Have you accidentally lost or deleted your M4A audio files from your mobile phones and tablets, memory card, hard drive, external hard drive, USB flash drive? Looking for ways to restore lost or deleted M4A audio files from any media storage device? If yes then do not worry, because here in this blog, you will know what is M4A audio file and, its causes of deletion and of course how to recover deleted .m4a files?
Here, I would like to mention a straight forward answer to the question of how to retrieve deleted M4A audio files. Yes, with the help of M4A File Recovery Tool, you will be easily able to restore lost M4A audio files.
To recover deleted M4V files, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Try this Media File Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
Before knowing the user guide to recover deleted .m4a files, I would like to share a scenario that actually inspired me to write a blog on this topic.
I successfully recovered mp3 files using photorec.
There are also some m4a files I lost and wish recover, but I can not find the m4a file extention in [File Opt]…
Thanks in advance.
What is M4A Audio File?
M4A file is an audio file format also known as Apple Lossless Encoder is just similar to MP4 files. The only difference between them is that M4A files do not contain any video inside. This audio file format is very popular and it is used in Windows and Mac computer and various music players. But users encounter M4A files loss due to various reasons. Some of the common reasons are mentioned below.
Causes Of M4A Audio Files Deletion
There are several reasons through which users lose their important M4A audio files from several data storage devices such as memory cards, hard drives, portable hard drives, etc. Below find out some of the reasons mentioned below:
- Accidental Deletion – While deleting unwanted files that are not important and by mistakenly you deleted the important M4A audio files and this may happen frequently and this may result in data loss. Also, if you delete a user account in your Windows computer, even then also you will encounter M4A file loss.
- Abrupt Removal – While M4A files are being transferred and in between if there is any interruption or ejection of the device then eventually it can lead to file deletion from the device.
- Formatting – Data loss situation may appear when you format memory card due to any issue. By selecting the option “format” when the device is connected to a computer also clean the device and the entire data gets deleted, including your M4A files.
- Virus/Malware Infection – If once the virus enters into the data storage devices in which you have stored the M4A audio files, then it’s obvious that it will affect the entire data present on it, including M4A files. Normally it happens when any external infected device is connected to the computer system.
- Other Reasons – Even using the storage device when it is full or receiving error in the file system conversion can also result in loss of audio files and other files.
How To Recover Deleted M4A Audio Files?
Well, I have already mentioned that using M4A File Recovery Tool is the best option to recover deleted .m4a audio file so you should just try it once. Apart from M4A files, this tool also allows users to retrieve other audio files (MP3, AMR, MIDI, WAV, etc) as well photos (JPEG, RAW, PNG, GIF, etc) and video files (MP4, AVI, DIVX, MOV, etc).
With the help of this M4A audio file recovery software, one can get back formatted, corrupted, deleted M4A files and other digital media files from memory cards, hard drive, portable hard drive and other media storage devices. It has the capability to retrieve files from FAT32, FAT16, ReFS, NTFS5, NTFS and ExFAT Windows hard drive partitions.
This audio recovery tool is very efficient to recover lost or deleted M4A audio files. With the help of this tool, you will be able to:
- Easily rescue deleted, formatted, lost, missing M4A audio files
- Beside M4A files the software also restores various other audio files such as FLAC, MP3, AAC, AC3, OGG, etc and various kind of photos and video files
- Restore M4A files deleted or lost due to accidental deletion, formatting, virus infection, etc
- Restore M4A audio and other media files from memory cards, hard drive, pen drive, USB drive, digital camera and other media storage devices
- The recovery software is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS
- 100% risk-free, read-only program & easy to use.
So, let’s have a look at the steps to recover deleted or lost M4A audio files…
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
Other Alternatives To Restore Lost Or Deleted M4A Audio Files
Solution #1: Restore Lost M4A Files From Recycle Bin
If you accidentally simply deleted your precious M4A audio file then do not worry you can simply go to your Recycle Bin folder. This is because accidentally deleted files directly go to the Recycle Bin folder if you have not pressed Shift + Delete option.
So, just go to the Recycle Bin folder and then find your lost file there and make a right-click there and select the option ‘Restore’ from there. Doing so will automatically add your lost files to the destination where it resided the last time.
Solution #2: Recover Deleted M4A Audio File From Backup Folder
Generally, it is always suggested to keep a backup of your important files that you don’t ever want to lose. However, if you take backup on a regular basis then there is a great chance that the deleted file can be easily restored from the Backup folder itself. So, start taking backup from now onwards if not taken yet ever to avoid further recovery using any other option.
Well, losing any kind of important file from your storage device is quite irritating but what to do if it becomes inaccessible or deleted unintentionally. But now there is nothing to worry about because using M4A File Recovery Tool, you will be easily able to restore lost M4A audio files from storage devices.
I am sure that this will definitely help you out. However, you can also try another two option which is to restore lost .m4a files from backup and Recycle Bin folder. So, now it’s up to you….all the very best to you.
If you have found this post helpful and useful, then please do not forget to share it.
Taposhi is an expert technical writer with 5+ years of experience. Her in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. She has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.