Summary: Lost or accidentally deleted files on iXpand flash drive? This article will give you the step-by-step guide on how to recover deleted files from SanDisk iXpand flash drive efficiently with the help of suitable iXpand flash drive data recovery tool.
Photo Recovery software is one of the perfect and most appropriate iXpand flash drive recovery tool. With the help of this tool, you can:
- Recover deleted, lost, missing digital media files like photos, videos and audio from SanDisk iXpand flash drive.
- Restore media files from formatted, unrecognized, virus infected, corrupted, dead, damaged and locked iXpand flash drive.
- Also retrieve deleted multimedia files from other USB flash drives, memory cards, hard disks, digital cameras and other media storage devices.
* Free version of the program only scans and previews recoverable objects.
SanDisk iXpand flash drive is specifically made for iPhone and iPad. It helps you to easily transfer photos and videos between your iPhone, iPad, Mac and PCs. It helps you to free up iPhone and iPad internal memory and instantly expand the storage upto 128GB.
Benefits of SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive
- It is compatible with different OS such as iOS devices like iPhone and iPad, Windows and Mac Computers.
- You can use iXpand flash drive to sync and backup important data of your iPhone or iPad.
- Free up iPhone/iPad memory and you can use iXpand flash drive as external storage.
- High speed transfer rate that allow you to transfer files very quickly between iPhone & iPad.
- Lightning and USB connectors make it very comfortable for moving pictures and videos between iOS devices.
- Backup photos and videos automatically.
- Play music and videos directly from the drive
- Password protects your important and precious files.
Though SanDisk iXpand has so many advantages, but still there is a drawback and that is data loss issue.
For example let us take real user scenario:
Ixpand not detected
I bought a 32GB Ixpand (the smaller thin one) and it initially worked on my iphone 6s and my wife’s. We put hundreds of important pictures on it and then used the app to delete those pictures off the iphones. A few weeks later (and still today) everytime I try to plug it into the iphone 6s it gives a message “Ixpand would like to communicate with the sandisk ixpand flash drive” so I select “Allow”, and then the app opens up and gives an error message “Failed to connect to ixpand drive. Please remove and reattach.” I do that, remove and reattach but nothing is ever detected.
It also does not show up on my macbook or other PC’s that I’ve tried. So now I have hundreds of important photos that have been deleted off our iphones and I am not able to access them on the flash drive. HELP!
– Original Post From SanDisk Forums
Beside above example other causes for the loss or deletion of files from SanDisk flash drive are mentioned below.
Common Causes for the Loss or Deletion of Files on iXpand Flash Drive
- Formatting iXpand flash drive.
- Accidental deletion.
- Virus attack.
- Forgot password of flash drive.
However, you don’t have to worry about the data loss on iXpand flash drive. Fortunately, there are iXpand troubleshooting is available through which you can easily get back lost or deleted iXpand flash drive data.
Additional Reading: Complete Steps To Fix ‘USB Drive Detected But Not Accessible’ Issue
Below, you can find out those SanDisk iXpand flash drive data recovery solution.
Recover Data From iXpand Flash Drive Without Formatting
In case, if your flash drive does not get detected from your PC or if it display any error messages such as iXpand unsupported format error or iXpand not working, then you can apply CMD command to fix and recover data from SanDisk iXpand flash drive without formatting.
SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive File Recovery from Backup
If you have already backed up files from iPhone, iPad to SanDisk iXpand flash drive and accidentally deleted files on iPhone or iPad, then you can easily get back your files from the backup that you have already taken on the iXpand flash drive.
If you have backup files from iPhone or iPad to flash drive, but accidentally formatted the drive, then you can go back to iPhone or iPad, connect iXpand flash drive to it and transfer all files from it to your flash drive again. You can also set-up to sync data to SanDisk iXpand flash drive automatically on your iPhone or iPad after connecting the flash drive.
Additional Reading: Learn To Fix/Remove “Read Only” Error of USB, SD Card & Hard Drive
SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Data Recovery Without Backup
If you have accidentally deleted important files on your SanDisk iXpand flash drive and also deleted the files on your iPhone or iPad and do not have any backup, then you can try Photo Recovery software – the most suitable and recommended SanDisk iXpand data recovery tool. It will help you to retrieve lost, deleted, erased or missing digital media files such as photos, videos and audio files from SanDisk iXpand flash drive.
Whether you have permanently deleted the data, formatted the flash drive, got infected with virus and files got corrupted, locked the flash drive and forgot the password or iXpand flash drive is not recognized – in all such cases this data recovery software for SanDisk iXpand flash drive restore all the multimedia files effectively.
Note: Stop using the SanDisk iXpand USB flash drive as and when you delete or lose data on it. If you add any new data on it, then deleted files will get overwritten and you will lose the chance for recovering files.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- [Fixed]: “Windows was Unable to Complete the Format” Error on USB, Memory Card & Hard Drive
- [Solved]: USB Drive Error “Please Insert A Disk Into Removable Disk”
- SanDisk Cruzer USB Drive Data Recovery on Mac/Windows
- How To Recover RAW USB Drive Data on Windows/Mac?
Steps To Recover Lost/Deleted Files From SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive
Step 1 – Install “Photo Recovery’ tool and launch it. Click on “Recover Photo, Audio & Video” tab to recover images, songs and videos files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. The external media will be shown in the list, if not then click on “Refresh Drive” button. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on “Scan Now”. If you want to customize the recovery on the basis of file types then click on “Advance Scan”.
Step 3 – In the Advanced Scan you will have the option to scan as per to the file list, such as Photo, Video and audio or you can also select the data range from the storage device. This option reduces the scanning process time.
Step 4 – Once you click on “Scan Now” button the software will show that scanning is in process. The recovered files listed in a tree structure on the left side of the window panel.
Step 5 – After scanning, you can select the files to preview them and then you can click on “Recover” button to finally save them on your computer.
Step 6 – Select the desired location on your computer to save the recovered files. The screenshot shows that the recovered files are being saved.
Bonus Tips: Backup and Restore Files Using the app iXpand Flash Drive
The Backup and Restore option from the Home Screen help you to perform various tasks. Simply click on the “Backup & Restore” option from the Home screen. You will see the screen with the following option as shown in the image below:
These options help you to perform:
- Back Up & Restore Photo Library to the iXpand Flash Drive
- Back Up & Restore photos from Social Media accounts to the iXpand Flash Drive
- Back Up & Restore Contacts to the iXpand Flash Drive
Bonus Tips Source: SanDisk® Global Customer Care
So, from the above solutions mentioned in the post have helped you to recover lost or deleted files from the iXpand SanDisk flash drive. Among them the most satisfied and recommended solution is to use Photo recovery software.