Accidentally deleted saved game files on your Nintendo Switch? Seeking how to recover deleted save data Nintendo switch SD card? Do not worry just read this article till the end and get the best solutions to recover save data on Nintendo Switch.
You can restore Nintendo switch lost save data from Cloud backup or using the best Nintendo Switch SD card recovery tool.
To know more, read further…
Before knowing how to recover deleted save data Nintendo switch, let’s know what is Nintendo Switch microSD card is.
What Is A Nintendo Switch And How Does It Work?
Nintendo Switch is a video game console which is developed and released by Nintendo. It helps users to play their favorite games at home or somewhere else.
Since the Nintendo Switch is cartridge-based & it comes with 32 GB onboard storage space. Though, this 32GB gets filled very quickly with digital games, screenshots, system updates, and other data.
Fortunately, the Nintendo Switch has an external SD card slot that allows you to expand the device’s storage space. Let me tell you that Nintendo Switch supports up to 2 TB of external memory cards to save games, screenshots, and many more.
Unfortunately, data loss on memory cards occurs very frequently. Hence there are many users out there who have complained about the Nintendo switch save data deleted.
So, if you are one of them who is also looking for how to restore save data on Nintendo switch then scroll down this page and get the best ways in one of the below sections.
Can You Recover Deleted Save Data On Switch?
The short answer is “Yes”.
Now, you must be thinking that how?
You can get back lost or deleted game files from Nintendo Switch cards via Cloud backup or with the help of the best SD Card Recovery Software.
But before retrieving the disappeared game files from Nintendo SD card you’ve to stop adding new data on the card. Because adding new stuff will overwrite the existing files and decrease the chance for recovery.
Causes For Saved Data Deletion From Nintendo SD Card
Below are some of the reasons behind the game files deletion from the Nintendo SD card:
- Accidental deletion.
- Performing factory reset.
- A formatting SD card.
- Virus infection.
- System update, etc.
Now the main question arises – How do I get my data back on my Nintendo switch?
Well, find the answer below by yourself!
How To Recover Deleted Save Data Nintendo Switch SD Card?
Solution #1: Nintendo Switch Recover Saved Game Using Ultimate Solution
If you do not have a backup and want to perform instant Nintendo Switch SD card recovery, then in such a case, you can try the Nintendo Switch SD Card Recovery Tool. This software has enough ability to execute Nintendo switch restore save data in SD card.
With the help of this SD card recovery software, one can:
- Recover lost or deleted game files from the Nintendo Switch SD card
- Retrieve corrupted game files, games screenshot or photos saved game from the Nintendo Switch SD memory card
- Also restore photos, videos, and audio files from all types of memory cards such as SD, SDHX, miniSD, microSD, microSDHC compatible with New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 2DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS, etc.
- 100% read-only. Safe, secure, and easy to use
The software is available for both Windows and Mac computers.
This Photo Recovery tool also recovers corrupted or unreadable game files as well as recorded video game files, video clips, movies, games screenshots, photos, and music or audio files from Nintendo Switch, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 2DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS SD memory card.
Note: We do not guarantee that this software will provide 100% recovery, however, you can try this tool for free as this tool is available for the trial version and it allows the user to preview recoverable files within the software in the preview screen.
Below learn the step-by-step guide on how to recover deleted game files from the Nintendo Switch SD card.
Solution 2: How To Recover Deleted Save Data Nintendo Switch Card Via Cloud Backup
If you are a Nintendo Switch user and have a Nintendo Switch Online membership active then only you can try this method.
However, if you are a Nintendo Switch user and want to recover deleted game data on Nintendo switch, follow the below ways.
Here I have listed the 3 ways that you can attempt to restore your saved save data from Switch cloud:
- You can download the backup from a software menu
- Automatic save the data download via Sleep Mode
- Download the backup from System Settings of Home menu
#1: How To Download Backup Games From A Software Menu:
- Choose a game icon on from a Home menu which you need to restore backup data.
- Now, press a -/+ button on a Joy-Con controller in order to open a software menu.
- Under a software menu of game, you need to choose Save A Data Cloud.
- Here, choose a user, >> tap on the Download A Save Data.
#2: How To Download Backup Game Files From A System Settings:
- First of all, from a Home menu, you have to choose System Settings.
- Now, select the Data Management and then Save A Data Cloud.
- There, select a user account >> choose a backup file that you wish to download.
- At this time, select the option Download A Save Data.
#3: How To Download Backup Game Files Via Automatic Save-Data Download Feature:
- Turn on the Internet & put a console in to a Sleep Mode.
- After doing so, this feature will automatically start downloading the backup game files.
- Now, wait till the backup is totally downloaded. Though it might take few minutes, then let a console be into a Sleep Mode.
Solution #3: Run CHKDSK
An essential data can lose from Nintendo Switch SD Card because of the sudden power failure or malware/virus infection and many more.
There are several issues, due to which you can lose your media files such as, pictures, videos, music, etc., from Nintendo Switch SD Card.
But, to make it accessible, you should try the CHKDSK command to fix the corrupted Nintendo Switch SD Card by using a command prompt. To do so, you need to follow the steps:
- Firstly, you have to open a Command Prompt as an administrator.
- In the next step, you have to type chkdsk /r /f X: and then press the “Enter” key. Now replace the letter X with the drive volume letter that turned RAW.
- In the last step, you have to detach and then reconnect the Nintendo Switch SD Card to access the Nintendo SD Card properly.
Does Nintendo Switch Automatically Save Game Progress?
Yes, the Nintendo Switch automatically saves games progress if the Automatic save-data download feature is enabled on Nintendo Switch. However, if this feature is turned off, then the game files and games screenshots will not save into it.
How Many Games Can You Save On Nintendo Switch?
The Nintendo Switch can save upto 10 game files in the individual slots & gives you the room for minor accessories too.
How Do You Recover Data From A Nintendo Switch?
In order to recover data from a Nintendo Switch SD card, you can use the most reliable SD card data recovery software mentioned here.
Do I Need Nintendo Online For Cloud Saves?
The answer is yes. To save the Cloud backup, you need to use the Nintendo Switch Online membership feature. But if the membership expires then you can start the new membership under 180 days in order to access your saved data on cloud backups.
Does Deleting Switch Game Delete Save Data?
No, deleting the Nintendo Switch game won't delete your saved data within it.
So, from the above solutions, I hope you were able to solve how to recover deleted save data Nintendo switch SD memory card.
However, if you do not have a backup of your game then, you must try Nintendo Switch Card Recovery Software.
Lastly, I hope the above-mentioned ways will definitely help you to recover deleted Nintendo switch data. So, I must say this article really helpful for you all.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.