Windows Media Player is a popular inbuilt media player which generally comes with the Windows system. It has amazing features that allow watching the videos without any effort. Other than videos, music, and pictures can also be accessed using Windows media player. But, sometimes the data gets deleted from it. No need to worry as there are ways to recover deleted Windows Media Player files.
Here in this blog, you will get complete information on how to restore playlist from Window media player. Apart from this, you will also come to know the reasons which are responsible for losing data from any digital devices.
To recover deleted Windows media player files, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Media File Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
So let’s get started…
What Is Windows Media Player?
Windows Media Player (WMP) is a well-known media application that acts as a media library for storing and playing video and audio files on Windows operating system. It is built-in with highly advanced features that allow users to switch tasks and to access their favorite videos and audios without any concern. WMP can also use on all Windows-based mobile devices.
Everything goes well until you accidentally remove your important audio and video, assuming it to be another file. After losing your favorite audio and video files then a question may arise in your mind that how to recover videos from Window media player? Don’t worry, you will find your answer in the below section of this post.
But before finding the solutions to restore playlist Windows media player, you must know the possibilities of files being erased from Windows Media Player.
Why Media Library Gets Deleted From My Windows Media Player?
Well, your Windows media library or playlist can be deleted due to numerous unforeseen causes. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Deleting the unwanted files and mistakenly deleted the important files and this may happen frequently which may result in data loss.
- While transferring any data in between two devices, if there is any interruption or ejection of the device can lead data loss
- Antivirus applications sometimes delete your valuable data during the scanning process
- Data loss situation may appear when there is the formatting of memory card accidentally
- Even using the storage device when it is full or receiving error can also result in loss of data
- Shift-Delete is also one of the options that cause deletion of videos and audios from WMP
How To Restore Playlist From Window Media Player?
By using the best Media File Recovery Software, you can recover deleted Windows Media Player files effectively. It is designed to retrieve lost, deleted, formatted, erased digital media files such as photos, videos and audio files from any devices. This tool completely scans the device and after that undelete files from Windows media player without losing any original files.
Let’s find out its more excellent features:
- Easily recover deleted/corrupted files from various storage media
- Get back deleted videos/music/photos and other media files
- Restore data from internal hard drives, external hard drives, USB drives, FireWire Drives, memory cards, memory sticks, and other storage media
- Rescue videos, audios, and images of different file formats
- Easy data recovery from external as well as internal storage.
- Compatible with both Windows/Mac OS.
- The software is 100% safe and performs the best recovery than any other software
Below you can find the step by step guide of this feature-loaded tool to recover deleted Windows media player files effectively.
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
Is It Possible To Restore Deleted Library Items Of Window Media Player?
Yes, it is possible to restore deleted library items of Windows Media Player using the data recovery tool. I recommend this software because it retrieves photos, videos and other stuff in their original quality.
Though when the data gets deleted from hard drive then there is a chance to recover those stuff. Because those files do not get deleted permanently. But when such files loss situation happens then it is recommended not to save new data. Otherwise, new data will overwrite the old one and it will be impossible to.
People Also Ask
Where Are Playlists Stored Windows Media Player?
The playlist stored in a folder is called ‘Playlists‘ which is created by default in your folder. Hence, all the playlist files are saved there unless you have specifically directed them in a different place.
How do I reset Windows Media Player library?
To reset the Windows Media Player library, you need to follow the below steps:
- First, Exit Windows Media Player
- Next, click on the Start and then click the Run option
- Now, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player, then click OK
- On this step, choose all the files in the folder and click Delete on the File menu.
What Can I Use Instead Of Windows Media Player?
Instead of using a Windows media player, you can use the following media players:
- VLC Media Player
- GOM Media Player
- Zune, etc.
Why Does My Media Player Keep Crashing?
Sometimes, few changes of the media player or the system may cause the WMP crashing issue. However, you can simply reinstall the Windows Media Player and restart it immediately to solve the problem.
How do I restore Windows Media Player library?
You can restore Windows Media player library files by trying the best Media recovery software.
Why Is My Windows Media Player Not Showing Video?
Windows Media Player (WMP) cannot play the video because the essential video codec is not installed on your system. So, to play and watch the video, you may require video codec.
Can Windows Media Player Be Uninstalled?
YES, the Windows Media Player be uninstalled, first of all, right-click on Media Player and uninstall. But, if it bothers you to do so, you can disable by following these steps: Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > remove the checkmark from Media features > Windows Media Player
Time To Conclude
Accidentally deletion of important audio, video or other media files from WMP can be very frustrating. But, don’t worry, luckily, after reading this article you can easily recover deleted windows media player files.
Therefore, instead of wasting your time searching for other solutions, just try out the Media Recovery tool. This tool will surely be going to help you out to restore deleted library items of Window Media players with ease.
Hopefully, you found this blog helpful to you.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.