Raw USB drive is referred to as unformatted disks. The disk generates an illusion of unformatted new disk when it gets corrupted by a virus attack or due to improper operations. This raw disk provides with the message that drives is not formatted, do you want to format it now. If the windows warn for the formatting of the USB Flash drive then it means the flash drive has been damaged and the data it stores cannot be accessible.
In this blog, you will get a perfect raw USB drive recovery solution to help you recover flash drive that turned raw with ease. If the SD card, USB drive, pen drive or any other storage devices becomes RAW or inaccessible then follow the solutions mentioned here in this blog and get all your data recovered from your RAW USB.
But, before that, let me first conclude that using RAW USB Drive Recovery Tool, you can easily restore lost data from raw USB drive.
- Is it possible to recover data from RAW USB drive?
- Best Way of RAW USB Drive Recovery
- Ways to Fix RAW Flash drive & Recover Data
- How To Access Raw Drive?
- How To Change USB From RAW To NTFS Or FAT32?
- Convert RAW To NTFS Without Formatting
Is it Possible to Recover Data from RAW USB Drive?
Yes, it is definitely possible to recover data from RAW USB drive. With the help of RAW USB Drive Recovery Tool, it has become possible to recover data from RAW USB drive in no time. Apart from that, you can also try some manuals that I will mention in the below section of this blog.
Best Way of RAW USB Drive Recovery
When it comes to the best way of RAW USB drive recovery, no other tool, but RAW USB Drive Recovery Tool is the ultimate solution. This recovery program has the ability to recover flash drive that turned raw. Recovery of data like photos, video and files are possible of all its respective file formats. All you have to do is download and install this data recovery tool and perform the best RAW USB drive recovery solution.
With the help of this tool, you can:
- Recover erased, formatted, inaccessible, lost deleted media files (photos, video & audio) from RAW USB drive
- Support various USB drive brands like SanDisk, Transcend, Spice, Lexar, Kingston, Apacer, Samsung, HP, Toshiba, Sony, Strontium, Verbatim and many more
- Also recover deleted photos from memory cards (SD card, SDHC card, microSD card, MMC card, CF card, TF card, etc), digital cameras, camcorders, mobile devices, hard drive, external hard drive, etc
- Retrieve media files from corrupted, damaged, inaccessible, virus-infected, error throwing ‘RAW file not read,’ or ‘Disk not formatted’ USB flash drive
- Read-only program, 100% risk-free & easy to use
Ways to Fix RAW Flash drive & Recover Data
Well, there are lots of ways to fix RAW flash drive and recover data but the most effective ways you can try are mentioned here:
How to Fix RAW USB drive in Windows 10?
Windows 10 has a built-in feature that can help you check the drive for the errors and do the best RAW USB drive recovery. Also, this may further help you repair them by themselves only. So, to check and repair the raw drive in Windows 10, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you have to connect the USB flash drive to the Windows 10 PC.
- Next, you have to go to ‘This PC’ and under the option ‘Devices and Drives’, you have to make a right click on the USB drive and choose the option ‘Properties’.
- After this, you have to click the tab ‘Tools’ and then simply click the option ‘Check’.
- Next, you have to select ‘Scan and repair drive’ in the error checking window and then wait for the process to get done.
How to Fix RAW Flash Drive Using CMD?
It is a myth that chkdsk command is not available for RAW flash drive. The truth behind this fact is that as long as the USB drive is still shown with a drive letter, it is possible to use this command to check for errors and repair them. So, if your drive letter is still showing then do not hesitate to try these steps:
- Just connect the USB flash drive to your PC and then click the search icon found in the taskbar and then input cmd there. Now, make a right click on the ‘Command Prompt’ and then simply choose ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Now, you have to enter chkdsk /f G: in order to fix usb drive stuck in raw.
- After completing perform these steps, you can simply go to Disk Management to check whether the hard drive is repaired or not. If CHKDSK command is not working then it is possible that if you format the drive then it may help you fix USB drive stuck in raw but no doubt that the data will be lost.
How To Fix RAW USB Drive Without Format?
In order to know how to fix RAW USB drive without format, you can assign a new drive letter to make it accessible. For this, you have to simply follow the below steps:
First of all, press Windows + R keys together to open the Run window and then you have to type there diskmgmt.msc.
After this, you have to make a right click on the USB drive and then select Change Drive Letter and Paths option from the list menu.
Next, you have to click ‘Add’ and then select a drive letter in the drop-down menu and then simply press OK.
After these steps are done, you can easily fix raw SD card without formatting or other drives as well and recover flash drive that turned raw due to any reason.
How To Access Raw Drive?
If you want to access raw drive then you follow the below steps:
- First of all, open My Computer or go to the Disk Management and then make a right click on RAW drive.
- Next, you have to select the option ‘Format’.
- After this, you have to select the NTFS file system and then you have to provide all required details like allocation volume label, unit size, format options, etc.
- Next, you have to click on Start and this will convert/reformat the RAW drive to NTFS.
After you complete these steps, you will be easily able to access raw drive and start using the drive without any issue. But, make sure that before you perform these steps, you have a complete backup of the data you haves saved on the drive.
How To Change USB From RAW To NTFS Or FAT32?
Well, in order to change USB drive from RAW to NTFS or FAT32, you can perform so with the help of CMD option, Here are the steps mentioned that will help you change USB from RAW to NTFS or FAT32:
- First of all, click on Start option and then type there cmd and then simply hit Enter.
- After this, you have to right click on cmd and then you have to click on the option ‘Run as administrator’.
- You have to then type Diskpart option and after that you have to Enter.
- You have to type G: /FS: NTFS and then you have to Enter.
After performing these steps, the RAW will easily fix and recover USB drive partition without formatting through CMD. But sometimes, the CMD will fail and you will get the message ‘CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives’ error.
How To Convert RAW To NTFS Without Formatting?
When you get the data back, you can simply change the RAW to NTFS wihtout formatting the drive now.
- In the first step, you have to connect the USB drive to the PC and then recover the data using the tool I have already mentioned above.
- Now, just make a right click on the media files once and there you will see it under ‘This PC’ and then go to Property option. Next, go to the Tools option and then Check.
- After this, you have to select the options available after you clicked the CHECK option in a window that already showed up and then just run it.
In this way, you will be able to convert RAW USB drive to NTFS without formatting in easy way.
After going through the above blog, you might have noticed how you can get back data from raw USB drive. The easy solution is mentioned here only that you can apply to recover flash drive that turned raw.
Also, you will notice the possible symptoms that may cause raw USB data corruption issue. So, try to avoid those issues that may cause your RAW USB drive to lose data. However, if you lost the data then you can make use of RAW USB Drive Recovery Tool to recover data from RAW USB drive.
Apart from this, you can also try the Windows utility to fix usb drive stuck in raw and recover flash drive that turned raw. If that fails then format your USB drive to make it re-usable again.
Taposhi is an expert technical writer with 5+ years of experience. Her in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. She has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.