If your Pentax RAW PEF images get accidentally deleted then you can try Pentax RAW PEF Image Recovery Tool to recover deleted, erased Pentax PEF pictures.
Also, you can try another manual way like a backup to know how to restore Pentax PEF files.
So, let’s get started…
To recover deleted .pef files from Pentax camera, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
What Is A PEF File?
PEF (Pentax Electronic File) is a RAW image file format that is taken by Pentax Digital camera. The RAW images are in uncompressed and minimal processed photographs that store the image data exactly as it is taken by the camera’s sensor.
Later users can convert those raw .pef images to other photo file formats like JPG/JPEG, PNG, BMP, etc. The PEF RAW image is similar to other raw files like ORF, SRW, CRW, NEF, etc. All photos captured by Pentax digital camera store the image in .pef file extension.
However, these PEF files may get deleted or lost like other RAW image files formats due to various reasons. But they are not gone forever, it can be restored with appropriate PEF file recovery software.
Scenarios For Deletion Of Pentax RAW PEF Image Files
However there are several scenarios that occur and the user finds themselves in a tragic situation because of their digital data [photos, videos, audios] corruption.
Therefore before going for any solution, it is necessary to know the causes of the data loss from digital media.
Corruption– If there is any type of damage in storage media then all the files become inaccessible. Hence the data gets lost. Corruption can be due to a virus attack or due to improper shutdown of the computer and many more.
Cleaning Recycle bin– Sometimes it happens that users completely clean the recycle bin mistakenly and it deletes all files from it. Hence here also data loss situation occurs and with the help of recovery software, the lost content can be retrieved.
Format of digital media– Whenever corruption occurs in a memory card or in the hard drive then it forces you to format the digital data. So that the data can be accessible but after formatting the card, the data like images, videos, etc get lost.
Inappropriate removal– After plugging digital media on the system, if anyone removes it without using ‘safe remove’ then the loss of data may happen and makes your card unreadable.
Now, it’s time to know the possible RAW PEF image recovery solutions.
How To Recover Deleted Pentax RAW PEF Photos?
To restore deleted/lost Pentax RAW PEF photo files, you can simply try the Pentax PEF File Recovery Software for Windows/Mac.
This powerful Pentax raw software can easily solve Pentax RAW PEF Image File Recovery problems. It recovers media files such as pictures, sound, images, video, photos from a digital camera. Also include the undelete photos from damaged hard drive, USB drive, unformat SD card, etc.
When the data like images, videos & audio files get deleted from an external hard drive, then there is a chance to recover those files. Because those files do not get deleted permanently.
But when such a data loss situation happens then it is instructed not to save any more data. Otherwise, new data will overwrite the old one and it will be impossible to get back lost raw Pentax PEF images.
With the use of this RAW PEF Image Recovery Tool, one can:
- Efficiently retrieve deleted, lost, missing, formatted, erased Pentax RAW PEF image files
- Also recover other digital cameras RAW image file formats such as Nikon (NEF), Fujifilm (RAF), Canon (CRW & CR2), Sony (SRF), Samsung (SRW), Kodak (DCR), Leica (DNG), Sigma (X3F), Olympus (ORF), Panasonic RAW image, Toshiba RAW image and many more
- Also, restore video recordings and audio files from various digital cameras and camcorders
- Recover PEF files from various memory cards such as SD cards, MMC cards, xD picture card, microSD, miniSD, TF card, CF card, etc
- Preview RAW PEF images within software before you proceed to save them on your computer
- Recovery software is available for both Windows and Mac users
- Read-only program, 100% clean, safe & easy to use
* Free version of the program only scans and previews recoverable items.
Therefore, with the help of this software, it is possible to get back all the lost data from Internal & External drives.
This software is 100% safe and performs the best recovery than any other software. It supports all types of memory cards which include CF card, XD card, SD card, etc. This software recovers any type of file of different formats.
It completely scans the entire storage system and searches for the missing files. This is one of the successful software for the revival of lost data and works for both Windows and Mac.
Steps To Retrieve Lost/Deleted Pentax RAW PEF Pictures Files
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
Alternative Way To Recover Deleted .pef File Through backup Option
Backing up audio, video, and image files is an easy process to prevent further data loss. It involves making a copy of your important media files and storing the copy in a safe place, which can be accessed when the original data is gone.
So try to keep regular backups of your important files so that when your data gets loss, then you can restore from the backup folder with ease.
Tips To Avoid Further Data Loss
After losing your important data from your storage device, it is very much important to remember some useful tips which can help you to avoid data loss in the future. Some of the tips are mentioned below:
- Always make a backup of all your important files or folders
- Use some reliable power source which can help your system from sudden shutdown
- Before formatting, check your storage device at least two to three times
- Never use any digital device when its battery is low
- Don’t remove the files when the file transfer process is on progress
- Before removing the device from the computer or from any other system, eject it properly
- Avoid using the same device when it is already used and it is full
- Do not save any new media files otherwise, the previous data will be overwritten
- Protect your device from any virus or malware attack by using the perfect antivirus program
- Before deleting any files, just be sure of what you are selecting and what you are deleting
- Never avoid any type of warning message because this can also be the reason for data loss.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can You Recover Raw Photos?
The answer to this question is ‘yes’. RAW photos can be easily recovered by using the photo recovery tool mentioned in this post.
How Do I Convert A PEF File To JPEG?
You can convert a .pef file to JPEG image file by simply following the below steps: • First of all, you need to download any image converter tool like Pixillion on your Windows system. • Add your PEF images to the Pixillion. • Then, select output as a JPEG. • After that, tap on Options in order to change output settings. • Now, tap on a Convert option to export PEF photo to JPEG format.
Can Photoshop Open PEF Files?
Yes, of course, Adobe photoshop can easily open and edit RAW .pef images.
How Do I Open A PEF File?
In order to open a PEF image file, try out the below easy steps: Step 1: First, launch the Adobe photoshop on your PC. Step 2: Go to the File > Open. Step 3: After that, find the RAW PEF file that you need to open. Step 4: Choose, edit and save your PEF file.
Well, try the above-given methods one by one to overcome your problem. If you don’t have a backup of your photos, then go ahead with the Pentax RAW PEF Image Recovery Software. As I have already stated that this tool is free and very safe to use so you don’t have to worry at all.
Apart from this, it’s always suggested that you should keep a backup of your data to other locations or any external storage devices. So that you can easily perform external storage data recovery.
Also, follow the given tips to avoid data loss in the future
Taposhi is an expert technical writer with 5+ years of experience. Her in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. She has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.