Summary: Is your files from SD card getting deleted by itself? Do not have any idea how SD memory card data deleted automatically? Looking for a solution on how to fix SD card deleting files by itself and how to recover files from SD card whose data gets erased by itself. Well, read this post till the end and find out the solution by yourself to fix SD/ micro SD card erased itself problems and also recover SD card files deleted automatically.
If you do not want to read the post till the end and want to recover files from SD card that got deleted by themselves, then my suggestion for you is that you must download Photo Recovery software.
This software will help you to:
- Restore files such as photos, videos and audio files deleted by itself from SD card.
- Recover files from SD card that says “folder is empty” or “SD card show 0 bytes”
- Restore files from all SD memory card types and brands such as SanDisk, Transcend, Sony, Samsung, Lexar, etc.
- Preview recoverable files within software before you proceed further to save them on your system.
Effectively Recover Files Getting Deleted By Itself From SD Card
All right, so now let us begin with the real user example who has expressed his problem of losing his files that gets deleted or disappeared by itself from SD card.
Files in SD Card deleted by themselves
So, I had this phone for 5 months now and about two weeks ago I bought a 64GB sd card. I transferred some files on it, mostly music files. After some days I noticed that a specific artist was missing. I connected the sd card to my computer and saw that, although the folder of the artist was there, all the files inside of it were missing. So, I deleted the folder, created it again and transferred the same files again. Some days later I noticed the same artist’s songs missing again. I’ve had these files on another sd card on another phone but never had any trouble with it. Anyone here with the same problem? Is it a phone bug, or maybe a faulty sd card?
– Original Post From Xperia Support Forum
That was just one example. Similarly, there are hundreds and thousands of users out there facing the same SD memory card problem.
But have you ever tried to find out the causes behind this specific “SD card files missing by itself” problem. There is a saying – “you have to first find out the causes and only then you can fix it”.
So, below find out the reasons!
Why SD Memory Card Keep Deleting The Files By Itself?
The majority of the problem has been found that faulty SD card is the main reasons for the data getting deleted by itself.
Actually, when your external SD card start malfunction then one of the typical symptom is that it start to erase everything stored in the card.
But why SD card will malfunction?
When your card gets corrupted, infected with virus, physically damaged, when SD card start to throw fatal errors, etc then your SD card start to malfunction.
Additional Reading: Infographic: Guide on SD Card Data Recovery
How to Recover Automatically Deleted Files From SD card?
As I have promised that I will provide the solution on how to fix SD card erasing the files by themselves – and that I will definitely provide the solution.
But before that it is very much important that you must first retrieve files from your SD card that got deleted by itself.
If your SD card deleting the photos, videos or music files by itself that you want to restore then you must apply Photo Recovery which is suitable SD card data recovery software. It will help you to get back lost or deleted digital media file erased itself from the SD memory cards.
The software is capable of retrieving photos, videos and audio files disappeared or missing from SD card. The software not only support SD card but it also support other memory card types such as microSD, miniSD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC, CF, SmartMedia and all other card types of several brands.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Recover Photos/Videos from Overwritten Micro SD Card
- How to Recover Photos from Encrypted SD Card
- How to Fix Unreadable Micro SD Card In Simple Steps!
- How to Fix Missing or Unread Files Error from Memory Card?
Steps To Recover Files Keeps Getting Deleted By Itself from SD Card
Step 1 – Install “Photo Recovery’ tool and launch it. Click on “Recover Photo, Audio & Video” tab to recover images, songs and videos files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. The external media will be shown in the list, if not then click on “Refresh Drive” button. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on “Scan Now”. If you want to customize the recovery on the basis of file types then click on “Advance Scan”.
Step 3 – In the Advanced Scan you will have the option to scan as per to the file list, such as Photo, Video and audio or you can also select the data range from the storage device. This option reduces the scanning process time.
Step 4 – Once you click on “Scan Now” button the software will show that scanning is in process. The recovered files listed in a tree structure on the left side of the window panel.
Step 5 – After scanning, you can select the files to preview them and then you can click on “Recover” button to finally save them on your computer.
Step 6 – Select the desired location on your computer to save the recovered files. The screenshot shows that the recovered files are being saved.
Additional Reading: How to Fix “SD card won’t Mount” Error on Android Device & PC
Now below find out the solution on how to fix SD card deleting files by itself problems.
How to Fix SD Card Deleting Files By Itself Issues
Finally we have come to the solution section.
Once, you retrieve files from the SD memory card, you can now follow the below mentioned steps to fix SD card deleting the files by themselves:
- Insert the SD card in card reader and connect it with PC.
- Run CMD to open command window. (Recommended Reading: How To Recover Media Files From Memory Card Using CMD?)
- Now, type the following command chkdsk/f drive: (for example if your SD card drive is showing as E:, then type chkdsk /f E:). You may probably see that corruption has been found and fixed.
- After this add files on your SD card and then again repeat the chkdsk/f drive: process.
- Once, the process gets complete, check the files on SD card.
- If files on SD card are still available then it means that your problem is solved.
- Now safely eject the card from the PC (Also Read: Fix SD card Unexpectedly Removed error) and plug it back into your device (normal mobile, Android smartphones, digital camera, etc) on which you are using it.
I hope now your files from SD card will not get deleted by itself.
Additional Reading: Dead SD Card Data Recovery & Tips to Fix Dead SD Card
Tips to Avoid SD Card from Erasing Files?
Below find out some of the effective tips that will help you to prevent files erasing itself from SD card:
- Format new SD card: When you purchase new card, then it is suggested that you must first format the SD card before using it in any device.
- Clean the card: Just take a look to your SD memory card and see if there is dust on its slot, scratches on the surface? If “yes” then clean it with the help of cotton cloth dipped in water. Leave the card in sunlight to get it dry and then use it in your digital device. (Recommended Reading: 10 Tips To Prevent Memory Card Error That You Must Know)
- Check card for corruption and repair: There is another chance that your card develops bad sectors. In this case, when you connect card with PC, window prompt pop-up messages asking you to format it. But sometime formatting card throw error message “Windows was unable to complete the format” on SD card. In this case you have to find out the corruption and repair it.
- Replace the card: If Windows unable to format the card or if corruption of card cannot be fixed then in such cases you must replace your SD card with the new memory card.
I am sure that by following the above solution and steps you will be able to recover files from SD card getting deleted by themselves and also fix SD card deleting files by itself. Since, the problem comes unexpectedly, you must take precautions than curing it later and hence I have provided some effective tips that will help you to avoid SD card from erasing files.
If you have found this post helpful and useful, then please do not forget to share it.