Well, I have decided to write a post on how to fix memory card error 1010. This is because after I went through many communities and forum sites, I found that there are several people using the memory card in digital cameras or camcorders are getting “memory card error 1010”. And they’re looking for a perfect solution to fix memory card error code 1010.
So, I am going to provide some easy and working solutions for them to fix memory card error 1010.
But before that, below you can see the real user’s example who faced this issue.
Everything was going as normal, running dnc from a CF card on OI-MC. Reposted a program and inserted the card, switched to “remote” mode, and now, all I get is a “memory card error 1010”, which I have not been able to track down in the book. I did try another card that was also working fine. Same error, so I am not leaning toward a bad card. Restarted machine, reformated card at the pc, still get the alarm. It might be easier to diagnose if I knew what the alarm was. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Occurring an error is very much annoying and is useful too. I am saying this because these card errors use to remind you that something is going wrong and you’ve to resolve such issue as soon as you can.
Before fixing this error first, it’s important to know the reasons behind the memory card errors. So, now it’s time to know the reasons for occurring such error.
Reasons Behind Corruption and Error Of Memory Card
The memory card errors can occur due to several causes. So, below I have listed the most common causes behind the occurrence of these errors, just have a look.
- Inadequate formatting of the memory card.
- Virus or malware attack.
- Due to the fault card reader.
- Inappropriate power failure or pulling out of the memory card without switching off the digital camera.
- Incorrect disk structure can lead to damage/corruption of the memory card.
- Battery low during the media files being transferred.
- Switching the digital camera when the camera is still writing files on the memory card.
So, these are the common reasons for memory card 1010 error. Now, it’s time to provide the best solution on how to repair memory card error 1010
How To Fix Memory Card Error 1010
Well, no matter whatever the reasons behind the memory card error or corruption are. However, there are some working methods available by using those you can easily resolve your issue.
So, below I have mentioned a few methods to fix memory card 1010 error. Just try them to fix this issue with ease.
Fix #1: Advanced System Restore Solution
To fix error code 1010 in the memory card, just follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, start your PC, then log in as an administrator.
- Next, click on Start button and select All Programs, System Tools, Accessories and then click on the System Restore.
- After that, in the new window, just choose the option “Restore my computer to an earlier time” and then click the Next.
- Then, choose the latest system restore point from “On this list, click restore point” list, after that click the Next.
- Again, click the Next on the confirmation window.
- Restarts your system when the restoration is completed.
If this fix won’t work, then try the next one.
Fix #2: Change A Drive Letter And Format The Memory Card
To change the drive letter and format memory card on the inaccessible storage device, simply follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you’ve to right-click to the inaccessible external hard drive, after that, choose the “Rename”
- Then you have to “Enter a new drive letter” for an inaccessible device to check whether your device is open or not.
- And if it does not work then, you need to right-click on “This PC/My Computer”
- Now, you have to choose the option “Manage”.
- After that, you’ve to click the “Disk Management” and then right-click on the inaccessible external hard drive and choose the “Format volume”.
Finally, you can rename and reset the hard drive just to clean up all the data on the drive and then make it accessible to save the data again.
Fix #3: Run The CHKDSK To Repair Memory Card Error 1010
Trying the above solutions, if you are unable to fix card error, then you can fix this issue by running the CHKDSK command. To do so, you have to follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you’ve to open the command prompt
- Now, then type the chkdsk /f c:
- Then replace c with the drive letter of the inaccessible hard drive
- Next, hit the ‘Enter’ key to run the checking processes.
- After finishing this, simply you’ve to type: Exit command, then hit the ‘Enter’ to finish the process.
After finishing the above steps, this will check and then fix fanuc memory card error 1010.
Ultimate Solution: Recover Files From Memory Card Using Memory Card Recovery Tool
You can ‘fix error code 1010 in memory card’ by following the above-mentioned solutions. But there is a huge possibility to lose media files from memory cards while fixing 1010 error.
Therefore, in such a situation, you can use the advanced program that is Memory Card Recovery Tool. This is the best software to recover deleted photos, videos and music from USB flash drive, memory cards, Pen drive, and other external storage devices that are corrupted due to any other reasons.
This tool support all types of image (PNG, JPG/JPEG, BMP, RAW, etc), videos (AVI, MP4, HD-MOV, MOV, MKV, etc) and audio file formats (AMR, WAV, FLAC, MP3, etc).
Steps To Recover Lost/Inaccessible Media Files From Memory Cards
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
Essential Tips To Prevent Memory Card Error and Damage
Below I have mentioned the tips to avoid further memory card corruption or error.
- Do not remove the memory card when turning on or off your digital camera.
- Never eliminate your memory card while saving or viewing images and videos.
- Stop adding new data on battery low.
- Do not save new data when memory card showing ‘full’
- You should not change the memory card when the camera is on.
- If various different memory cards get broken/damaged in one camera, you must suspect there is some issue with the digital camera.
- Always use big brand memory cards such as Panasonic, SanDisk, Sony, Kingston, Lexar, Olympus and more.
In this post, there is a listing of the most effective fixes to repair memory card error 1010. All the above-mentioned solutions are easy to use for anyone to resolve memory card error code 1010.
Apart from this, I have also mentioned the Memory Card Recovery Tool to recover files from corrupted SD cards, if you’ve found that all the essential data gets deleted while fixing memory card error 1010 fanuc.
Although, you have to follow the tips & tricks to avoid further memory card errors and corruption. And always make sure to scan your system with good antivirus software to prevent errors in the future.
Hopefully, you have found this post helpful to you.
Taposhi is an expert technical writer with 5+ years of experience. Her in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. She has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.