To recover deleted ASF video files, you can try some of the proven solutions mentioned in this blog. If you have previously kept a backup of your .asf video files then you can restore from there. But, if you don’t have a backup, you can go with the powerful ASF File Recovery Tool.
Read further to know more about ASF video files and how to restore corrupted ASF files in detail…
To recover deleted ASF video files, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
Can Deleted ASF Videos Be Recovered?
Yes, the deleted ASF videos can be recovered by using the Video Recovery Software. But those lost video files can be restored until and unless they are not overwritten by new stuff.
So, when you notice that your video files get deleted, first of all, stop adding new data on your storage media. Doing so will increase the chances of ASF video recovery by using the aforesaid program.
What Is ASF File?
Well, as we know that ASF (Advanced Streaming Format) developed by Microsoft Corporation is a video file format like AVI that contains media files like sound, graphics, video, and animation.
This type of file format can be stored in any data storage device. But there are several circumstances or situations where you may face loss or deletion of ASF videos are mentioned below.
Reasons For Deletion Of ASF Video Files
There could be several reasons for the deletion or corruption of ASF video files. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Accidentally deleting ASF videos from JVC camcorder or from any other external storage media devices.
- Corruption of memory card file system leaves the entire.asf video files in an unreadable state
- Antivirus scanning the card containing ASF videos can delete some of the ASF files if they are infected.
- Abrupt system shutdown, power outages or disconnecting memory card during the transfer of photos from Nikon camera to computer will bring about loss of NEF files
- Formatting the card containing ASF files by clicking on “Format” card option from the camera
- Memory card pops up error messages like “card error”, “card is full” “Drive not formatted; do you want to format it now?” etc can lead to inaccessibility or loss of files, including ASF video files.
Best & Professional ASF File Recovery Software
As I have already recommended you to use ASF File Recovery Tool which is suitable software for recovering deleted ASF files Mac as well as on Windows from system hard drive as well as from other data storage devices.
Besides ASF file recovery, it can also restore other image and audio file formats as well. The free trial version of the software allows users to preview recoverable ASF files within the software before the final recovery.
Well, I am recommending you to use the tool because it will help you to:
- Restore deleted, lost, erased, missing, formatted, corrupted ASF video files
- Besides ASF videos, the software also restores other video file formats like AVI, MPEG, MOD, ASF, MOV, 3GP, VOB, MTS, MP4, TS, etc
- Apart from the video file format, it also retrieves various photos and audio file format
- Support media file recovery from computer hard drive, mobile devices (smartphones and tablets), digital camera or camcorder, Memory card (MicroSD card, SD mini, SDHC, SDXC), USB drives, etc
- The software is available for both Mac and Windows users
- Read-only program, 100% risk-free & easy to use.
Well, in order to recover .asf video files, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
How To Recover Corrupted ASF Files With Other Alternatives?
Solution 1: Restore Via Backup Option
As we are always recommending our users to keep a backup of their essential media files. Well, recovery using backup is the first option for every user who comes across this issue.
Thus, if you have a backup of lost ASF files that have been deleted due to some reason then they can be restored from backup with ease.
If you don’t have backups, then you can try the next solution.
Solution 2: Keep Your PC Virus-Free
Most of the times, you may have noticed that your system has been corrupted due to a virus infection then it can damage or make your ASF video files inaccessible.
In such a case, it’s necessary to make your system virus-free. To do so, you need good anti-virus software that will let you recover large video files easily.
Solution 3: Restore Hidden ASF files
Sometimes it happens, ASF video files get hidden when virus/malware infects data storage devices in which you have saved .asf files. The virus may hide your files. So, below find out the steps on how to recover hidden .asf video files:
- Connect data storage devices to PC.
- Open Windows Explorer. Go to Tools > Folder Options > Go to View
- Now check “show hidden files, folders and drives” and uncheck the option “Hide protected operating system files” and finally click on OK to save all the changes made.
Tips To Remember
- Always keep a backup of your important ASF files on another data storage device to deal with ASF file deletion or loss situations.
- While deleting unwanted ASF files, please check twice that you do need those ASF files back again.
- While transferring ASF videos to any other data storage devices, make sure that there is no interruption.
People Also Ask
Can I Recover Overwritten Video Files?
Well, it is really difficult to answer this question. If you have taken a backup of your video files on another storage media or computer then you can recover overwritten video files from there. Though, there is no any third-party software that can help you to restore your overwritten files.
How Do I Convert ASF To MP4 For Free?
You can easily convert your ASF audio file to MP4 video format with the help of VLC player. Here is how you can do so: • Launch VLC media player and then tap on Media • In the second step, you need to click on the Convert/Save. • At this time, click the ‘Add’ option & browse your system and add the ASF video file you wish to convert. • Finally, tap on the ‘Convert’ option. The conversion process will now begin.
Does VLC support ASF files?
The answer to this question is ‘Yes. VLC player is a widely used audio and video player which supports almost all types of audio/video formats including ASF video file.
Losing the ASF video files from digital devices is quite a disappointing situation. It is obvious that those lost videos would be so important for you, that you want to recover ASF video files.
Sometimes, it may happen that ASF files can damage/corrupt due to various reasons, and it can lead to a result of ASF video loss. So, to avoid this situation, it is better to keep a backup of all your important ASF videos somewhere on digital devices.
And if you don’t have any backup then you can try ASF File Recovery Tool to recover ASF video files from any external storage device.
Hopefully, you have found this blog helpful.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.