Picasa is the best and the most amazing photo editing and viewing tool introduced by Google. It offers great photo editing features and also helps users to organize, manage and share the pictures on Facebook, Flickr, Google account, etc.
The best thing about Picasa is that it searches every picture stored in your computer system. But what happens if you lose pictures from Picasa web albums? Well, if you ever lose photos from Picasa then it is the best place for you to know how to recover photos from Picasa.
To recover Picasa photos, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Try this Media File Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
- Best Recovery Tool To Recover Picasa Photos
- Other Alternatives To Recover Deleted Photos From Picasa
- What Causes Deletion Of Picasa Photos?
- Is It Possible To Recover Picasa Photos From Web Albums?
- How Do I Get My Old Picasa Photos Back?
- Where Are My Picasa Photos Stored?
Best Recovery Tool To Recover Picasa Photos
Picasa Photo Recovery Tool is the best photo recovery option that will help you to recover deleted photos from Picasa Web album.
It has a very simple and friendly graphical interface that doesn’t need the user to have the technical knowledge to operate it. Apart from recovering the deleted files, it can even recover other media files such as music files, video files, RAW images and audio files from your PC.
One of the best solutions to get back deleted or lost Picasa photos is to use Photo Recovery which is a perfect Picasa Photo Recovery Software.
With the help of this tool, you can:
- Restore formatted, deleted, erased or missing pictures from Picasa on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Retrieve deleted Picasa photos from computer hard drive, Mac trash, Windows PC recycle bin or backup folder on your computer.
- Also, recover various formats of photos, videos, and audio with ease.
- The software is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
- Also, recover media files from several media storage devices such as external hard drive, memory cards, hard drive, memory sticks, smartphones & tablets, pen drive, USB drives, etc.
- It is a read-only program and 100% risk-free & easy to use.
Here, you can go through the step by step guide to know how to recover photos from Picasa web album.
Steps To Recover Picasa Photos From Storage Device
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
Other Alternatives To Recover Deleted Photos From Picasa
#1: Recover Picasa Photos From Windows PC
Apart from using recovery tool, the other option you can use to recover deleted photos from Picasa using the Recycle Bin folder
Well, you can recover lost Picasa photos easily from Recycle bin or Trash. To do so, follow the below steps:
- First of all, open Recycle Bin on Windows Desktop.
- Next, find the deleted photos on Picasa via image thumbnail.
- Then, right-click the selected photos and choose the option “Restore”.
The photos you have selected for recovery will be restored to its original location where the Picasa photos actually saved, as for example, Picasa album.
#2: Recover Picasa Photos From Mac PC
If you are using Mac PC then you can try to recover deleted photos from Picasa using Trash Folder in Mac. To do so, you can follow the below steps:
- Firstly, open the Trash folder.
- Then, identify the deleted Picasa photos.
- Next, drag those deleted photos you want to recover to the location you want on Mac
#3: Recover Picasa Photos From Backup Option
You can also recover photos from backup option in Picasa. If you don’t know how to do so, then follow the below steps:
- First of all, you have to start the Picasa app on the Windows PC and then simply select the option ‘Import from Web Albums…’ from the File menu.
- Next, you can leave the ‘Import all albums not currently on this computer’ box checked and then click on the option ‘OK’ to begin the process to recover Picasa photos from backup.
Suppose, if there are lots of images stored in the Picasa web album account then you should wait for some time till the complete account is downloaded. Remember that Picasa won’t download any duplicate pictures from the system.
What Causes Deletion Of Picasa Photos?
There are several causes behind the deletion of Picasa photos. So, here the reasons behind:
- Clicking on Delete button accidentally
- Accidental deletion
- Delete Picasa images while removing other images
- Removing the pictures using Antivirus tool
- Sudden removal of storage device data while synchronizing photos to Picasa
Is It Possible To Recover Picasa Photos From Web Albums?
YES, there is 100% possibility to recover deleted photos from Picasa photos. I have already mentioned the best photo recovery tool, i.e., Picasa Photo Recovery Tool. This tool is the best option for you to recover Picasa photos in no time.
I have already mentioned a lot about this tool in the above section of this blog but I still would like to again mention that it is the best recovery tool. I am saying so because you cannot use this tool only in Windows PCs but also in Mac PCs as well.
So, if you ever erase the Picasa pictures accidentally or unintentionally then do not worry, just try this tool and get back all the photos in no time.
People Also Ask
How Do I Get My Old Picasa Photos Back?
You can get back deleted old Picasa photos easily using the given below steps:
- First of all, you have to make a right click on Recycle Bin to launch it.
- Next, you have to click View and then go to Details to show all details about the media files in the Recycle bin.
- After that, you can see a column that says ‘Date Deleted’ and then click once or twice on the column title until the arrow points down. This used to sort the items in the recycle bin so the most recent items are the top.
- Now, you can look at the Names in the left column and find the Folders or Photos deleted that want to restore.
- If you deleted Folders then you will see just the folder name, but when it is restored the photos inside will be restored as well.
- Now, right-click on the Folders you wish to restore and then select Restore. After this, the Folder will appear in Picasa again.
- After this, you can right click and then simply Restore the Picasa Photos and you want to restore.
- Next, you can view the Photos as thumbnails just to select which photos you want to restore. After this, go to the View Menu and then simply select ‘Large icons’ just to see them as Thumbnails. Now, in Windows XP click and then View and then go to Thumbnails.
Where Are My Picasa Photos Stored?
Generally, Picasa saves the files in three different locations. They are the photos files themselves, the Picasa database and in .picasa.ini files. Now let’s take a look in detail:
#1: In Photos Files: If a user wants to know how to put the photos in the photo files then Picasa will put it there easily. In it believed that this way the data cannot get deleted or lost and you can easily reuse the data in other applications that used to support standards also. As for example; keywords. Geotags, the caption of the image, date taken, name tags, etc
#2: In Picasa Database: The Picasa database is actually a redundant copy of the information but they are stored in files that are optimized to enable the fast searching. The Picasa database is generally created in the user profile so that every user can get copy of its own.
#3: In .picasa.ini Files: Suppose if there is not a standardized method to store the picture in the .jpg the Picasa will automatically put it in a hidden .picasa.ini file.
Time To Verdict
Well, no matter whatever the reason may responsible for the deletion of Picasa photos. After reading this blog, you can easily recover photos from Picasa web albums.
I hope, the given solution on how to recover Picasa photos is very efficient and easy to use for several people.
So, try the effective Picasa Photo Recovery Software to recover lost or deleted Picasa Photos from a computer system with ease.
Or, apart from this, you can also try to recover Picasa photos using the Recycle Bin folder and Trash Bin folder from Windows and Mac respectively. Also, you can try backup option to recover deleted photos from Picasa web albums.
Taposhi is an expert technical writer with 5+ years of experience. Her in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. She has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.