Restore photos, videos and audio files from SD card that contains bad sectors!!!
Overview – When your SD Card contains Bad sector you will not be able to access data stored in it. Here you will learn the step by step guide on how to recover data from SD card with bad sector. With the help of Card Recovery Tool, you can:
- Retrieve images, videos and audio files from SD cards containing bad sectors.
- Also recover data from formatted SD card, virus infected SD card, write-protected card, memory card not recognized.
- Supports recovery from different brand of SD card such as SanDisk, Transcend, Samsung, Kingston, strontium, etc.
- Beside SD card, it supports data recovery form microSD card, miniSD card, xD card, MMC card, CF card and so on.
Restore Lost/Deleted Media files From Bad Sector SD Card
Please Help!!! I have a digital camera and I used to take photos and record videos from it. However, the Memory card which I have been using on camera to store data is not working, I don’t have any idea what had happened. I only know that when I try to access my SD card data, it display error message “SD card has bad sectors” and therefore I able not able to see stored data. So, is there any solution that could help me to restore my photos and videos from my SD card that has bad sectors as I do not have backup anywhere else?
Another Real User Example:
How to repair corrupted sd card?
Does anyone know how to undelete or repair an sd card? It’s happened a few times and I usually format and start over. Any help would be appreciated.
– Original Post from XDA Forums
When you get SD card with bad sectors error, it means your card is corrupt and data becomes inaccessible and you will not be able to see your data. In other simple words you are likely to lose your data. But the good news is that you can still retrieve your data from SD card that has bad sector with the help of appropriate data recovery software.
Causes: How bad sectors develop on SD card?
- Using the same card on multiple gadgets can cause bad sectors to develop on SD card.
- Virus/malware infection is another cause that can create bad sectors on card.
- Using the card from longer period of time also generate the bad sector on it.
- Improper usage of card such as improper removal, interruption while transferring files, etc can develop bad sectors on the SD card.
- Using low quality card because of low budgets or lack of knowledge about memory card is another cause for the creation of bad sector on the card.
Additional Reading: How to Fix SD Card With Fatal Errors & Recover Media Files
Know how Data deletion takes place SD Card
Well it is very important to recover data from SD card having Bad Sectors but before that it is also important to know some scenarios in which images, videos and audios get deleted from SD card:
- During marking the data for deletion, users may sometimes misguidedly mark those data which should not be deleted and press Delete command; hence the entire data get deleted.
- During transfer of files, improper ejection of card can also result in data loss.
- Even pressing the “Delete All” option can also delete your data permanently from media devices.
All the above mentioned scenarios can lead to serious loss of data from SD card and users don’t know what to do next to get back the data. However with the help of powerful recovery software, one can very easily know how to recover data from Bad sectors SD card.
Additional Reading: Dead SD Card Data Recovery & Tips to Fix Dead SD Card
Solutions to Recover Data from SD Card with Bad Sectors
Follow the below mentioned solution in order to perform file recovery form SD card with Bad sectors:
Solution 1: Recover Hidden Files from SD Card With Bad Sector
Sometimes it happens, files gets hidden. when virus/malware infect the card and creates bad sectors on it. The virus may hide your files. So, below find out the steps on how to recover hidden files from SD card:
- Connect your SD card to PC.
- Open Windows Explorer. Go to Tools > Folder Options > Go to View
- Now check “show hidden files, folders and drives” and uncheck the option “Hide protected operating system files” and finally click on OK to save all the changes made.
You can now check your card for hidden files.
Additional Reading: Memory Card Errors & Their Solutions
Solution 2: Recover Data from SD Card With Bad Sector by Using SD Card Recovery software
SD card recovery software is suitable and a perfect utility that will help you to get back inaccessible or lost data from SD card that holds bad sectors. The SD card bad sector recovery software help you to restore almost all formats of images, videos and audio files.
Beside, bad sector, the software also retrieve digital media files from corrupted, damaged, formatted, physically damaged, logically failed SD card. It also allows you to bring back deleted/lost media files from different data storage devices such as cameras, camcorders, mobile devices, hard drive, portable hard drive, media players, memory cards, USB flash drives, etc.
Note: Stop using your SD card from adding any new data on it. Adding new files will overwrite the existing data and hence you will lose the chances for recovery.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- BlackBerry SD Card Data Recovery
- How to Fix Unreadable Micro SD Card
- Corrupt SD Card Data recovery
- How to Recover Images from a Damaged SD card
Steps to Recover Data from Bad Sectors SD Card
Step 1 – Install "Photo Recovery" software and launch it on your computer. Click on "Recover Photo, Audio & Video" tab to recover photos, videos and audio files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. All the hard drive and external media will be shown in the list. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on "Scan" button.
Step 3 – Once you click on "Scan" button the software will show that scanning is in progress. The software will search for all multimedia files from your selected drive or attached media.
Step 4 – After scanning, all the files that are found in the selected volume, hard disk or other storage media devices are listed. You can now select the files to preview them and then you can click on "Recover" button to finally save them on your computer.
How to Fix/Repair Bad Sectors in SD Card
Once you recover your important media files from SD card with the help of card recovery software, you can then proceed further to repair bad sectors in SD card to use it again.
Below find out the few solutions:
- You can connect your card to PC and scan it with the help of Windows Error-checking tool to fix bad sectors on SD card.
- Format SD card using PC.
- Follow SD card formatting using Disk management.
- Fix Bad Sectors on SD card using CMD command.
Additional Reading: 10 Tips To Avoid Memory Card Problems!!!
- Do not use the same SD card on different digital devices.
- Always make a habit of keeping a backup of important files from SD card.
- When you connect card with PC then always run a scan with the use of updated Anti-virus program.
I hope by following the above solutions you are able to recover files from SD card with bad sectors as well as you are able to repair bad sectors in SD cards by following the steps mentioned in the section How to Fix/Repair Bad Sectors in SD Card.
If you have found this post helpful and useful, then please do not forget to share it.