Lost or accidentally deleted photos or videos from DCIM Folder from SD card, microSD card, XD card or CR card? Don’t worry. In this article post, you will learn the best solutions to recover lost or deleted DCIM folder from SD memory card and digital devices.
There are many users out there encountering loss of photos and videos from the DCIM folder. And that time they might be thinking about that their all essential data must be lost permanently, but this is not true. Because all those media files and folders reside there only and can easily restore them by using some effective solutions. Here in this article, you will get a complete guide related to how to recover DCIM folder from SD card but before knowing the reasons and solutions first, look towards the scenario.
To recover DCIM folder from SD card, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Media File Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
There could be various causes responsible for the loss or deletion of the DCIM folder from the SD memory card. But before that let us know little information about – what is DCIM and what DCIM stands for?
What DCIM Stands For And What Files It Contains?
DCIM stands for Digital Camera Images which becomes the default directory structure for digital cameras and the entire pictures that are taken from digital devices are saved in this folder that contains all DCIM files such as photos and videos.
These files contain more space in the device and for that user tries to move them to other location such as on external SD card. And in this situation user might face the problem of data loss or some other issues take place. There are many reasons behind the loss of DCIM files. Some of the common reasons for the loss or deletion of the DCIM folder are mentioned below!
Common Causes Responsible For The Deletion Of Photos/Video From DCIM Folder On SD Card
Below are some of the reasons behind the deletion of media files and folders from storage devices:
- Unintentional deletion of DCIM folder data from memory card.
- Missing of DCIM folder due to malware intrusion or incomplete transfer process from memory card to other storage devices.
- Abrupt ejection of memory card while data read/write process is in action, using the same card on multiple gadgets, etc. as this can damage memory card making DCIM folder inaccessible.
- Format error caused due to logical error or firmware error in the camera.
- Accidentally formatting SD memory card that contains DCIM folder.
- Virus infection corrupts SD card and thereby you lose the accessibility of the DCIM folder.
- Incomplete transfer/Interrupted process of DCIM Folder from memory card to other storage devices.
- Various digital camera errors caused DCIM folder missing or disappeared.
All these scenarios include inaccessibility of DCIM folder files from memory card and the user will end up with losing huge data.
How To Recover Deleted DCIM Folder Photos And Videos From SD Card?
The foremost and a highly recommended way which is a perfect recovery tool that is DCIM Folder Data Recovery Software for SD card. It will help you to recover deleted or lost DCIM folder photos and videos from SD memory card used in a digital camera or any phone.
With the help of DCIM Recovery Tool, you can:
- Retrieve deleted, lost, missing, disappeared, erased photos and videos from DCIM folder easily.
- Recover images of different file formats like JPG/JPEG, GIF, PNG, PSD, PIC, BMP, etc and different video file format such as MP4, 3GP, AVI, MPEG-4, etc.
- Get back deleted DCIM Folder from Android phone’s SD card and digital camera’s memory car.
- Also recovers deleted or lost media files from damaged, corrupted, formatted memory cards.
- Preview recoverable DCIM folder media files within the preview screen of the software before final recovery.
- 100% safe, secure and easy to use.
Not only this, the DCIM Folder Recovery Tool has such an amazing feature that makes it a unique recovery platform without losing any single data of it. It supports all types of memory card which include SD, miniSD, microSD, SDXC, SDHC, CF card, xD card, MMC card, etc and can recover any type of photos and videos file format.
The best thing about this DCIM Folder Recovery Tool is that it is available for both Windows and Mac computer.
Below follow the step-by-step guide on how to recover deleted or lost DCIM folder data from SD card by using recovery software.
Steps To Recover Deleted DCIM Folder’s Media Files From SD Card
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
Restore DCIM Folder Media Files From Backup
If you have the backup copies of the DCIM folder media files such as photos, audios, videos and so on. Then you are able to restore them easily.
All you need to do is just connect your device to computer via the USB cable that is matched. After it is detected, you can go to your backup files and drag them directly to the storage of your Android.
Now you need not bother anymore as you must have acquired knowledge about how to recover DCIM folder from SD card and the best possible ways to retrieve deleted DCIM folder data from SD memory cards with ease.
You can completely trust over the solutions which are mentioned in this post, and I know that these are the most trustworthy Photo recovery solutions which definitely help various people to get back lost DCIM folder photos, videos, and other data.
Hopefully, the above-given information will also help you to recover all your missing data from digital devices.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.