Are you not able to access pictures on your memory stick?
Have you accidentally deleted or lost your valuable or memorable photos from memory stick?
Do you want to restore those erased or missing images?
If “yes” then definitely here, you will read about the issue and how to restore lost photos from damaged or corrupted memory stick.
Download Memory Stick Photo Recovery To Restore Photos in Minutes
Digital cameras are the most popular portable electronic device for capturing memorable moments in the form of pictures. These pictures gets automatically stored on the memory sticks/memory card as soon as you take the pictures.
These Storage media is basically used to store high quality photos that are taken from camcorder or digital cameras.
Memory Stick is a removal flash memory card that was developed by Sony. This technology of digital data storage has capacity of 10 times of a 3.5 diskette. Memory Stick is another type of memory card that can be used for digital cameras for storing digital pictures.
This is the new way to share and transfer pictures, audio and other types of data between different compact electronic devices such as camera or camcorders. These sticks are of small size but it includes all the smart media and compact flash memory.
Losing data from these storage media is very common nowadays, but at the same time it is very annoying too. These can be caused through various numbers of reasons, such as virus infection, deletion of formatting accident and mistake, sudden power failure and system corruption during the time of transferring data.
Just for an instance, think that you are transferring your precious photos from your memory stick to your computer or laptop. And suddenly you remove the memory stick from PC or laptop to use it on different PC for some work. Even you have forgot that transfer of your photos were on process.
In between, you suddenly realize that you have made a mistake and you say “OHH Shit…what I have done”. And you instantly plug the memory stick again to your laptop or PC.
After checking whether everything is OK or not, you found that some of the pictures were missing and you don’t know what to do and how to recover them?
This is not the situation with you only but numerous users do this kind of mistakes on daily basis and hence, they lose their pictures from memory stick.
“My memory stick is corrupted and not showing in mobile phone. When connecting the memory stick to my computer, Windows system can recognize it but I was unable to access any data on the memory stick. Windows system says that memory stick is corrupted and data is not readable. I have no idea what to deal with the problem, but I really need to restore all files stored on this corrupted memory stick. Can anybody show me how to perform data recovery from memory stick that stops working?”
Common reasons for losing photo or picture files from the memory stick are-
- Abrupt computer shutdown while transferring of pictures from the card to the computer- If any interruption such as power failure, accidental shutdown of PC etc. occurs during transferring of images may lead to loss of data. This abnormal shutdown can lose all the data and then the recovery of them becomes almost impossible until a efficient recovery software is not used.
- Continuous capturing of pictures without waiting for completion of single image processing- While capturing photos, it needs some time to get capture and then store on the memory stick. But before ending this process if you take another picture than there are very strong chances of losing all your data.
- Accidental deletion- The files that gets deleted from the Memory stick cannot be restored easily via Recycle Bin. It permanently gets deleted by bypassing Recycle bin. So the accidental deletion from the memory stick results in permanent loss of pictures.
What are the error messages on corrupt memory stick?
It is already mentioned above that memory stick is a memory card developed by Sony. When users face any kind of issue on their memory cards then they search for symptoms that can help them to identify the problem.
The main symptom on memory card corruption is that you will not be able to access any stored data on it. In fact, there are several types of error messages, which include:
- Memory stick is inaccessible
- Unable to access memory stick/memory stick is denied
- Memory card/stick not formatted, want to format it now?
- Digital camera is unable to recognize memory stick
- Memory stick is write protected
When you come across such unwanted errors due to your damaged memory card/stick then I think you should look forward to get out of such situation and recover the lost photos from corrupt memory stick.
Go through the below mentioned some possible fixes to repair damage memory stick and recover deleted photos from it.
Possible fixes for corrupt memory stick and recover lost photos from it
Have a look at some of the possible ways to fix damage memory stick and get back the lost photos with ease.
Method 1: Connect memory stick to another device
When your memory card gets damaged then you cannot access it completely. Even the system does not able to read the SD card because of driver related problems or incompatibility.
In this situation, once you should connect your memory stick to another device and see whether it is accessible or not. If so then you can easily recover the photos from it.
Method 2: Check memory cards errors by chkdsk command
You can try using chkdsk command to check any memory card errors. You have to type “chkdsk” followed by colon, drive letter and /f at command prompt.
- First, insert the corrupt memory card in a card reader and then connect to your system
- Now tap on “Start” from Windows taskbar and choose “Computer” option
- Here you have to search for SD card under “Device with removable storage” and note down the drive letter
- After this, tap on “Start” option and then type “cmd” in search box
- Now right-click “cmd” and choose “Run as administrator”
- You will see a command windows option where you will be able to fix damaged memory card/stick
- Now type “chkdsk” followed by drive letter by a colon and /f
- Press “Enter” and the command will check all the errors and will fix them
- At last, check assigned drive letter to SD card just to verify whether the files are recovered
Method 3: Format memory stick/memory card
When everything is OK on your card but you are unable to save them then it is because the card is in wrote protected mode. You should unlock write-protection mode to save the files on card.
And if you still come across the same error then the photos or other saved are deleted or might become inaccessible. Here you need some powerful tool to fix the problem or even you can format the memory stick. Read How to Format a Memory Card on Windows?
Doing this will erase everything from your memory card and so this method is a risky one. This method requires copying all the important files beforehand and then moving forward.
You might Also Be Interested In:
- Toshiba Memory Card Recovery on Windows/Mac
- HP Memory Card Data Recovery on Window/Mac
- Sony Memory Card Data Recovery on Windows/Mac
- Recover Deleted Data from Verbatim Memory Card on Windows/Mac
How to recover pictures from Memory Sticks?
Before you go for recovery process, I would recommend you to check if any backup is available for the lost photos. If backup is available then its good but when there is no backup then also no need to worry.
If the memory card gets overwritten then the there is the chance of losing all the data it stores. So it is recommended that if such accident occurs, the first thing one should do is to stop using the memory stick, and then use the professional recovery software so that recovery is achieved as soon as possible.
Memory Stick Photo Recovery Software is a professional photo recovery tool that helps to restore any type of data loss, whether it gets deleted, formatted, corrupted and even removed data and files from the memory sticks.
This powerful software helps the users to enable recover multiple files at one time without any risk. Along to these it is very easy to operate to any level of computer users. It even supports all types file types like music, images, pictures, videos and audios.
Steps to recover Images from Memory Sticks-
Step 1 – Install "Photo Recovery" software and launch it on your computer. Click on "Recover Photo, Audio & Video" tab to recover photos, videos and audio files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. All the hard drive and external media will be shown in the list. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on "Scan" button.
Step 3 – Once you click on "Scan" button the software will show that scanning is in progress. The software will search for all multimedia files from your selected drive or attached media.
Step 4 – After scanning, all the files that are found in the selected volume, hard disk or other storage media devices are listed. You can now select the files to preview them and then you can click on "Recover" button to finally save them on your computer.
BONUS TIPS- How to protect memory stick/SD card
- Don’t remove your memory stick/card during saving or viewing
- Don’t change your memory stick while camera is ON
- Remember not to remove memory card at the time of switching on/off camera
- Avoid using fake memory cards and always try to use branded one like Sony, SanDisk, Kingston, Olympus, Panasonic, etc
- Avoid using your camera when battery is low
Well, there are lots of users who come across such unexpected situations on their memory stick and they have to face data loss situation like precious photos gets deleted.
Now there is nothing to worry because if your memory stick is damaged and your photos are lost then this blog will definitely help you to get out of the situation.