If, your PS3 hard drive has failed due to unexpected reasons and you have saved some important data on it and so you want to extract such files you can try different alternatives. Similarly, here in this article, you’ll get a complete guide related to PS3 Hard Drive Recovery. So, let’s know how To Extract Saved Files From PS3 Hard Drive.
To recover save files from ps3 hard drive, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
How To Extract Saved Files On PS3 Using Hard Drive Recovery Software?
In order to recover data from PS3 hard drive making use of Hard Drive Recovery Software for Windows/Mac is a great solution. as this tool will help you to retrieve all the lost or deleted data hard drive.
This tool helps in easy restoration of deleted, formatted, corrupted, missing and inaccessible videos, photos and audios from any digital media devices.
This tool will help you:
- Recover Deleted or lost files from other external hard drives
- Retrieve Lost or deleted videos and music files as well
- Apart from the external hard drive, it also recovers data from memory card
- Get back images of different file formats like JPG, PNG, GIF, PSD, PIC, BMP, etc
- 100% Safe, secure and easy to interface
- It supports both the platforms: Windows & Mac OS.
* Free version of the program only scans and previews recoverable objects.
The PS3 data recovery tool thoroughly scans the entire storage device as it has powerful scanning technique which can solve Extract Saved Files on PS3 and gets back all the missing files.
The recovery tool is known as one of the successful tools which bring back the lost data from memory card, hard drives, USB drives, etc.
Steps To Retrieve Lost/Deleted Data From The Digital Device
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
How To Recover Deleted Files On PS3 Hard Drive Using Backup Utility Option?
To do PS3 hard drive recovery, you have simply follow the below steps:
Step 1: First, you have to go to the [Settings]
Step 2: Next, select [System Settings] and then press the button X
Step 3: Now, go to the [Backup Utility] & press X button again
Step 4: Back up all files from the PS3™ hard disk to an external storage device. Then, use a backup that was made to an external storage to restore data to the PS3™ hard disk drive.
Something About PS3 Hard Drive
PS3 stands for PlayStation and is a home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. The PS3 has a 256MB of XDR DRAM and its main memory and one more 256 MB of GDDR3 video memory for Reality Synthesizer. The Sony PS3 is having high definition Entertainment out of the box and media server that offers a flow of music, videos, and high definition photos easily.
But, it might happen that sometimes it causes the problem while accessing photos, videos or any other important content saved in PS3 hard drive. The user might encounter data loss or some priceless files may also get erased from PS3 hard drive.
Reasons Behind The Deletion Of Media Files From PS3 Hard Drive
Undoubtedly there are various exceptional reasons which are responsible for losing data from PS3 hard drive and some of them frequently occur which are mentioned below. Though there are various ways to recover lost PS3 hard drive data before that, it is important to know how the file gets lost.
- Sudden ejection– At the time of data transferring and in between if there is any interruption or ejection of the device occur then eventually it can lead to data deletion from media file.
- Severe virus attack– Virus injection into the media files also affect the entire data present on it. Normally it happens when any device is attached to the infected computer system.
- Unintentionally deletion– This situation mainly encountered when you are deleting irrelevant files and all of sudden by mistakenly you delete up your important files. This may happen frequently which may result in data loss.
- Accidentally formatting the memory card– Data loss situation may appear when there is the formatting of the memory card and it is done accidentally. By selecting the option “format” when the device is connected to a computer can clean the device and the entire data gets deleted.
- Some other reasons– Even using the storage device when it is full or receiving error in the file system conversion can also result in loss of data.
- Using Delete button or CTRL+X instead of Copy leads to file loss from PS3 HDD
External Hard Disk RAW Recovery Attention:
While your external hard disk is not responding or working due to not formatted error, bad sectors, RAW file system, or other reasons, etc. At that time you may need to try anything you can do to improve the current situation. But anything you try to correct this might make the situation worse.
Like, if you want to format the external hard disk to change the file system from RAW to NTFS or FAT32, but what you see all the data is lost after formatting. To prevent yourself from running into such a terrible situation, it is advisable to get back lost data first before you can repair the problem on your external hard disk.
Tips To Follow:
Ending up with your important data from your storage device, it’s very much important to follow some precaution that can help you to avoid data loss in the near future. Here are some safety measures that you must follow:
- Avoid using the same device when it is already used and it is full. Do not save any new media files otherwise, the previous data will be overwritten.
- Always protect your device from any virus or malware attack by using the perfect antivirus program.
- Before deleting any files, just check out once more that what you are selecting and what you are deleting.
- Never avoid any type of warning message because this can also be the reason for data loss.
- Before formatting, check your storage device at least two to three times
- Keep proper backup of all your important files or folders so that it can help you in the future when any data loss situation happens.
- Always eject the device from the computer or from any other system carefully.
Since all your media files like, movie, images, videos are stored on PS3 hard drive, and all these saved stuff will be lost once the device is getting crashed. You must have known that, if the device is getting crashed in the middle, then it quite tough to get back these stuff without data recovery software or data recovery service.
In the above post, the given solutions are introduced to recover media files from the PS3 hard drive.
Lastly, I hope that after knowing the given above ways, you have definitely found that the recommended data recovery software is quicker and cheaper.
Taposhi is an expert technical writer with 5+ years of experience. Her in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. She has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.