This article will provide you the best solution to recover deleted photos and videos from memory stick in easy steps. All you need to do is to follow the solutions mentioned here one after another so that you can retrieve deleted media files from memory stick and enjoy watching your media files with your family and friends.
This modern era of our life is full of our daily consumption and creation of digital content. If that digital content includes photos, videos and other multimedia files, then the question of storage arises on how to keep the stuff safely. While we invest on storage media to store more and more files on it to keep all the data saved and we can access them whenever we want to, but here we concentrate on how to deal with the possibility of data loss, a misfortune that some of the users may face.
An Example of such bad luck situation is the loss of photos and videos from the memory stick, which we all use it to save our stuff and it can be easily used to transport photos from one computer to another as they are small in size and can be carry anywhere. It can hold lot more data than floppy disk. It is USB drive so it can be attached to any computer or laptop.
This post may be life saver for those who use memory stick to save photos and videos but accidentally deleted their memory stick data, or may have become the victims of memory stick corruption. So, look below to get perfect solution to recover photos and videos from memory stick easily.
Retrieve Lost Photos/Videos from Memory Stick Easily
Recover Deleted Photos and Videos From Memory Stick Easily!!!
There are many situation seen when users face the corruption of the memory stick, and this leads the entire data loss. If you are the one whose entire photos and videos get lost due any of the undesired situation , then in this case make use of the Memory Stick Data Recovery Tool, this is high-quality professional recommended solution to recover data.
With the help of this you can recover:
- Retrieve deleted photos JPG, JPEG, WMF, PSP, PSD, PIC, PNG, GIF, BMP, TGA, SID, QFX, TIFF, WPG etc easily.
- Recover lost videos files such as AVI, MOV, MPEG, MPG, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, RM, M4V and many others
- RAW images files (NEF, CR2, CRW, DNG, ARW, SR2, ORF, MRW, 3FR, PEF) recovery is also possible
- Easily rescue music files like MP3, MP4, M4b, WAV, MIDI, AIFF, AIF, AMR, M4A, etc
- Recover lost data from different types of memory cards like CF, XD, SD, MMC, Micro SD card and many others.
- Get back data media files and other data from other storage devices like memory stick, flash drive, MP3 players, hard disks, external hard drives and many more.
- Recover data from memory card for Android phone (Samsung Galaxy, Blackberry, HTC, etc), digital camera (Nikon, Canon, Samsung, or Olympus)
Steps To Recover Photos And Videos From Memory Stick
Step 1 – Install "Photo Recovery" software and launch it on your computer. Click on "Recover Photo, Audio & Video" tab to recover photos, videos and audio files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. All the hard drive and external media will be shown in the list. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on "Scan" button.
Step 3 – Once you click on "Scan" button the software will show that scanning is in progress. The software will search for all multimedia files from your selected drive or attached media.
Step 4 – After scanning, all the files that are found in the selected volume, hard disk or other storage media devices are listed. You can now select the files to preview them and then you can click on "Recover" button to finally save them on your computer.
Alternate Methods To Recover Deleted Media Files From Memory Stick
Method #1: Reinstall The Driver
In order to get back deleted photos and videos from memory stick, you can reinstall the driver so that it can solve the driver issue if there is any error. Yes, sometime it happens that due to driver issues, the memory stick becomes damaged and so the data saved in it becomes inaccessible. So, to fix this issue, you need to follow the below steps:
Step 1: In the first step, you have to go to and right click on My Computer or This PC. Now click on the option “Manage”.
Step 2: Now after the first step, click the Device Manager option you get on the left side.
Step 3: After this, simply double-click on the option “Disk Drivers” from the list and then right click on the name of the removable drive.
Step 4: You have to then disconnect the storage media and then restart the PC.
Step 5: In the last step, reconnect the memory stick again and your PC will then detect it easily.
Method #2: Connect Memory Stick To Another Device
If you memory stick ever gets corrupted or damaged, then it is impossible to access the data such as photos and videos from the memory stick. Also, sometimes, the system itself is unable to read the memory stick due to driver issue or other issues like incompatibility issue.
However, in such kind of situation, you need to connect the memory stick to any other device and then see whether the memory stick is accessible or not. If it is accessible, then just restore photos and videos from memory stick.
Method #3: Try chkdsk Command To Check For Memory Stick Errors
You can also try to check any memory stick error with the use of chkdsk command. For this, you need to type there “chkdsk” followed by ‘colon’, drive letter and /f at command prompt window. To complete the procedure, you need to perform the following steps:
Step 1: In the first step, you have to insert the damaged or corrupt memory stick in a card reader and then connect the card to the computer.
Step 2: Now, you have to tap on “Start” from Windows taskbar and then choose “Computer” option.
Step 3: In this step, you have to search for memory stick under “Device with removable storage” and then note down the drive letter.
Step 4: In the next step, you need to tap on “Start” option and type “cmd” in the search box.
Step 5: After this, right click on “cmd” and then choose “Run as administrator”.
Step 6: Here, you will see a command windows option where you will be easily able to fix damaged memory stick.
Step 7: After this, type “chkdsk” followed by drive letter by a colon and /f.
Step 8: Now in the next step, press “Enter” key and then the command will check all the errors and will easily fix them.
Step 9: Last, but not the least, here you have to check assigned drive letter to memory stick just to make sure the files are recovered.
If you have SD card then also you can try the same method for fixing the corruption issue. Also, you can try the above steps if you ever want to recover media files from memory card using CMD. This is the best manual solution you can try.
Method #4: Format Memory Stick
If there is no issue with your memory stick but you are still unable to access the data from it then it is because of the card which is in wrote protected mode. So, you should unlock write-protection mode to save the files on the memory stick.
However, if you still come across the same error then the photos and videos saved in the memory stick are deleted or might become inaccessible. For this, you need a powerful recovery tool to fix this issue recover photos and videos from memory stick with an ease or you can also format the memory stick.
Doing this will delete everything from the memory stick and so this is little risky method. This method needs copying all the crucial files before and then moving forward.
What Are The Error Messages You May Get On Damaged Memory Stick?
When memory stick users face any kind of issues on their memory stick then they search for symptoms that can help them to identify the issues.
Some of the common errors that you may get if you have damaged memory stick are:
- Memory card/stick not formatted, want to format it now?
- Memory stick is inaccessible
- Memory stick is write protected
- Unable to access memory stick/memory stick is denied
- Digital camera is unable to recognize memory stick
If you come across such unwanted errors because of damaged memory stick then you should look forward to retrieve deleted media files from memory stick.
Common Reasons For Losing Photo Or Videos From Memory Stick Are:
- Sudden Computer Shutdown While Transferring Media Files From The Memory Stick To The Computer: If any interruption such as power failure, accidental shutdown of PC etc. occurs during transferring of images may lead to loss of data. This abnormal shutdown can lose all the data and then the recovery of them becomes almost impossible until an efficient recovery software is not used.
- Continuous Capturing Of Photos, Videos, Music Without Waiting For Completion Of Single Image Processing: While capturing photos, it needs some time to get captured and then store on the memory stick. But before ending this process if you take another picture than there are very strong chances of losing all your data.
- Accidental Deletion: The files that get deleted from the Memory stick cannot be restored easily via Recycle Bin. It permanently gets deleted by bypassing Recycle bin. So the accidental deletion from the memory stick results in permanent loss of pictures.
Some Symptoms That Shows Your Memory Stick Is Corrupted/Damaged
There are some signs that show that your memory stick has been damaged. Few are some of the signs:
- Black screen appears when you try to read the memory stick
- Missing images from memory stick
- Not able to see the content saved in the memory stick
- No folder appears when you try to read the memory stick
- Memory stick is not recognized by the system after getting connected
These are some of the signs that will indicate that your memory stick has been damaged and so you need to fix it and restore lost media files from memory stick.
How To Protect Memory Stick From Corruption
- Don’t remove your memory stick/card during saving or viewing
- Don’t change your memory stick while the camera is ON
- Remember not to remove memory card at the time of switching on/off camera
- Avoid using fake memory cards and always try to use branded one like Sony, SanDisk, Kingston, Olympus, Panasonic, etc
- Avoid using your camera when the battery is low
Using memory stick is a common thing for those who have large amount of data. But sometimes, it happens that the data saved in it gets corrupted or damaged due to some specific reason. So, to overcome this issue, here I tried my best to provide you the best solutions to fix this issue and recover photos and videos from memory stick with an ease.
You can try several methods to restore lost media files from memory stick one after another and find which is effective for you. So, try the solution right now and get back deleted photos and videos from memory stick easily. All the best to you to recover memory stick data with ease…