To perform Kodak KDC file recovery, you can try the primary option that is backup (if you’ve kept a backup of your lost KDC pictures). However, in the absence of backup, you can try the powerful KDC image recovery software to recover your Kodak KDC image file. There’re some other ways also mentioned in this article which you can try to get back lost .kdc photos from Kodak camera easily.
So, continue reading this article…
To recover deleted KDC files on PC, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
Is It Possible To Recover Deleted Or Lost KDC Pictures From Kodak Camera Card?
Yes, of course, it is possible to recover lost or deleted KDC pictures through backup or you can try the best Photo recovery tool mentioned in this post.
But remember one thing, you can retrieve your lost KDC pictures using this program until and unless those photographs aren’t overwritten by new data.
About Kodak KDC Image File
Kodak Camera is best to capture photos and most of the gadgets store photos in .kdc file format. Kodak digital camera played a very important role in digital camera models; it most widely used for photography the individuals, as well as the professional, prefer to go for this. This is something that is desired for photography and one of the best gadgets for capturing images.
The captured images are stored in the format of KDC or .kdc file format on both the internal as well as external storage devices. KDC is a file extension that is associated with Kodak Digital camera and it stores the digital photo in 24-bit color RAW image format.
The .kdc pictures are the RAW images that are created on the Kodak camera type like digital, compact, DSLR, etc. But apart from all these, there are many instances when the KDC files get removed or deleted from the Kodak Camera.
Reasons For KDC Image File Loss From The Kodak Camera:
Below are some of the major causes that lead to KDC image file deletion. So, go through them one by one and know how you can prevent the deletion of images from your storage device.
- By mistakenly selecting the Delete All option or deleting the pictures when the camera is connected on the Windows system will also delete the files even from the recycle bin folder.
- Virus infection or Malware attack to SD card on Kodak camera or connecting the camera to virus infected system will corrupt the card or makes the files inaccessible.
- Abruptly removing the card will eventually lead the photos missing or corrupted.
- While transferring photos from camera to PC, a sudden Power cut may delete the photos.
- Or by using the same memory card of Kodak Camera on different gadgets, by capturing pictures when the battery is not sufficient.
- Accidentally formatting the memory card or file system corruption.
How To Recover Deleted KDC Photos?
Well, I have already mentioned that using Kodak KDC File Recovery Tool, you will be able to recover deleted KDC photos, so just try it now.
This recovery tool is the best software and effectively recovers the deleted or missing images. It is the best tool to recover lost/deleted photos, videos from digital cameras.
With the help of this photo recovery tool, you will be able to:
- Recover all file formats of RAW images like KDC, CR2, SRF, ORF, NEF, PEF and many other
- Restore other media files like JPEG, JPG, IMG, TIFF, BMP, GIF, PIC, PSD, PNG, AVI, MOV, DIVX, MPEG, MP4, MPG, MP3, AIFF, M4A, AMR, WAV, etc.
- Retrieve lost media files from other storage media like USB flash drive, portable hard drives, system hard disk, memory cards, Memory Stick and other external storage devices
- Photo Recovery can be done on other brands of camera like Sony, Panasonic, Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Samsung, Fujifilm, etc DSLR and SLR camera models
- Compatible with both Windows /Mac OS
- Rescue data from the external as well as internal storage media
It is the easiest recovery tool and can recover any type of files including videos, photos, audio, podcast RAW images, and many others from digital cameras, camcorders, iPods, mobile phones, and many other digital devices on Mac OS X and Windows.
The Kodak KDC File Recovery software also recovers files from many other storage devices including memory cards, USB drives, external hard drives, hard drives, Mac Volumes, digital multimedia players, etc.
Now, let’s have a look at the steps to recover deleted photos…
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
Other Alternatives To Recover Deleted KDC Images
Solution #1: Recover From Backup Option
If you have a backup of your data including the KDC images, then you can easily restore from there. Yes, for this, you can simply go to the Backup Folder in your system and then find the files there that you want to get back.
Simply right-click on those KDC images and click on Restore option. This will start the procedure to restore those files to the desired location.
Solution #2: How To Recover Deleted KDC Files On PC Using Attrib Command?
Most of the time, it may happen that you accidentally delete the file from the device. In such a situation, you can try the below steps to restore deleted files including KDC pictures easily;
- Simply press the Windows + R keys at the same time >> type the CMD.
- Under a popup window, you need to type the below path and hit Enter:
[chkdsk “drive letter” /f].
- press Y until a command line begins again.
- Now, type a drive letter & press Enter.
- At this time, type in the path: [drive letter : \ >attrib –h –r –s /s /d *.*].
- Finally, all your lost KDC image files will be restored to the storage device.
Solution #3: Restore KDC Images From Recycle Bin & Trash Bin Folder
You can also try another option which is to restore from Recycle Bin & Trash Bin option if you have ever transferred your Kodak KDC pictures on your system (Window or Mac). For this, you can simply go to the Recycle Bin & Trash Bin Folder in Windows and Mac system respectively.
After this, you can select the files there that you want to restore. After selecting the images, you can right-click on them and select Restore option to do Kodak KDC file recovery.
Where Do Deleted Photos Actually Go?
When any of your data including photos get deleted from the digital device then they are not gone forever. The lost stuffs are physically present on storage media, only their addresses are lost. That’s why there is a chance to recover missing pictures and other data using data recovery software that have not been overwritten yet.
How Do I Access Kodak KDC Files?
You can easily access the KDC files directly via your Kodak digital camera that you have used to capture KDC photos. Otherwise, you can also use your Kodak camera SD card to access your KDC pictures by using a PC. Here is how you can do so: • At first, connect your Kodak camera SD card to the system with the help of a card reader. • In the second step, make a tap on a ‘My Computer’. • Then, select the ‘Removable Disk’. • Here you’ll find all your data including KDC images that you have captured using the Kodak digital camera.
Is There Any Free Software To Recover Kodak KDC Photos?
Yes, of course, there are some freemium software available like Recuva and Disk drill using which you can recover Kodak KDC image files for free.
How Do I Convert KDC To JPG?
In order to convert your KDC image to JPG file format, just try the below easy steps: • First, open the Paint tool on your PC >> press the CTRL + O in order to open your uploaded KDC file. • Go to a menu bar >> tap on the option Save As. • There, you will get one popup window, choose JPEG in an extension dropdown. • Lastly, just name the file, press the save & convert your KDC file to JPG/JPEG image.
If you have lost your KDC photos from Kodak digital camera then do not worry at all. I am saying so because here from this blog, you can easily recover deleted KDC photos in no time.
Well, the best option you can try is to use Kodak KDC File Recovery Tool. This tool has the capability to restore lost or deleted images from Kodak camera.
Apart from that, you can also try to restore from the Backup option, attrib command, Recycle Bin & Trash Bin folder, etc.
Hope this blog will definitely work for you to restore lost KDC images from storage devices.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.