Micro SD card can become unreadable on computer for strange reasons. If you using the SD card for many times but if you suddenly you use it on the computer then your card may become unreadable. Then it becomes hard to restore the lost photos and other files including videos and music.
Expandable storage such as memory card works great for storing large data images and photos that cannot be stored on the camera. It offers a powerful advantage of storing and transferring multimedia files in a customized manner. The popularity of this card is due to its high-speed transfer of data when you want to transfer photos and other media files from card to the computer it efficiently does it with high speed data transfer. There are numerous reasons responsible of files to become unreadable on the computer.
Additional Reading: How to Fix Missing or Unread Files Error from Memory Card?
Reason: why computer unable to read the card?
- Shutdown of camera before the images are completely gets written on the memory card.
- While the images are being written the removing of memory card from camera.
- Low battery at the time of transferring the pictures files directly from the camera to the computer.
- Removing the card from card reader the folder and files from the card does not let them to open on computer.
- Renaming, deleting, opening and moving files on the card if its contents are open on the computer.
- Using unformatted memory card, the card needs to format regularly.
- Formatting the memory card in the computer to slow down data processing when used in the camera.
- Insertion of another memory card to the computer before closing and removing the first when viewing images on the card from the computer.
- Taking the photos when the battery of the camera is empty it can make the card unreadable.
- Continues shooting, deleting of images from when card is full can also makes the card unreadable.
The first thing to fix the unreadable SD card can be rectified by recovering the data stored in it. It is the reason why the card becomes corrupted then you need to stop using it immediately.
Additional Reading: How to Fix Unreadable Micro SD Card In Simple Steps!
How To Fix Unreadable Memory Card?
The computer unable to read the memory card problem of memory card can be fixed by formatting the memory card. If the memory card contains too much data then it can become unreadable. To format the memory card you need to use format it on the camera itself and not by the computer. Although if the memory card shows that data is unreadable then it doesn’t mean that all the data contained in card are unreadable. Sometimes a corrupted file on the memory card may prevent the other data inside the card restricting the reading of card on the computer.
There is an easy way to recover your data back from your unreadable SD card with the help of Photo Recovery Software. It is a professional and powerful SD card recovery tool for restoring the lost, corrupted, deleted and formatted, unreadable or damaged SD card and deleted photos from the card directly. With easy to use interface and thumbnail screen made this recovery process very easy to use and very clear to check before recovery. It is suitable for all level computer users and prevents the card from getting damaged any further. It can easily restore multiple file in one time with the batch recovery process. It is very efficient and potential software that are equipped with advanced algorithms that effortlessly recovers all the images and photos without losing the quality and integrity of the recovered data.
There are many prominent reasons responsible for unreadable of data. But to overcome such a situation you need to protect your important files from getting deleted or lost due to unreadable SD card. Here are some crucial precautionary measures to prevent your files and card from becoming unreadable:
- Never modify original files using third party software which does not create copies of your data stored on it. And try to avoid accidental deletion of original files.
- Do not purchase cheap memory cards from unknown manufactures.
- Avoid removing the card in between copying the files. Always remove them properly once the copying of files gets over.
- Use reliable and powerful anti-virus programs to keep the system virus free and scan it before transferring and storing files on computer.
- To fix the error format the memory card and then make use of the software.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How to Fix “Seagate External Hard Drive Not Recognized” Without Losing Data
- Learn To Remove Virus From SD Card Without Formatting It
- Learn To Recover Write Protected SD Card Data
- Learn To Use SD Card On Smartphones: Guides, Best Practices & More
Steps To Recover Data From Unreadable SD Card
Step 1. Firstly Download and Install the Rescue Digital Media Software.
Step 2. After this Connect the memory card to the computer and select the “Advanced Scan” option and then press the “Start Scan” button to start the scanning process.
Step 3. Then you will get all the preview of the retrived data that you can easily recover by clicking on the “Recover” option.