How to Recover Deleted, Lost, Formatted, Missing, Erased, Corrupted ASF Video Files?
Summary – If you have lost or accidentally deleted your ASF video files from your computer hard drive, memory cards, USB flash drive or from any other media storage and if you want to recover them back, then you can potentially restore lost/deleted ASF video files with the help of Video Recovery Tool.
With the use of this efficient recovery tool, you can:
- Restore deleted, lost, erased, missing, formatted, corrupted ASF video files
- Beside ASF videos, the software also restores other video file format like AVI, MPEG, MOD, ASF, MOV, 3GP, VOB, MTS, MP4, TS, etc
- Apart from video file format, it also retrieves various photos and audio file format
- Support media file recovery from computer hard drive, mobile devices (smartphones and tablets), digital camera or camcorder, Memory card (MicroSD card, SD mini, SDHC, SDXC), USB drives, etc
- The software is available for both Mac and Windows users
- Read-only program, 100% risk-free & easy to use
* Free version of the program only scans and previews recoverable objects.
Last night my friend was using my computer for transferring ASF video from his USB drive to my PC. While the transfer was in process, all of a suddenly my PC got shut down due to power failure/ Later when my friend was checking the ASF video then the files was neither in his USB drive nor in my computer. Is there any way that can recover deleted ASF files?
Problem with recovered .asf…
I had an .asf file that I had created on an RCA Lyra a/v jukebox. I then moved the file to my computer. The video has since been deleted from the Lyra and from my hard drive, but I was able to recover it with two different file recovery programs.
the recovered .asf file is 19 megs, however I cannot get it to play. I’ve tried VirtuaDub and VideoFixer and some program like .avi, .asf, .mpg Fixer. But nothing works. Nothing will open the file.
But there is still 19 megs of information in there. Is there any way I can examine what that 19 megs is? Or is there a better video file repair program out there?
– Original Post From VideoHelp Forum
What is ASF File?
Well, as we know that ASF (Advanced Streaming Format) developed by Microsoft Corporation is a video file format like AVI that contains media files like sound, graphics, video and animation. This type of file format can be stored in any data storage devices. But there are several circumstances or situations where you may face loss or deletion of ASF videos as one mentioned above.
Reasons for loss/Deletion Of ASF Video Files from media STorage Devices
There could be several reasons for the deletion or corruption of ASF videos files. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Accidentally deleting ASF videos from JVC camcorder or from any other external storage media devices.
- Corruption of memory card file system leaves the entire .ASF video files in unreadable state
- Antivirus scanning the card containing ASF videos can delete some of the ASF files if they are infected.
- Abrupt system shutdown, power outages or disconnecting memory card during the transfer of photos from Nikon camera to computer will bring about loss of NEF files
- Formatting the card containing ASF files by clicking on “Format” card option from camera
- Memory card pops up error messages like “card error”, “card is full” “Drive not formatted; do you want to format it now?”etc can leads to inaccessibility or loss of files, including ASF video files.
Best solution to Recover Deleted/Lost/Corrupted ASF Files
Solution 1. Restore Hidden ASF files
Sometimes it happens, ASF video files get hidden, when virus/malware infect data storage devices in which you have saved .asf files . The virus may hide your files. So, below find out the steps on how to recover hidden .ASF video files:
- Connect data storage devices to PC.
- Open Windows Explorer. Go to Tools > Folder Options > Go to View
- Now check “show hidden files, folders and drives” and uncheck the option “Hide protected operating system files” and finally click on OK to save all the changes made.
You can now check your data storage devices for hidden files.
Solution 2. Use Powerful ASF Video File Recovery Software
If above solution does not come in any help then you can use this powerful video recovery (Windows/Mac) which is suitable software for recovering deleted/lost ASF files on Mac as well as on Windows from system hard drive as well as from other data storage devices.
Beside .ASF file recovery the software also has capability to retrieve other video files formats as well as other image and audio files formats. The free trial version of the software allows users to preview recoverable ASF files within the software before final recovery.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- WMV Video File Recovery – Recover Deleted WMV Files
- How To Recover AVI Files From Hard Drive
- How to recover VOB files
- MXF File Recovery – Recover Deleted MXF Videos
Steps to retrieve lost/deleted Deleted ASF Video Files
Step 1 – Install “Video Recovery’ tool and launch it. Click on “Recover Photo, Audio & Video” tab to recover images, songs and videos files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. The external media will be shown in the list, if not then click on “Refresh Drive” button. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on “Scan Now”. If you want to customize the recovery on the basis of file types then click on “Advance Scan”.
Step 3 – In the Advanced Scan you will have the option to scan as per to the file list, such as Photo, Video and audio or you can also select the data range from the storage device. This option reduces the scanning process time.
Step 4 – Once you click on “Scan Now” button the software will show that scanning is in process. The recovered files listed in a tree structure on the left side of the window panel.
Step 5 – After scanning, you can select the files to preview them and then you can click on “Recover” button to finally save them on your computer.
Step 6 – Select the desired location on your computer to save the recovered files. The screenshot shows that the recovered files are being saved.
Tips To Remember
- Always keep a backup your important ASF files on another data storage device to deal with ASF file deletion or loss situation.
- While deleting unwanted ASF files, please check twice that you do need those ASF files back again.
- While transferring ASF videos to any other data storage devices, make sure that there is no interruption.
I hope by now you were able to recover lost/deleted/corrupted ASF video files on Mac or on Windows with the use of video recovery software that is available for both Windows and Mac users.
If you have found this post helpful and useful, then please do not forget to share it.