Learn To Recover Lost or Deleted DCIM Folder Photos and Videos From Memory Card (SD, microSD, miniSD, SDHC, SDXC, xD, CF Cards)!
Summary: Lost or accidentally deleted photos or videos from DCIM Folder from Android SD card, microSD card, xD card or CR card? Don’t worry. In this article post you will learn the best solutions to recover lost or deleted DCIM folder from SD memory card from your Android devices, camera or smartphones.
One of the best ways to recover deleted DCIM folder images and videos from SD card is to use Photo Recovery which is appropriate DCIM Folder Recovery software.
With the help of DCIM Recovery Tool, you can:
- Retrieve deleted, lost, missing, disappeared, erased photos and videos from DCIM folder easily.
- Recover images of different file formats like JPG/JPWG, GIF, PNG, PSD, PIC, BMP, etc and different video file format such as MP4, 3GP, AVI, MPEG-4, etc .
- Get back deleted DCIM Folder from Android phone’s SD card and digital camera’s memory car.
- Also recovers deleted or lost media files from damaged, corrupted, formatted memory cards.
- Preview recoverable DCIM folder media files within preview screen of the software before final recovery.
- 100% safe, secure and easy to use.
Efficiently Recover Deleted DCIM Folder Photos and Videos From SD Card
Let’s start with practical scenario!
deleted DCIM folder off SD card from my card reader
I plugged in my SD card to my multicard reader and was going to transfer pics to my flash drive. I had another folder on my flash drive that had pictures in it and thought I was deleting that folder, but instead I deleted the DCIM folder off the SD card! I just got the drives confused. Anyway, I read of this forum where I could recover the pics. I used “FreeUndelete” download that was reccommended, but it did not find any files on the SD card. Is there something I am doing wrong, or are the pics lost forever? Help I’m desperate!
– Original Post From Digital Camera Resource Page Forums
There are many users out there encountering loss of photos and videos from DCIM folder. There could be various causes responsible for the loss or deletion of DCIM folder from SD memory card. But before that let us know little information about – what is DCIM and what DCIM stands for?
Additional Reading: How to Recover Photos from Android SD card on Windows/Mac?
What DCIM Stands For and What Files It Contains?
DCIM stands for Digital Camera Images which becomes the default directory structure for digital cameras and the entire pictures that are taken from a camera, Smartphone, Android devices are saved in this folder that contains all DCIM files such as photos and videos.
These files contain more space in the device and for that user tries to move them to other location such as on external SD card. And in this situation user might face the problem of data loss or some other issues take place. There are many reasons behind the loss of DCIM files. Some of the common reasons for the loss or deletion of DCIM folder are mentioned below!
Common Causes Responsible For The Deletion of Photos/Video From DCIM Folder On SD Card
- Unintentional deletion of DCIM folder data from memory card.
- Missing of DCIM folder due to malware intrusion or incomplete transfer process from memory card to other storage devices.
- Abrupt ejection of memory card while data read / write process is in action, using same card on multiple gadgets, etc. as this can damage memory card making DCIM folder inaccessible.
- Format error caused due to logical error or firmware error in camera.
- Accidentally formatting SD memory card that contains DCIM folder.
- Virus infection corrupt SD card and thereby you lose the accessibility of DCIM folder.
- Incomplete transfer/Interupted process of DCIM Folder from memory card to other storage devices.
- Various digital camera errors caused DCIM folder missing or disappeared.
All these scenario include inaccessibility of DCIM folder files from memory card and user will end up with losing huge data.
Additional Reading: [Solved]: Can’t Format Micro SD Card on Android Phone/Windows PC
Best Solutions To Recover Deleted DCIM Folder Photos and Videos From SD Card
Restore DCIM Folder Media Files From Backup
If you have the backup copies of the DCIM folder media files such as photos, audios, videos and so on. Then you are able to restore them easily. All you need to do is just connect your device to computer via the USB cable that is matched. After it is detected, you can go to your backup files and drag them directly to the storage of your Android.
Recover Deleted DCIM Folder Data From SD Card By Using DCIM Folder Recovery Tool
If the above solution fails to work then don’t worry. In such case, it is highly recommended that you must use Photo Recovery which is perfect DCIM Folder Data Recovery Software for SD card. It will help you to recover deleted or lost DCIM folder photos and videos from SD memory card used in Android phone, digital camera or any phone. But when such data loss situation happens then it is instructed not to save any more data otherwise new data will overwrite the old one and it will be impossible to retrieve the deleted data.
The best thing about this DCIM Folder Recovery Tool is that it is available for both Windows and Mac computer.
Not only this, the DCIM Folder Recovery Tool has such amazing feature that makes it a unique recovery platform without losing any single data of it. It supports all types of memory card which include SD, miniSD, microSD, SDXC, SDHC, CF card, xD card, MMC card, etc and can recover any type of photos and videos file format.
Below follow the steps-by-step guide on how to recover deleted or lost DCIM folder data from SD card by using Photo Recovery software.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Recover Deleted Photos/Pictures/Images From Memory Card
- Recover Accidentally Deleted Photos from Digital Camera on Windows/Mac!
- How to Recover Video Files from Digital Camcorder on Windows/Mac?
- [Solved]: SD Card Says It’s Full But It’s Not
Steps To Recover deleted DCIM Folder Media Files From SD Card
Step 1 – Install "Photo Recovery" tool and launch it. Click on "Recover Photo, Audio & Video" tab to recover images, songs and videos files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. The external media will be shown in the list, if not then click on "Refresh Drive" button. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on "Scan Now". If you want to customize the recovery on the basis of file types then click on "Advance Scan".
Step 3 – In the Advanced Scan you will have the option to scan as per to the file list, such as Photo, Video and audio or you can also select the data range from the storage device. This option reduces the scanning process time.
Step 4 – Once you click on "Scan Now" button the software will show that scanning is in process. The recovered files listed in a tree structure on the left side of the window panel.
Step 5 – After scanning, you can select the files to preview them and then you can click on "Recover" button to finally save them on your computer.
Step 6 – Select the desired location on your computer to save the recovered files.
Now you need not to bother anymore as you must have acquire knowledge about the best possible ways to extract deleted DCIM folder data from SD memory cards with ease. You can completely trust over the software mentioned in this post that is Photo Recovery, as it is the most trustworthy solution get back lost DCIM folder photos, videos and other data.
If you have found this post helpful and useful, then please do not forget to share it.