Free Download Perfect SD Card Data Recovery To Restore Encrypted Photos From SD Memory Cards.
The appropriate SD card data recovery software is Photo Recovery and with the help of this software, one can easily:
- Rescue photos, videos as well audio files from any encrypted SD card
- Get back encrypted media files from several make and model of SD card such as SanDisk, Transcend, Sony, Samsung, Kingston, Strontium, Lexar, etc
- Retrieve media files from encrypted SD, MicroSD, miniSD, MMC, SDHC, SDXC, digital cameras, memory stick, pen drive and other external storage device
- Preview recoverable files within the software before saving it on your system
- 100% read only program, safe, secure & easy to use
Effectively Restore Photos From Encrypted SD Cards
What Encryption Does to Your Files?
Encryption is a process that transforms the data into unreadable form. It converts the files into a code in such a way that only a authorize person can access it those who have right code or password. The idea of encryption looks very good. When you encrypt files, it simply alters the data instead of just hiding it.
Additional Reading: [Solved]: How To Recover Hidden Media Files In Memory Card
These days many hard drives, solid state drives and smartphones are self-encrypting devices (SED), it means that these devices have a controller chip that encrypts and decrypts the device’s data automatically.
But the main disadvantage of SEDs is that there is no decryption solution. If the self-encrypting device gets physically damaged then data is lost.
Here is Real Example How User Lose Photos from Encrypted SD Card:
I have a Motorola MotoG3 and yesterday I conducted a factory reset to try to fix some dialing out issues. Before conducting the reset I removed the sd card as it had all my photos and videos on it and I didn’t want to lose them. I wasn’t aware but the SD card was setup as internal memory and was encrypted. After the factory reset I reinstalled the sd card and the phone states unsupported sd card and ask me to reformat my PC does the same. There are some really important photo’s and video’s on this card is there anyway to get them back?
– Example Source From Android Central Forum
It has become very easy to encrypt files on SD card in order to restrict unauthorized access of data by unknown person. There are lots of applications available out there that can help you to encrypt your pictures, videos stored on your card and you can decrypt and access the files with password.
In above mentioned example there is no problem with the encryption or decryption of SD card. The problem is that user has performed the factory reset before decrypting files stored on the card. After this you will not be able to access the card and files stored within it.
In order to re-use the encrypted card you have to format it. Though formatting will make it accessible but erase all its encrypted data.
Additional Reading: How to Recover Photos from Formatted Memory Card
Other Common Causes for Data Loss on SD Memory Cards
- Corruption to the file system on SD card can make the files inaccessible saved within it. File system corruption can occur due to virus/malware infection.
- Constantly using the same card on different gadgets such as smartphones, digital camera, camcorder, laptop or mp3 player will logically corrupt memory card
- Interruptions while transferring data from card to any other storage devices can result in the loss of encrypted files. The interruption can occur due to lose cable connection, abrupt removal of card, etc
- Format errors when you try to access SD card on laptop/PC can cause inaccessibility of encrypted files stored on the card
- Accidental deletion of encrypted data while you delete unwanted files.
- Formatting the card knowingly or unknowingly will erase all data stored within it, including encrypted data
If you are having any of the above mentioned situations and lost your encrypted files from the SD card, then you start to look for a solution on how to get back encrypted files from the memory card.
Fortunately, there is suitable solution is available through which you can easily retrieve encrypted files from SD card and the solution is Photo Recovery software.
Additional Reading: Dead SD Card Data Recovery & Tips to Fix Dead SD Card
How to Retrieve Encrypted SD Card Files?
With the help of Photo Recovery software, one can easily rescue inaccessible or unreadable photos, videos as well as audio files from encrypted SD card and from other external storage devices such as mobile devices, digital cameras and camcorders, USB memory sticks, memory cards, etc. Also recover media files from encrypted SD card after Android factory reset.
The software supports all models and all brands of memory cards such as SD card, miniSD, MicroSD, SDHC, miniSDHC, microSDHC, SDXC, miniSDXC, microSDXC, MMC, CF, SmartMedia, xD-Picture card, etc of SanDisk, Transcend, Strontium, Kingston, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, HP, Lexar, etc.
Additional Reading: Recover Photos/Videos from Overwritten Micro SD Card
Steps to Recover Photos, Videos and Audio from Encrypted SD Card
Step 1 – Install “Digital Media Recovery’ tool and launch it. Click on “Recover Photo, Audio & Video” tab to recover images, songs and videos files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. The external media will be shown in the list, if not then click on “Refresh Drive” button. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on “Scan Now”. If you want to customize the recovery on the basis of file types then click on “Advance Scan”.
Step 3 – In the Advanced Scan you will have the option to scan as per to the file list, such as Photo, Video and audio or you can also select the data range from the storage device. This option reduces the scanning process time.
Step 4 – Once you click on “Scan Now” button the software will show that scanning is in process. The recovered files listed in a tree structure on the left side of the window panel.
Step 5 – After scanning, you can select the files to preview them and then you can click on “Recover” button to finally save them on your computer.
Step 6 – Select the desired location on your computer to save the recovered files. The screenshot shows that the recovered files are being saved.
- While you perform recovery process, make sure that process is not interrupted by any means or else you will not have successful recovery.
- While saving the recovered files, select another destination path or another storage location to save the recovered files and avoid saving of recovered to the same encrypted SD card.
Additional Reading: 5 Tips for Maintaining your Memory Card
Tips To Remember
- Always take frequent backup of your memory card
- Make a key file and save it in a secure location
- Keep the record of all username and passwords in a secure location
- Make use of encryption application, instead of using self-encrypting devices
- Make sure to take complete backup of SD card before you proceed further to format, factory reset or upgrading the smartphone or other media storage devices
- Do not use the same card on multiple devices
If you follow the above mentioned tips, then you can help yourself to avoid losing your data.