Summary: Have you lost or accidentally deleted recordings on DirecTV hard drive? Looking for an effective solution to recover deleted TV shows or movies recordings from DirecTV hard drive? Don’t worry, in this particular post you will learn the best solutions to recover deleted recordings on DirecTV Hard Drive with ease.
One of the best ways to recover deleted DVR recordings from DirecTV hard drive is to use Video Recovery which is suitable DirecTV Recordings Recovery software.
With the help of Video recovery software, you can:
- Effectively recover deleted or lost recordings, TV shows, movies, TV series on DirecTV Hard Drive.
- Recover deleted recordings, TV Shows, Movies and other video files from DirecTV Genie receiver, HD DVR receiver, Genie Mini, DirecTV HR24, Genie HD DVR HR44, etc.
- Preview recoverable files within preview screen of the software before final recovery.
- 100% read-only. Safe, secure and easy to use.
Free Download DirecTV DVR Recordings Recovery Tool
Let’s start with real user’s practical scenario!
Practical Scenario: A User Accidentally Deleted DVR Recording From DirecTV
Recovering a deleted DVR recording
Is there a way to recover a deleted DirecTV DVR recording? This menu change (we’ve just experienced it this weekend) causing part of the screen to be blocked, and we accidentally deleted an ENTIRE set of recordings instead of just one episode.
– Original Post From AT&T Community Forums
In the same way there are various users out there encountering with the loss or deletion of DirecTV recordings from hard drive or from any other data storage devices.
There could be several causes and reasons for the loss or deletion of DirecTV recordings from hard drive.
Additional Reading: How To Recover Deleted Recordings Files or TV Shows From PVR
Causes For The Loss or Deletion of DirecTV Recordings
- Accidental Deletion: Mistakenly or accidentally deletion has become one of the major problems for the deletion of recordings on DirecTV.
- Formatting: When you format the hard drive or external hard drive containing DirecTV recordings, TV shows or other files, then you will lose all data from the hard drive.
- Virus Attack: This is another headache for the user. If your hard drive gets infected by virus/malware, then it may easily corrupt all files stored in your hard drive, including DirecTV DVR Recordings.
- Other Causes: Other causes can be hard drive failure, crash, dead, damaged, etc.
In any of the above-mentioned causes you may face DirecTV recordings loss.
Additional Reading: CCTV/DVR Recovery: Recover Lost/Deleted CCTV And DVR Videos
So, now the question is – how do you recover deleted DVR recordings?
Let’s find out the solutions below!
The answer is that deleted or lost DirecTV DVR recordings and TV shows can be restored with ease.
First of all let me tell you that both DVR and DirecTV works in different way when compared to Dish. DVR and DirecTV do not have “Recycle Bin” folder that allow users a chance of 48 hrs to restore deleted contents.
So, now the question is – how to recover deleted or lost DirecTV videos, TV shows, recordings after you deleted them on your hard drive?
If your DirecTV DVR runs on the TiVo software then you can easily restore the deleted shows and recordings because those deleted recording and events are stored in its history.
But, if you have deleted the recordings and events from the history, even then also you can easily recover DirecTV shows and recordings from hard drive by using third party Video Recovery software.
So, let’s find out the solutions to recover deleted DirecTV recordings.
Additional Reading: How To Recover Data From Crashed, Failed, Dead SSD Drive
Solution 1: Recover Deleted DirecTV DVR Recordings From TIVO Software
If your DirecTV DVR runs on TiVo software, then you are lucky. You can restore deleted shows and recordings on DirecTV from “Recently Deleted” folder by following the below steps:
TIVO Software With SD
- On your Remote press “Tivo Central” button.
- Select “Now Playing List” and then select “Recently Deleted”.
- Move the cursor and highlight the program that you want to restore and then press “Select”.
- On the “Deleted Program” screen, highlight “Recover” and click “OK”.
- On the “Recovery Complete” screen, simply select either “Keep until I delete”, “Keep through” or “Don’t change date”.
- Finally, press “Tivo Central” button. The restored recordings will now be available in the “Now Playing” list.
TIVO Software With HD
- On your Remote press “Tivo Central” button.
- Select “My Shows” and then select “Recently Deleted”.
- With the help of remote, highlight the program that you want to restore and press “Select”.
- On the “Deleted Program” screen, select “Recover” and click “OK”.
- The restored recordings will now be available in the “My Shows” list.
Additional Reading: How To Recover Game Files From Nintendo Switch SD Card
Solution 2: Recover Deleted Recordings From DirecTV Hard Drive By Using Video Recovery Software
If you have accidentally deleted or lost your DirecTV DVR recordings from hard drive and if you are not using TIVO software or do not have backup of your recordings, the in such case, it is highly recommended that you must use Video Recovery which is reliable and widely used DirecTV Recordings Recovery software. It will help you to recover deleted, lost, erased, formatted, disappeared or missing DVR recordings, TV shows, movies, sports game recordings and other several recordings from hard drive.
For example – a Genie HD DVR has internal hard drive that saves lots of recordings, TV shows and videos. The video recovery software will help you to recover recordings as long as you can take out the hard drive and connect it to your computer for recovery.
The best part about this DirecTV DVR Recordings Recovery is that it is available for both Windows and Mac computer.
Support All Brands and Models of DirecTV DVR: DirecTV Genie receiver, HD DVR receiver, Genie Mini, DirecTV HR24, Genie HD DVR HR44, etc.
Note: Stop using your hard drive after the loss/deletion of recordings and do not add any new data on it. Because adding new data or recordings will overwrite the existing data and hence you may lose the chance of recovery.
Below follow the step-by-step guide on how to recover deleted DVR DirecTV recordings, TV shows, movies and videos from hard drive by using Video Recovery software.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- H264 Recovery Software To Recover Deleted H.264 Video Files
- How To Repair Corrupt, Damaged or Broken DJI Video Files
- Spy Pen Data Recovery: Recover Deleted/Lost Videos, Audio & Photos From Spy Pen Cameras
- Complete Steps To Fix ‘USB Drive Detected But Not Accessible’ Issue
- How To Recover Files From USB Drive Without Formatting It?
Steps To Recover Deleted Recordings From DirecTV Hard Drive
Step 1 – Install "Photo Recovery" software and launch it on your computer. Click on "Recover Photo, Audio & Video" tab to recover photos, videos and audio files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. All the hard drive and external media will be shown in the list. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on "Scan" button.
Step 3 – Once you click on "Scan" button the software will show that scanning is in progress. The software will search for all multimedia files from your selected drive or attached media.
Step 4 – After scanning, all the files that are found in the selected volume, hard disk or other storage media devices are listed. You can now select the files to preview them and then you can click on "Recover" button to finally save them on your computer.
So, after going through this article, I hope you have got the best DirecTV DVR Recordings Recovery solutions. If you are using TiVo software then you can follow solution 1 and if you do not use TiVo software, then it is highly recommended that you must try Video Recovery software mentioned in solution 2.