tool.
More Alternative Solutions to Recover Deleted FLV Video Files
Solution #1: Retrieve Erased Data From Backup
Though the recognition of FLV videos is high, the chances of damage and delete are also high. Once it is recommended to create a regular and valid backup of your important FLV videos on storage devices like memory cards, portable hard disk, pen drives, etc.
So, it is always suggested to keep backup. You can easily get back all your important files from it.
Solution #2: Recover Deleted FLV Files From Recycle Bin Using Command Prompt
After the Recycle Bin folder becomes full, the system is used to delete the files to make some space for the fresh deleted data. But, remember that, those deleted files can be easily recovered until the Recycle Bin folder becomes empty.
To recover deleted FLV video files from Recycle Bin folder, you need to follow these steps:
- Type start shell: Recycle Bin Folder in the command prompt and then press Enter key.
- Now simply restore the file.
Solution #3: Recover FLV Files From External Storage Drive
Suppose if you have unintentionally deleted FLV videos from the storage drive like USB flash drive, memory stick, SD card, etc and want to recover them then follow these below steps:
- Firstly, press Windows + R keys together, and then in the search box, type CMD.
- Next, type chkdsk ‘drive letter’ /f in the command prompt and then hit the Enter key, as for example: C : \ USERS\ PROGRAM FILES\ chkdsk D : /f
Now, you have to type Y until the command lines start again.
Next, you are required to type the drive letter again and then press the Enter key.
After this, type [drive letter: \>attrib –h –r –s /s /d *.*]. Doing so will help you restore inaccessible FLV files that are stored in the storage drive.
Once these steps are done, a new folder will be created on the external storage drive with all the files that are recovered. The files will be in .chk format. You can then change the format and then save those files at the preferred location you want.
Know Something About FLV File Format
FLV Videos are one of the famous media file formats used to provide awesome video quality over the internet using Adobe Flash Player.
This video format is generally applicable for sharing purposes and is famously known as Flash video Files.
FLV Video files may be exported from the QuickTime Pro or other applications that can export to QuickTime file format.
However, losing .flv videos is a very common situation and this can be encountered by most of us. So if you are the one who is encountering the same pain of losing the best collection of FLV video files, then continue reading this blog to get the perfect solution to recover FLV videos.
What Causes FLV File Deletion?
Below are some of the major causes that can delete your .flv files:
- Accidental Format: It may happen that while deleting some of the selected photos, you by mistakenly format your Windows hard drive or storage drive
- Error while transferring: Unexpected system shutdown or connected drive removal while transferring videos to PC.
- Corruption of drive: corruption of hard disk or memory card due to a virus or other malware infection.
- Anti-Virus Program: The antivirus application installed in the PC may delete valuable files.
- Other Reasons: Software malfunction, physical problems with storage media, bad sectors, etc are other reasons.
What Are The Advantages Of FLV Videos?
Below are some of the advantages of FLV videos:
- It allows you to import or export a static video stream which also includes encoded.
- The other biggest advantage is that it can play inside a webpage with the use of popular flash browser plug-in.
- These files are usually very small and it can be easily downloaded.
- FLV file format can be used for multiple uses like online presentations, movies, banner, animation, etc.
Why Videos Sometimes Don’t Play Even After Recovering Them Successfully?
Sometimes it happens that there is incomplete recovery of files due to loss of sudden power shutdown or loss of internet connectivity and it leads to video corruption. Make it very clear that recovery tools do not repair corrupted FLV videos. So, if it ever happens then try the below-mentioned solution and make your FLV video accessible easily:
You can try to repair corrupted FLV videos using the VLC Media Player. To do so, follow the below steps:
- First of all, open your VLC Media Player and then go to Media
- Next, make sure that you opt for Convert or Save and then select your recovered video while using the option input files or stream option.
- After this, simply click on Convert or Save and then name the file of the video.
- Next, simply select the desired Codec from the shown list and then select the option ‘Edit Selected Profile’ and then start the process.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I Convert FLV To MP4?
Yes, you can convert your FLV file to MP4 video format by trying the below steps: 1. Launch the CloudConvert's program 2. Next, click on ‘Select File’ >> upload the FLV file. 3. After this, tap ‘Convert’ in order to begin converting an FLV file to MP4. 4. Now, click on a ‘Download’ option to download the video in a MP4 file format.
How Do I Recover Permanently Deleted Videos?
You can recover permanently deleted videos by using the best Video Recovery software.
What Programs Can Play FLV Files?
Following are the programs that can easily open FLV files with ease: Windows: 1. Adobe Flash Player 2. File Viewer Plus 3. Adobe Animate CC 2015 4. VideoLAN VLC Media Player 5. Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 6. Nullsoft Winamp 7. Media Player Classic Mac: 1. Adobe Animate CC 2015 2. Adobe Flash Player 3. Eltima Elmedia Player 4. RealNetworks RealPlayer Cloud 5. Apple QuickTime Player with Perian component 6. VideoLAN VLC media player Linux: 1. RealNetworks RealPlayer Cloud 2. VideoLAN VLC media player Android: 1. antvplayer Media Converter 2. BIT LABS Simple MP4 Video Player 3. J2 Interactive MX Player
Are FLV Files Smaller Than MP4?
No, FLV files are not smaller than MP4 video file. However, FLV video files are three to four times bigger than the Mp4 files.
Sometimes, it may happen that the saved FLV files get deleted due to some specific cause.
Therefore, to resolve this issue, here you can try all the above-provided methods to recover deleted FLV videos from Digital devices with ease.
I hope now you’ve got a complete idea regarding FLV Corrupt Video Recovery. So, download the FLV File Recovery Software right now and get back your essential data easily. Just try the recommended solution and enjoy watching videos with your friends and family.
Hopefully, you found this article helpful.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.