It is obvious that if you are reading my blog then you must be looking for how to repair AVCHD video file. So, if you want a perfect solution then do not skip reading this blog. I am saying so because here you will get to know how to repair corrupted AVCHD file, including other information like what is AVCHD file, what causes AVCHD file corruption, and why it becomes inaccessible.
But before I proceed to all sections, let me tell you the best solution to fix corrupted AVCHD files. Well, to repair corrupted AVCHD file, you can use AVCHD File Repair Tool.
To repair AVCHD videos, we recommend this tool:
This software will repair flickery, stuttery, jerky, unplayable videos and supports all popular video formats. Now repair your corrupt and broken videos in 3 easy steps:
- Try this Video Repair Tool rated Great on Pcmag.com.
- Click Add File to add the video you want to repair.
- Select Repair to start the repair process and save the repaired video on the desired location after the repair is done.
I am recommending this tool because it:
- Repairs corrupted, damaged, broken or even inaccessible video file formats like AVCHD
- Repairs not only AVCHD file format but also other video files like MP4, AVI, FLV, F4V, M4V, MPEG, MTS, MKV, etc
- Previews the repaired files and you can then save it to your preferred folder
- Is available at an affordable price and completed trusted tool
- Provides easy to use interface and is safe to use
I know you must be now looking for its user guide but before that, I would like to share a scenario faced by a user who inspired me to write this blog.
I recorded a long event on my Sony hdr-cx150. The first several files play just fine but when I started recording the longest non-stop part of it my files became corrupt/un-playable. I have used media info to analyze my files and I have attached them. I don’t know what I’m looking for but the first thing that pops out at me is a duration is a negative number. Can someone help me with what’s wrong with my video? I appreciate any help that I can get with this. Thanks
The “works” file is from a file that works and the “corrupt” is from one that doesn’t. It is not the first one that is corrupt.
About AVCHD Video File
AVCHD (Advanced Video Coding High Definition) is a video file format used in the camcorders. and these are the high-quality HD videos and .mts file extension that shot through the Panasonic, Sony and Canon cameras.
Like other video files, AVCHD videos can also get corrupt/ damage due to the sudden system shutdown while exporting or transferring the file. AVCHD files can corrupt due to the virus/malware in storage media or converting etc.
What Causes AVCHD Files Corruption?
Below are common reasons behind the AVCHD video file damage/corruption
- Malware/virus infection
- Abrupt power loss while watching the video
- Interruption while transfer or download of .avchd file
- File compression issue
- Corruption in the media or storage drive
- Due to the operating system issue.
So, these are the causes of AVCHD file corruption. Now we’ll proceed to know the methods to fix AVCHD corrupt file format.
How To Repair Corrupted AVCHD File
Well, as I have already mentioned that AVCHD file can be repaired easily using AVCHD File Repair Tool. So, I think you should try this tool first rather than trying other alternatives. This tool has the ability to repair corrupted, inaccessible, damaged or broken AVCHD files.
It not only repair AVCHD files but also fixes other video file formats like MP4, AVI, FLV, F4V, M4V, MPEG, MTS, MKV, etc
So feel free to use this trusted AVCHD File Repair Tool.
Here are the steps to repair AVCHD video file……
Step 1: Download, install and launch Video Repair software on your system. Click on 'Add Files' to add corrupted video files.
Step 2: Click on 'Repair' button to begin the repairing process. This start repairing your added video files one by one.
Step 3: You can click on 'Preview', in order to preview the repaired video file within the software and click on 'Save Repaired Files' button to save the repaired videos at desired location.
Other Alternatives To Repair Damaged AVCHD Files
Solution 1: AVCHD Video File Repair Through VLC Media Player
To repair AVCHD files, try the VLC media player because the VLC has an in-built video resolving feature. This feature can help you to repair corruption in the AVCHD video files easily.
So, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, start the VLC Player, then go to the Media
- Choose the Convert or Save option
- Then, add input files or streams which you want to be transcoded, after that you’ve to press the Convert or Save option again.
- And in that Convert window which appears, you’ve to provide your file name for the destination file
- Now, simply choose the desired input/Codecs from the profile list.
- At this time, press the “Edit Selected Profile” to check or edit a profile settings
- After that, you’ve to press on the Start option.
If this method won’t work, then you can try the next solution.
Solution 2: Download Your AVCHD Videos Again From The Source
Unfinished download/interruption while transferring the AVCHD files can lead to video file corruption. So, you require to try again for downloading the AVCHD video files from the source.
Solution 3: Convert AVCHD Files To Another Format
To repair damaged AVCHD files, you can convert your AVCHD file to some other file format such as AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV or MKV to make the files playable. Always make use of a safe & secure online converter tool to convert your video files.
To do so, follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, open the VLC Media Player.
- Then, make click on the Media button. Now, press on Convert/Save.
- Next, use the Add button then simply add what you require to convert…
- After that, select output format MP4 from the appearing Profile. …
- Now, click on the Browse to select the Destination file and to provide the file name.
- Lastly, click on the Start to convert your AVCHD video file to MP4.
Solution 4: Play Your AVCHD Files On Another Media Player
If your AVCHD video file won’t play, then you can try to play the videos in some other media player such as Windows Media Player or VLC Player. I am saying this because sometimes it is possible that the player you’re using does not support the AVCHD video codecs.
So, these are the manual solutions that help you repair corrupted AVCHD file, but if this won’t work for you then without wasting time simply go for the AVCHD File Repair Tool.
Now learn the best preventive methods to avoid further AVCHD video file corruption.
Precaution To Avoid Corruption Of AVCHD Video Files
Below are precautions that you to take to prevent further corruption of video files:
- Always keep a backup of the essential videos.
- Install the good anti-virus software on your computer system and use this software to scan your system on a regular basis.
- Never try to store the AVCHD files when your memory card is full.
- Never disconnect the power or a card reader while transferring or downloading the videos.
It is really important to repair the corrupt/damaged video files as soon as possible as the chances of repairing the files reduce if not repaired on time.
In this article, I have discussed the effective solutions to fix AVCHD corrupt file format. Also, the solutions given are so easy and effective that anyone can use them easily.
Moreover, if after using the above-manuals your issue still exists then you can go through the automatic solution i.e., AVCHD File Repair Tool.
Also, there are times when all your essential data gets deleted then you can easily recover deleted AVCHD video files from digital cameras through backup options.
I hope that this article is helpful for you.
Taposhi is an expert technical writer with 5+ years of experience. Her in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. She has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.