Complete Guide to Recover Deleted or Lost Data From Thunderbolt External Hard Drive:
Have you lost your data such as photos, videos and music files from your Thunderbolt External Hard Drive? Looking for a solution to retrieve them back? If YES then you can easily get them back with Thunderbolt Hard Drive Recovery Tool. This tool will help you:
- Get Back deleted or lost data such as photos, videos and music files from external hard with an ease
- Recover lost photos, videos and music files also from different memory card types
- Retrieves photos, videos and music files of different file formats
- See preview of recovered files and select the files you want to recover
- Provides easy to use interface
I’m looking for the best compromise in terms of portable external drives. From what I gathered the fastest is obviusly Thunderbolt + SSD, however the pricing is really painful. Is it worth the cost? Especially that the storage is obv not that big and at first I was aiming for a 1TB to even 2TB (WD Passport)…
I know the speed difference between Thunderbolt and usb 3.0 is fairly insignificant in HDD drives, and I think I’m considering this combination, but I’d really appreciate if it would be fairly silent, does anybody could recommend sth? I’d use it on a daily basis I’m afraid to keep my computer fairly clean. WD, Seagate, LaCie? I’m clueless, it’s kind of hard to decide on anything. I was close to buying a WD, but on this forum there appear to be quite a number of people who suffered of failure of these drives which makes me even more unsure.
Help much appreciated!
Well, this is one of the annoying situations that many users encounter when they lose important data. Thunderbolt Hard Drive is one of the most famous hard drives used mostly by Mac users. It has enough storage capacity (storage upto 20TB), portable and data transfer speed is good. Apart from these advantages data on Thunderbolt drive may get Lost/Deleted in several ways.
Scenarios Responsible for Data Loss:
There are many reasons that might result in loss of data from hard drive, memory card or other storage media. Sometime they are faced due to any kind of error or sometime unintentionally. Here we have described some of the common reasons faced by the users in daily life intentionally or unintentionally.
- The external hard drive start showing not formatted error or RAW drive error.
- Due to sudden power failure or unexpected system shutdown may result in data loss or corruption.
- Also due to accidental deletion of files and folders
- Formatting the device without keeping backup
- The virus or malware attack may also result in data loss.
- External hard drive bad sectors will disable you to access files on the disk.
- The file system which is used to store data gets corrupted because of improper handling which makes the data inaccessible
- External hard drive become inaccessible or the show access denied error
- Due to USB data line failure
- System or system built-in driver’s conflicts can cause the data loss situation.
These are the common reasons due to which the data stored in the Thunderbolt hard drive become inaccessible. So if you are looking to recover the entire media files then follow the below-given ways.
How to Recover Media files from Thunderbolt External Hard Drive
If you are looking to restore deleted data from Thunderbolt Hard Drive, then very firstly you need to stop using the hard drive as this will overwrite the entire data stored in it and it become impossible to restore data in future.
Now follow some ways that will help you to recover the lost, deleted data from the hard drive easily.
- Restore Media Files from Backup
Well, it is always recommended to keep a valid backup of your important files and folder. This is very helpful to prevent the data loss situation in future. So, if you are having the valid backup of your data then retrieve the lost, deleted, inaccessible or corrupted Thunderbolt Hard Drive data from backup easily.
- Recover Data from Hidden Files:
In some cases the data become inaccessible or gets concealed due to any kind of virus or malware in your device. The nasty malware or viruses hide the data stored in it. So, check for the hidden data and recover it by scanning your system with the good antivirus program.
- Fix Errors in the External Hard Drive
If your external hard drive is showing any kind of formatted or RAW error, then this can also be the reason behind data becoming inaccessible. So, to recover data very firstly try to fix the error and as soon as the error is fixed the data stored in it become accessible.
- Make use of the Hard Drive Data Recovery Software:
You can make use of the best professional recommended Thunderbolt Hard Drive Data Recovery Software. This allows you to repair any sort of issues, corruption as well as errors in the hard drive, memory card, USB drive and other storage media. With the help of this you can easily restore deleted, formatted, corrupted, missing and inaccessible videos, photos and audios from any digital media devices.
You May be Also Interested In:
- eSATA External Hard Drive Data Recovery on Mac/Windows!!!
- Firewire External Hard Drive Data Recovery on Mac/Windows!!!
- SSD Hard Drive Data Recovery on Mac/Windows
Steps to retore lost/deleted data from Thunderbolt Hard Drive
Step 1 – Install “Digital Media Recovery’ tool and launch it. Click on “Recover Photo, Audio & Video” tab to recover images, songs and videos files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. The external media will be shown in the list, if not then click on “Refresh Drive” button. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on “Scan Now”. If you want to customize the recovery on the basis of file types then click on “Advance Scan”.
Step 3 – In the Advanced Scan you will have the option to scan as per to the file list, such as Photo, Video and audio or you can also select the data range from the storage device. This option reduces the scanning process time.
Step 4 – Once you click on “Scan Now” button the software will show that scanning is in process. The recovered files listed in a tree structure on the left side of the window panel.
Step 5 – After scanning, you can select the files to preview them and then you can click on “Recover” button to finally save them on your computer.
Step 6 – Select the desired location on your computer to save the recovered files. The screenshot shows that the recovered files are being saved.
Tips to remember
Well, anyone can face the data loss situation. However it is also highly essential to prevent this by following some helpful tips in our regular life and avoids losing our precious data. Here we have discussed some important tips that you need to follow:
- Most importantly always make regular backup of your important files or folders to prevent the data loss situation in future.
- Try to avoid unexpected system shutdown and fix the power supply issue
- Don’t remove the files when file transfer process is on progress
- Scan your device completely to avoid harmful viruses or malware program
- Never avoid any type of warning message because this can also be the reason for data loss
Hope this article will help you to recover the deleted data from the Thunderbolt external hard drive and also how to prevent it in future.
We hope you will not face this type of issue in future but if in case accident occurs suddenly, then apply the skills described here and overcome the data loss situation easily.
If you have found this post helpful and useful, then please do not forget to share it.