Find out the Simple Steps to Retrieve Lost, Missing, Deleted, Formatted AU Audio file
Summary – Lost your important Audacity AU files? Have you accidentally or intentionally deleted your .au audio files? Do you want to restore AU files? If “yes” then you have landed on the right webpage. With the use of Digital Media Recovery Tool, you can retrieve back your erased, missing, formatted AU files effectively.
Digital Media Recovery Tool, will help you:
- Retrieve back lost, deleted, formatted, missing AU Audio files from various media storage devices
- The software also restores other audio files like M4A, WAV, MP3, AMR, WMA, etc. Also, retrieve various video and photo file formats
- Support AU recovery from computer internal as ell external hard drive, USB flash drive, memory stick, pen drive, memory card, digital camera, mobile devices, etc
- Preview recoverable AU Audio files within software before you proceed to save them on your computer
- Read-only program, 100% clean, safe & easy to use
Download AU File Recovery Tool To Restore Deleted AU Audio Files
What is AU file formats?
AU is a file extension for a simple sound file format introduced by Sun Microsystems. The format is common on Sun, NeXT and DEC systems. This audio file format also known as the Sparc-audio or u-law format. AU file contains three parts – the audio data and text for a header (containing 24 bytes) and an annotation block.
This audio file format can be saved on media storage devices such as external hard disk, computer hard drive USB flash drive, memory cards, etc. However, people tend to lose or encounter AU file deletion due to several reasons. But now you can easily retrieve back your lost or deleted audio files with the use of appropriate AU Audio File Recovery Tool.
Additional Reading: How to Recover Deleted Photos, Videos & Audio from MacBook Air
Common mistakes For the Loss/Deletion of AU Audio Files
Loss of data can take place due to several reasons. Some mistakes are made by the user unintentionally due to which one may lose all the data from their system. Below you can have a look at some of the most common scenarios of losing AU audio files.
- Issues With Hardware: Hardware issues occur and due to this loss of data can happen and this results because of hosting system crash, due to power failure etc. So to decrease the risk of hardware failure, it is very important to keep your devices on protected environment and to use uninterrupted power supply.
- Formatting the Device: If your format the device accidentally then all the data that resides in the device will be automatically deleted or lost.
- Antivirus Issue: When your system has been infected with virus then it is possible that the data can be lost. This situation may take place when there is a failure to update the system with the latest antivirus software which may result data loss. If there is no solution available to fix the latest threats then this infection can also lead to loss of data.
- Unintentional Deletion Of Data: Whenever you delete any data from your camera such as photos, videos, etc then it is always advised to note that you have made a backup of that data and is no longer in use. If you have verified the data then delete the data which is must. But if you don’t have the proper backup then for recovery of data involves reinstallation of programs.
Additional Reading: MIDI File Recovery – Recover Deleted/Lost MIDI Audio Files on Windows/Mac
Best Manual And Automatic ways to Recover Deleted AU Audio Files
You can try some manual, solutions to recover AU Audio files. So, go through these manual steps one by one:
Sometimes it happens that the audio files you have saved in your system are hidden due to virus infection. You can do the following things to make your system virus free:
- Install Antivirus Software
- Connect your camera card to the system with the help of card reade
- Scan your memory card with the antivirus software
After performing these steps, you will notice that the audio files are now visible and can be easily accessed.
If you have a backup of deleted or lost audio files then you can easily restore or recover AU audio files from there. But before restoring the audio files, you have to look for the things like:
- Check if the backup is available there
- Make sure the data is not overwritten with the new data
- Check if the files are corrupted
These are the things you have to look for before you restore lost or deleted AU audio files from your system on Windows/Mac.
You can also use Command Prompt option to recover AU audio files from your system. Follow the steps below to start the recovery process:
- Open the command prompt by clicking the “Run” at the start menu of the computer. Now type “cmd” in the given text box.
- Now type the command “CHKDSK [driveletter] /r” in the command prompt. As for example, the SD card drive is “E” then you have to type “CHKDSK E: /r” command on the cmd. The command “CHKDSK” will check the specified disk for structural corruption. And the parameter “/r” will denote the command to recover the data it finds.
- After this, simply chose “Yes” and then CHKDSK will report back what it has done and you have to visit “My Computer” and check out your specified drive.
Automatic Solution: AU Audio File Recovery Tool
If after applying these three methods of recovery, you are unable to restore lost AU audio files then do not worry. You can try AU Audio File Recovery Tool. This tool has been specifically designed to retrieve AU audio files from system on Windows/Mac.
The steps involved in this recovery process can be seen below. The below steps are so easy to apply that anyone can easily apply it.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- WMA File Recovery – Recover Deleted WMA Audio Files
- How To Recover AIFF Audio Files
- RPS File: Recover and Restore Corrupted Deleted Audio Files
- AMR Audio File Recovery From SD Card
Steps to retrieve lost/deleted AU Audio File Media Storage Device
Step 1 – Install "Photo Recovery" software and launch it on your computer. Click on "Recover Photo, Audio & Video" tab to recover photos, videos and audio files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. All the hard drive and external media will be shown in the list. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on "Scan" button.
Step 3 – Once you click on "Scan" button the software will show that scanning is in progress. The software will search for all multimedia files from your selected drive or attached media.
Step 4 – After scanning, all the files that are found in the selected volume, hard disk or other storage media devices are listed. You can now select the files to preview them and then you can click on "Recover" button to finally save them on your computer.
If you have lost your AU audio files from your system then you can easily recover them back easily with the above methods mentioned above. There are several manual solutions available in the above sections that will help you a lot in recovering your lost or deleted Au audio files with an ease.
If you have found this post helpful and useful, then please do not forget to share it.