Are you looking to recover lost or deleted MTS video files from computer hard drive, external hard drive, SD card, and other media storage devices? Just Relax! This page offers the best solutions to do MTS video file recovery that will help you to recover lost or deleted videos files with ease.
Here in this article, you will get a complete guide about MTS file recovery, but before discussing further, I would like to state that using MTS File Recovery Tool is the best option. Yes, you can easily recover MTS video files that have been deleted unintentionally.
To recover MTS video files, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Media File Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
How To Recover Deleted MTS Files?
I have already mentioned very clearly that using MTS Video File Recovery Software, you will be easily able to recover deleted MTS files. This software will help you to easily recover deleted or lost MTS/M2TS videos files in just few mouse clicks.
So, I think first to try it and see the results. I am damn sure that it will not let you down. This recovery tool is one of the best solutions you can try as it guarantees the MTS video file recovery though other solutions may let you down.
This video recovery tool also helps you to:
- Recover lost/deleted MTS video files from different brands of cameras like Sony, JVC, Panasonic, Canon, Nikon, and many more.
- Restore various file formats of video files such as AVCHD MTS, M2TS, AVI, MOV, MPEG, MPG, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, RM, M4V, and many others.
- Retrieve deleted video files from various other storage media like memory stick, flash drive, MP3 players, hard disks, external hard drives and many more.
- Apart from video files, this is also capable of recovering various file formats of audio files, photos, RAW photos.
- Compatible with both Windows as well as Mac OS and integrated with a user-friendly interface.
So, download MTS File Recovery Tool and within few simple clicks of mouse, recover MTS video files. It also offers a free trial version and lets you download it to try prior before buying it.
So no need to sit and search for a long time. It’s highly recommended to use MTS recovery tool without wasting more time and that did not need any technical knowledge or issues to use to retrieve MTS Video files easily. So just have a try!
Now, let’s have a look at the steps to recover MTS video files…
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
Now, before the MTS video recovery solutions, let’s find out what is MTS video files and the causes for the loss or deletion of MTS video files.
Retrieve Deleted AVCHD MTS/M2TS Files Without Software
When you sometimes erased your AVCHD videos in M2TS or MTS formats on a computer system, then you can directly recover those deleted files from the recycle bin. To do so, follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, Open Recycle Bin in your system.
- Then, find the missing .mts/.m2ts video files and then you have to right-click on them.
- Now, choose the Restore option and after that, you can find your all removed MTS/M2TS video files at the original location on your system.
What Is MTS Video File?
Well, MTS and M2TS; both are the video file extensions used as the high definition file format for digital video camera recorder, AVCHD. These file extensions support 720p and 1080i HD video file formats.
There is very little difference between these both. In the M2TS video file. The videos are saved in the high definition Blue-ray BDAV format.
MTS and M2TS video files can be playable at Sony Picture Motion Browser, Cyber Link Power Director, Cyber Link Power DVD, Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum. If you don’t have any of these to play MTS files then you can convert it to other file formats like AVI, MPEG, 3GP, WMV, etc.
Causes For Loss Or Deletion Of MTS Video Files
There are many users out there who are encountering loss or deletion of MTS video files due to unknown reason. And when it happens, then the user gets disappointed and thinks that their MTS files are lost permanently. Below are some of the causes for deletion of MTS video files:
- Accidental deletion
- Virus attack
- Damage Storage media and system drives
- Memory Card damage or corruption
- Hardware Malfunctioning
- Virus Attack and malware hits on your system
- Read Write issues
- System Crash or shut down failure
However, there can be a situation where you have lost all your MTS video from any of the reasons mentioned above that may lead to error generation are:
- MTS file is corrupted and can’t be played
- MTS files do not have audio
- Cannot open MTS files
Hence there still a chance to recover those lost videos until they are overwritten using some effective methods that already mentioned above.
People Also Ask
Is MTS Better Than Mp4?
Actually the answer is No. this is because both the MTS and MP4 files are very flexible containers. When taken out of the camera context, they can contain virtually any audio, video or subtitle codec and other information. It may be that these mp4 files are better and more compatible with video editing software than MTS.
Can VLC Convert MTS To MP4?
Well, the answer is yes, to do so, follow the below steps:
- Open the VLC player and press “Ctrl+R” and a Convert dialogue will pop up
- Click the “Add” button under the “File” tab and insert the MTS file from your computer
- Hit the “Convert/Save” button once the file is already in the VLC player
- Select the “MP4” from the drop-down menu in Profile field.
How Do I Open MTS Files On Mac?
To open the MTS on Mac
- Download and open it. Then, open the Mac App Store and buy Elmedia Video Player there with your Apple ID.
- Play your video. Add MTS files to Elmedia Player. …
- Enjoy your MTS and other videos.
Since the loss or deletion of MTS videos can occur due to various causes. Hence, it is suggested that you must always backup your important MTS videos.
However, if you do not have a backup of your deleted AVCHD MTS or M2TS video files, then you should definitely try the above-given solutions to retrieve deleted MTS Video files from digital devices.
You can easily recover MTS video files using MTS File Recovery Tool, so do not skip using it otherwise you will be in great loss.
At last, I hope that this post will help you further to do MTS video file recovery easily.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.