Are you unable to access pictures or videos from your memory stick? Have you accidentally deleted valuable or memorable photos/videos/audios from memory stick? Want a perfect way to perform memory stick data recovery with ease? If YES then do not worry, just go through this blog and get the perfect solution to recover memory stick files.
Sometimes, it happens that your memory stick has been corrupted and due to this, you are unable to access media files from there. However, if this is the reason then you should definitely read this blog to get the perfect memory stick recovery methods.
To recover deleted files from memory stick, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
Is It Possible To Retrieve Data From Memory Stick?
Yes, it is possible to retrieve data from USB Memory Stick.
Actually, when you delete files from a memory stick, the file system won’t remove data permanently. The deleted files remain on the memory card unless and until it is being replaced by the new files. Adding new data can overwrite the earlier data stored in the storage device and thus reduces your chances to recover data from it.
But with the help of a powerful data recovery tool as mentioned below you can easily recover data from USB memory stick.
Best Tool To Recover Files From Memory Stick
Nowadays, there are several options are available to recover photos & videos from damaged memory stick. But the best option that you can try is to use the Memory Stick Data Recovery Tool. With the help of this tool, you will be easily able to recover pictures from memory stick. It completely scans the device and after that recover data from memory stick without losing any original files.
Below find out its more awesome features like:
- Get back media files from other external storage devices like flash drive, memory stick, external hard drive, hard disks and more
- Recover lost data from different types of memory cards like CF, XD, SD, MMC, Micro SD card and many others.
- Retrieve deleted photos JPG, JPEG, WMF, PSP, PSD, PIC, PNG, GIF, BMP, TGA, SID, QFX, TIFF, WPG, etc easily.
- Restore lost videos files such as AVI, MOV, MPEG, MPG, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, RM, M4V, and many others
- RAW images files (DNG, NEF, CR2, SR2, CRW, ORF, ARW, PEF, MRW, 3FR) recovery is also possible
- Easily rescue music files like MP3, MP4, M4b, WAV, MIDI, AIFF, AIF, AMR, M4A, etc
- Recover data from memory stick for a digital camera of brands like Nikon, Canon, Samsung, or Olympus
By following the step-by-step guide of this feature-loaded tool, you can recover data from damaged USB stick effectively.
How To Recover Deleted Files From Flash Drive Without Software?
Backing up data is a calm process that can help you to avoid important data loss in the future. With the help of backup of your files, you can do a data recovery memory stick without software. But make sure that backup is updated, not corrupted or damaged.
Therefore, it’s always recommended that you should keep valid backups of your essential files on a regular basis.
How To Use CMD To Recover Lost Or Deleted Files From Memory Stick?
By using the attrib command, you can recover deleted photos from memory stick. But make sure that you do not make even a single mistake while trying this memory stick photo recovery option. To do so, you can try the following steps:
- First, plug in a pen drive to your system
- After that to go to the Start menu
- Type ‘cmd’ in a search bar and hit the Enter key
- Now, you can see ‘exe’ under a program’s list.
- Next, right-click on ‘exe’ and then there you will get the command windows that allow you to restore files that are not showing
- Type the ‘attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:\*.*’, for example, ‘attrib -h -r -s /s /d G:\*.*’
Note: Simply replace G with a letter of the external storage drive where you erased media files.
Connect Memory Stick To Another Device To Do USB Stick Recovery
When your memory card gets damaged or corrupted, then you cannot access the media files from it completely. Even the system is not able to read the memory stick because of driver-related problems or incompatibility issues.
In this situation, you should once connect your memory stick to another device and see whether it is accessible or not. If so then you can easily restore photos and videos from memory stick.
How To Recover Deleted Items From Memory Stick By Reinstalling The Driver
You can also try reinstalling the driver to do memory stick data recovery effectively. Sometimes, it happens that because of driver issues, your memory stick becomes damaged and as a result, you are unable to access the data.
To, do so, you need to perform the following steps:
- First of all, you have to go to and right-click on My Computer or This PC. Now click on the option “Manage”.
- After this, click the Device Manager option you get on the left side.
- Now, simply double-click on the option “Disk Drivers” from the list and then right-click on the name of the removable drive.
- After this, you have to disconnect the storage media and then restart the PC.
- Last, but not the least, reconnect the memory stick again and your PC will then detect it easily.
What Are The Most Common Reason For Losing Files From Memory Stick?
Below you can see the most common causes that can lead to memory stick data loss.
- Wrongly delete files in a memory stick
- Unintentionally format the USB memory stick
- Damage due to the power failure
- Sudden system shutdown or application failure
- Viruses/malware infection or corruption in a memory stick
- Other unfamiliar reasons
How Do You Prevent Data Loss From Memory Stick?
- Don’t remove your memory stick/card during saving or viewing
- Don’t change your memory stick while the camera is ON
- Remember not to remove memory card at the time of switching on/off camera
- Avoid using fake memory cards and always try to use branded one like Sony, SanDisk, Kingston, Olympus, Panasonic, etc
- Avoid using your camera when the battery is low
People Also Ask
Using a memory stick is a common thing for those who have a large amount of data. But sometimes, it happens that the data saved in it gets corrupted due to some specific reason. So, to overcome this issue, here I tried my best to provide you the best solutions to recover photos and videos from memory stick with ease.
You can try several methods to restore lost media files from memory stick one after another and find which is effective for you. So, try the Memory Stick Data Recovery right now and get back lost pictures and videos from damaged memory stick easily. All the best to you to recover memory stick data with ease…
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.