Get Best Dead Seagate External Hard Drive Data Recovery To Retrieve Data From Dead/Crashed/Failed Seagate Hard Drive!
Summary: In this article you will know about reliable dead Seagate external hard drive data recovery software as well as you will learn few effective solutions that will help you to repair/fix dead Seagate external hard drive that becomes dead, inaccessible, undetectable, not working, crashed without losing data.
Tip: One of the best ways to recover data from dead Seagate external hard drive is to use Photo Recovery which is popular and perfect Seagate External Hard Drive Data Recovery Tool.
With the use of Photo Recovery, you can:
- Efficiently perform data recovery from dead Seagate external hard drive.
- Extract files such as photos, videos and audio files of various formats from dead internal & external hard drive.
- Also restore digital media files from other storage devices such as dead SD card, pen drive, memory stick, USB flash drive, etc.
- Support all models of Seagate external hard drive as well as other brands hard drive such as Toshiba, Samsung, WD Passport, Lacie, Adata, eSATA, Hitachi, Thunderbolt, Firewire, etc.
- 100% read-only. Safe, secure and easy to use.
Free Download Dead Seagate External Hard Drive
Lost data from dead Seagate external hard drive?
Dead Seagate External Hard Drive
I have a dead Seagate external hard drive 3TB, and by the looks of it this issue isn’t new but this hard drive will not power on at all. I’ve tried different power supplies with the same power levels input/output etc to be sure I didn’t give it too much juice; I’ve even taken it out of the case and plugged it into a USB casing, 3 different cases actually, and no luck…which I know they worked cause I have an extra internal hard drive I tested as well and it had no issues. I used it once to back-up everything and now it shows no signs of life, no sounds/noises, no lights, doesn’t feel like anything is spinning. I would appreciate any help or tips! Thank you!
I was going to go ahead and replace the spindle, but I wanted some feedback before doing anything major, since it doesn’t make any noises, etc. Thanks again!
Update: The model: It’s a Desktop HDD, to be specific.
– Original Post From Tom’s Hardware Forums
Similarly there are many users out there encountering similar issues with their external hard drive. There could be various causes that can make your Seagate external hard drive completely dead.
Below learn about few symptoms that Seagate external start to show before it gets completely dead.
Additional Reading: How to Fix “Seagate External Hard Drive Not Recognized” Without Losing Data
Symptoms That Seagate External Hard Drive Start To Show Before It Gets Dead
- Irregular Noise: Generally Seagate external hard drive makes slight noise while accessing files from it. But when something is wrong in it, then it starts to produce irregular noise that becomes louder, faster and sometimes drive may stop working completely.
- Unknown And Unexpected File System Errors: If your Seagate external hard drive started to show up error messages related to file system during drive usage which shows that files does not exist or got corrupted. And if such errors started to occur frequently and without any reasons, then it means that your drive is going to die in coming future.
- Strange Behavior: If your Seagate external hard drive has started to behave strangely all of a sudden and it is taking more time to load files, then it means that your drive is about to fail, crash or dead.
When you see such symptoms, you must immediately keep a backup of your important data to some other location of your Seagate external hard drive.
Additional Reading: Hard Drive Shows 0 Bytes With No Files/Folders? Here’s How To Fix It!
Can Data Be Recovered From A Dead Seagate External Hard Drive?
The short answer is “Yes”, until and unless data stored within the drive does not gets overwritten.
Let me tell you that a dying external hard drive may be repairable but you must act fast, if you do not want to lose your stored data.
But in case, if your Seagate external hard drive died already and you lost the access to your important data stored within it, then – how do you recover inaccessible data or files from dead Seagate external hard drive?
Well, in such situation the best way to get back data from dead Seagate external hard disk is to use appropriate hard drive data recovery software.
Below, find out the best hard drive data recovery software!
How To Recover Data From Dead Seagate External Hard Drive
One of the best hard drive data recovery software is Photo Recovery which is powerful and appropriate Dead Seagate External Hard Drive Data Recovery Software that recovers inaccessible digital media files such as photos, videos and audio files from dead Seagate external hard drive.
The best thing about this dead/crashed Seagate external hard drive data recovery software is that it is available for both Windows and Mac computer.
This Seagate External Hard Disk Data Recovery Tool has the potential to extract data from drive formatted with FAT32, FAT16, NTFS5 and exFAT file system. It also retrieve digital media files from all types of external hard drives, memory cards, pen drive, USB flash drives, computer internal as well external hard disk and other removable media storage devices.
Below follow the steps to recover media files from dead Seagate external hard drive by using Photo Recovery software.
Note: Make sure that your dead Seagate external hard drive is not physically broken or damaged. If is it so, then your computer may not able to detect your hard drive. But trying software to recover data from dead hard drive does not cost anything extra. So, its worthy trying.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- [Fixed]: “Windows was Unable to Complete the Format” Error on USB, Memory Card & Hard Drive
- [Solved]: How to Fix External Hard Drive Not Formatted Error
- 2 Best Ways to Recover Photos From Crashed Hard Drive on Windows/Mac
- [Solved]: USB Drive Error “Please Insert A Disk Into Removable Disk”
Steps To Recover Data From Dead Seagate External Hard Drive
Step 1 – Install "Photo Recovery" software and launch it on your computer. Click on "Recover Photo, Audio & Video" tab to recover photos, videos and audio files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. All the hard drive and external media will be shown in the list. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on "Scan" button.
Step 3 – Once you click on "Scan" button the software will show that scanning is in progress. The software will search for all multimedia files from your selected drive or attached media.
Step 4 – After scanning, all the files that are found in the selected volume, hard disk or other storage media devices are listed. You can now select the files to preview them and then you can click on "Recover" button to finally save them on your computer.
Additional Reading: Learn To Fix/Remove “Read Only” Error of USB, SD Card & Hard Drive
After you successfully, you recover your important data from your dead Seagate hard drive, it’s time to learn some solutions that can help you to fix/repair your dead Seagate external hard drive so that you re-use it without any problem.
Solution 1: Connect Your Seagate External Hard Drive To Another USB Port/Computer
When you find that your external Seagate hard drive is dead or it is not recognized or detected by computer, then you can try to connect your hard drive to other USB port of your computer or new computer to check whether it’s really dead or not.
Solution 2: Force Dead Seagate External Hard Drive To Show Up In Disk Management
If your dead Seagate hard drive fails to respond or show up in PC, then you can follow below-steps to fix and repair dead external hard drive:
- Connect your dead Seagate external hard drive to your Windows PC.
- Go to Control Panel >Administration > Computer Administration.
- Go to Storage > Disk Management.
- Right-click on your dead external hard drive and click on “Change Drive Letter and Path…”
- Assign a new drive letter name that doesn’t exist on your PC and mark the Partition as “Active”.
- Click “OK”.
Restart your PC and check whether your external Seagate external hard drive shows up in “This PC/My Computer” and you see if you can access the files stored within it.
Additional Reading: Learn To Fix/Remove/Format “Write Protected” USB Drive
Solution 3: Format Your Dead Seagate External Hard Drive To NTFS (Reusable)
Formatting the hard drive will erase all data stored within it. So, it is highly recommended that you must recover your important data from the drive. In order to recover pictures, movies, music and other videos and audio files from dead Seagate external hard disk, you must try Photo recovery software that is already mentioned-above.
You can then move ahead to format your dead Seagate external hard drive to re-use it again.
Here follow the steps:
- Connect your dead Seagate hard drive to PC.
- Right-click on “This PC/My Computer” and click on ‘Manage”.
- Go to Disk Management tooland right-click on external hard drive that you want to format.
- Select “Format Volume” to format whole disk.
- You can select the file system of your storage device to NTFS or FAT32.
- Click “OK”.
After going through the article, I hope you have got the best solution to perform data recovery from dead Seagate external hard drive by using Photo Recovery software. Also you have learned few effective solutions to fix dead Seagate external hard drive to make it re-usable again.