Generally, the QuickTime player can play both the video file formats – M4V & MOV files smoothly. Though, when there is any software changes that take place like the upgrade of the QuickTime, installation, uninstallation, or some other conflicts might cause unexpected errors and issues while playing a media file. So, today in this post, I am going to discuss one such error related to QuickTime which is “QuickTime Error 23132 with M4V files”.
To repair QuickTime Error 23132 with M4V files, we recommend this tool:
This software will repair flickery, stuttery, jerky, unplayable videos and supports all popular video formats. Now repair your corrupt and broken videos in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Video Repair Tool rated Great on Pcmag.com.
- Click Add File to add the video you want to repair.
- Select Repair to start the repair process and save the repaired video on the desired location after the repair is done.
What Is The QuickTime Error 23132? How This Error Takes Place?
The “QuickTime Error 23132 with M4V files” occurs when the desired operation fails or any unexpected circumstance happens with the Windows system file. This issue may take place due to several unforeseen reasons. So below, I have mentioned some of the major factors that are responsible for causing this QuickTime error:
- Virus infection/malware
- QuickTime Damage
- QuickTime related to file Deletion
- Corrupt/damaged Windows Registry
- Unfinished Installation of the QuickTime Application
- Due to the Damage Windows system file
Fix QuickTime Error 23132 With M4V Files Using Best Tool
Well, if any issue takes place in the video of any file format such as FLV, M4V, AVCHD, MP4, AVI, etc, you can try Video Repair Tool. This software has the ability to solve any bad quality video issues. And, it has all the features & specifications that any best repair tool used to offer their users.
- Easily repairs severely corrupted, choppy, jerky, inaccessible, or even broken video files
- It can fix all video file formats such as MP4, AVI, F4V, M4V, AVCHD, MPEG, WMV, FLV
- Offers to preview the repaired files before saving them in your preferred folder
- 100% trusted & safe and easy to use
The best thing about this program is that it is available for both; Windows as well as Mac respectively.
The steps available to repair corrupt video files are so easy that you don’t even need any technical knowledge. You can just look at the screenshots & then try the easy steps to repair QuickTime Error 23132 with M4V files in no time.
Step 1: Download, install and launch Video Repair software on your system. Click on 'Add Files' to add corrupted video files.
Step 2: Click on 'Repair' button to begin the repairing process. This start repairing your added video files one by one.
Step 3: You can click on 'Preview', in order to preview the repaired video file within the software and click on 'Save Repaired Files' button to save the repaired videos at desired location.
Manual Solutions to Resolve QuickTime Error 23132 With M4V Files
Below I have mentioned all the possible ways to resolve QuickTime Error 23132 with ease. So, once try them.
Method #1: Run the Disk Cleanup
Lots of junk and cache gets collected on your PC from using a web & general system use. Cleaning those junks and cache data will improve your system’s performance and help you in fixing the ‘QuickTime error 23132’ issue.
For this, you can try the regular Disk Cleanup tool to solve this issue. To perform the Disk Cleanup, you need to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, go to the Start & then type the ‘command’ in a Search box
- Tap and hold the Shift + Control, after that hit the Enter
- Next, type ‘cleanmgr’, then again hit the Enter
- After that, it will calculate how much of the space you can free up so that the Clean Manager will show the details
- At last, check the boxes for the categories that you need to clean-up & click the Ok.
Method #2: Use The System Restore To Simply Undo Any Recent Changes
To do so, just try the below easy steps:
Step 1: Just open the Control Panel then, choose the option System & Security
Step 2: After that, click on the System and then choose System Protection link
Step 3: Next, make a tap on the System Restore
Step 4: Now, follow on-screen commands and choose the restore point to simply restore the computer
After completing these steps, this will undo the recent changes that might be causing QuickTime error.
Method #3: Update the Device Drivers
Another option that you can try to fix this issue is updating the device drivers. To fix QuickTime Error 23132 with M4V files’, you have to simply update the device driver by following these instructions:
- Firstly, click on the Windows + X, then select the Device Manager
- Next, expand a required category & find out the name of the device
- After this, make right-click on the device & then click on the Update Driver
- Finally, choose the Search automatically for updated driver software option
The above steps will surely help to update the drivers. Though, if you are not able to update the drivers, then make right-click on the device under the Device Manager. After that, you have to click on the Uninstall. Now, reboot your system to reinstall them automatically.
Method #4: Perform The Clean Install Of Windows
If the above solutions fail to troubleshoot QuickTime Error 23132 with M4V files, then you might have to reinstall the Windows completely. This process can be performed either using the Windows installation disc or from a recovery menu.
After completing the reinstallation process, try to play your M4V video file in the QuickTime Player.
Method #5: Perform The SFC Scan To Repair This Error
SFC is the scan that helps to fix damaged or corrupt system files. Performing this scan will definitely resolve minor errors including the ‘QuickTime error 23132’. Here are the steps, to do so:
Step 1: Press the Windows + X together and choose the Command Prompt (Admin)
Step 2: Once the command prompt opens, type ‘SFC /scannow’
Step 3: Wait for the scan to complete as it may take a while and then restart your computer to see if you can play the video files
Method #6: Reinstall the Graphics Driver
If the above ways not able to fix this problem then, the issue must be related to the bad graphics driver. So, just follow the below steps to repair QuickTime error:
- Go to the Device Manager
- Then, find graphics driver
- After that, right-click on video card driver and then tap on uninstall option
- At this time, you need to restart your PC.
Time to Verdict
After going through the whole blog, now you have definitely come to know how to fix QuickTime Error 23132 with M4V files easily.
You can easily go through with the different manual ways or you can also solve your problem by using Video Repair Tool which mentioned in this blog to resolve QuickTime Error 23132 issue.
Last but not the least, if you have liked this post then do not forget to share it with your friends and family members…
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.