How to perform Samsung external hard drive recovery? Just read this article till the end and get the best ways to bring your lost data back from Samsung hard drive with ease.
Samsung is a popular company which manufactures electronic gadgets such as Smartphones, TVs, Laptops, external hard drive, etc. But, if we talk about Samsung external hard drive specifically then it provides great quality, compact and reliable drive to store a large amount of data (photos, movies, music, etc.) as a backup.
Like other external hard drives, Samsung hard drive is also not free from data loss. There are huge probabilities that you may encounter data loss due to several reasons. So, if you have lost your media files and want to know how to recover data from Samsung external hard drive then follow the instructions mentioned below.
To recover deleted Samsung hard drive data, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
Can Data Be Recovered From Samsung External Hard Drive?
The short answer is “Yes”, until and unless data stored within the drive does not get overwritten.
In case, if your Samsung hard drive gets corrupt or somehow damaged and you can’t access your important data stored within it, then – how to retrieve data from Samsung external hard drive?
Well, in such a situation the best way to recover corrupt data from Samsung external hard drive is to use the appropriate Samsung Hard Drive Data Recovery tool.
Below, find out the best Samsung External hard drive recovery solutions!
Use Samsung External Hard Drive Recovery Tool To Restore Lost Samsung Drive Data
In order to recover deleted data from Samsung hard drive, I would like to recommend you to use Samsung External hard drive recovery. This tool will definitely help you to retrieve all the lost or deleted data external hard drive.
This program helps in easy restoration of deleted, formatted, corrupted, missing, and inaccessible videos, photos, and audios from any digital media device.
With the help of this features-loaded tool, you will be able to:
- Recover entire deleted/lost/corrupted/formatted data from Samsung or other external hard drives
- Rescue various file formats of audios, videos, photos, and raw image files.
- It restores data from various other storage devices like external hard disk, internal hard disk, memory cards, iPods, music players, USB device, and many others
- Retrieve all temporary and permanent deleted files and folders with ease
- 100% Safe, secure and easy to interface
- It supports both the platforms: Windows & Mac OS.
You can download and install this software as per your niche. So, what are you waiting for? Just install it and follow the step-by-step guide to get back erased Samsung hard drive data.
How to Recover Deleted Data From Samsung Hard Drive Without Software?
You can recover deleted data from Samsung hard drive without software by using the backup option. If you’re used to keeping backup on your PC then it is suggested that you should do Samsung data recovery from the recent backup.
Here, you can go through the steps to restore lost data from Samsung hard drive From Windows and Mac backup respectively:
Restore Backup From Windows PC
If you are a Windows user and want to recover your data from Windows PC backup then follow the below instructions:
- At first, open a Control Panel on the Windows PC.
- In the second step, you are required to navigate to System and Maintenance
- Then, go to Backup & Restore Section >> click on ‘Restore my files’ option.
- After that, tap on ‘Browse for files’ to select the files that you wish to restore.
- Lastly, navigate to a folder to restore the backup. Now the restoring process will start.
Restore Backup From Mac
If you are a Mac user and want to recover your data without software then follow the below instructions:
- First of all, start your Mac PC and while the startup disc is waking up, you need to hold down the Command and R keys together.
- Your Mac system will then boot into macOS Utilities, if it doesn’t start booting then try again.
- Next, you have to click on Disk Utility >> click on Continue.
- Then, you have to select the Mac’s hard drive >> tap on the Restore tab you can find on the top of the Disk Utility.
- After that, you have to select the external hard drive that your cloned backup is stored next to the ‘Restore From’.
- Now, you are required to select Mac’s hard drive just next to ‘Restore to’ and then click on Restore.
After performing these steps, your Mac system will restore the cloned backup and after restoring, restart the system again.
How To Fix Corrupted Samsung Hard Disk?
When your Samsung external hard drive is damaged and becomes not inaccessible, you can try the following methods to fix the error once all important data is recovered successfully:
Fix #1: Run Chkdsk To Repair Corrupt Samsung Hard Disk
To repair the corrupted hard drive, you can try the CHKDSK command. It is the Windows utility that can check the integrity of your external hard disk & troubleshoot countless file system issues such as bad sectors, directory errors, lost clusters, and more. Here are the easy steps that you can try to fix a corrupt hard drive using chkdsk:
Step 1: Simply, type in “cmd” in a search box & press Enter.
Step 2: Then, right-click on it & select the “Run as an Administrator” option.
Step 3: Now, type the “chkdsk *: /f” (replace * with your Samsung hard drive letter) in the Command Prompt window & hit Enter.
Fix #2: Format Samsung Hard Drive
If the above solution doesn’t work in your case then you can try to format Samsung external hard drive. This is the only solution left that can fix your damaged Samsung drive.
But do not forget that formatting the external hard drive will erase all the data from the external hard drive. So, it is better to have a backup first before you start formatting the drive.
Bonus Tip: Avoid Further Data Deletion on The Hard Drive
Solutions are always there, but you should be very careful while dealing with your hard drives. So, below I have listed some prevention tips by applying which you avoid data loss in the near future.
- Install antivirus software & keep your device updated.
- Always try to keep a backup of your important files in numerous locations.
- Do not try to remove the system files, as they could lead to a serious issue or data loss as well.
- Never open up suspicious folder emails and messages.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How Do I Recover Data From My Samsung External Hard Drive?
When files get deleted from your Samsung external hard drive, they are not disappeared immediately. Those stuffs are still present there on the drive until and unless they are not get overwritten by the new data. So, when you face such kind of data loss situation, then first of all you need to stop using your device. After doing so, you need to try the most reliable photo recovery software mentioned above.
What Are The Primary Reasons For Samsung Hard Drive Data Loss?
1. While formatting, sometimes people select the wrong partition on their hard drive by mistake, that is a significant cause of data loss. 2. Unexpected power interruption in data transfer sometimes leads to deleting data from Samsung external storage devices. 3. Wrong-way to remove device and malware/virus attacks is another big cause. 4. Virus scans are also a reason behind data loss because anti-virus software often deletes infected files.
Time To Sum Up
Now, as you got the suitable & perfect Samsung hard drive recovery solution, once you must try these methods to retrieve all your stuff from Samsung hard drive which had been lost from your hard disk.
So, you need not have to distress about losing your essential files because now you have a reliable and trusted Samsung External Hard Drive Recovery solution which definitely works for you.
I hope you liked this post…
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.