It is a painful experience to lose memorable MPEG footage or videos from data storage drives, and we’re sorry you are also facing it. But there is nothing to worry about anymore, here we will provide you the possible solutions to recover deleted MPEG videos in easy ways.
So, without much delay, let’s get started…
Is It Possible To Recover Deleted MPEG/MPG Videos?
Yes, of course, it is possible to recover MPEG files from external storage media.
Now, you must be thinking how…?
Well, you can recover deleted MPEG videos by using the best MPEG Recovery Software.
However, if you’ve created a backup of your disappeared .mpg videos on another storage media or PC before their deletion, you can get them back through the backup folder.
What Are MPEG Videos?
MPEG stands for Moving Pictures Experts Group. It is a standard format set for audio and video file transmission that coding video rate is about 1.5 million bits per second. So, is highly used by people to capture and store videos of the best quality on their storage devices or cards.
But sometimes these MPEG files get unapproachable or lost for any reason like accidental deletion, unfortunate formatting or any sort of virus attack that does not let you access your system or digital camera.
You may become disappointed because of losing your precious videos and you might think that those recorded videos are lost permanently.
Reasons for MPEG File Lost or Inaccessiblilty:
- Unfortunate system storage formatting: This is the very common issue of unfortunate formatting on your system drive or storage card that deletes your files from the present location on your operating system.
- Accidental Deletion: While performing multitasks on your operating system whether it is MAC or Windows, a person can mistakenly delete MPEG video files. This may make your file inaccessible.
- Operating System Crash: Sudden power failure or hang-ups, your system may lose possession of acting normal and unfortunately lead to crash or boot failure.
- MPEG file Corruption: During MPEG file transfer from memory card to storage drive of your system, these files get corrupt due to improper transfer of data files or system shut down in the mid of the process leading to MPEG file corruption.
- Virus Attack: While downloading files from the internet your MPEG files get infected by viruses and malware. Despite having an anti-virus program your system sometimes doesn’t act on several severe third-party tools and acts, this leads to data loss or inaccessibility.
- Hardware Failure: Sometime your system hardware may not react according to your need and get failure due to improper system maintenance.
How To Recover Deleted MPEG Videos?
Follow the below methods one after another to bring the lost .mpeg/mpg files back with or without software.
Solution 1: Use Best Video Recovery Tool To Get Back Lost MPG Footages
As I have already mentioned that to recover MPEG files, you can use MPEG File Recovery Software, so just go ahead with this solution.
This video recovery tool has been specially designed to restore deleted videos, images, and audio file formats. One can recover all file formats of image, video, and audio including raw files as well.
Not only this, here, you will also get to know what are MPEG video files and what causes their unintentional deletion.
With the help of MPEG File Recovery Tool, you will also:
- Recover highly damaged or corrupted MPEG video files and even fixes password protected MPEG-4 video files effectively
- Restore different formats of video files like AVI, MOV, MPEG, MPG, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, RM, M4V, and many others
- Also retrieve all formats of audio files, photos, RAW images easily.
- Rescue files from various storage media like external hard drives, flash drives, external hard drives, memory cards, iPods, etc.
- Recover video files from SDHC cards as well as other external storage devices like SD cards, memory cards, external hard drives, etc
- File Recovery can be done from various types of memory cards like CF, XD, SD, MMC, Micro SD card, etc.
- Compatible with both Windows/Mac OS
This tool is compatible with both the platforms; Windows as well as Mac, so no matter which platform are you using. You can try it as per your niche.
Below, you can look at the steps to recover deleted MPEG files:
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
Solution 2: Recover Deleted MPEG Videos From Backup Option
Many users used to keep their important pictures, videos, or other stuff in different locations besides their devices.
Thus, if you have lost your important MPEG files but saved them somewhere else before their deletion then you can easily restore MPEG files from the backup folder.
So, it is necessary to take a backup of your precious data on a regular basis for easy restoration.
Solution 3: Use Attrib Command To Perform MPEG Recovery
Apart from backup and .mpeg recovery tool, there is another yet option that is the attrib command. Yes, by using the attrib CMD command you can restore lost movies or clips easily
Here is how you can easily do so:
- Launch CMD >> Run It As Administrator.
- Next, type the chkdsk *: /f (here, replace * by a drive letter of your storage media).
- Now, press “Y” >> type the below command
D: \ > attrib –h –r –s /s /d *.* (here D is the drive letter)
Finally, a new and refreshed folder will be made in a drive. It holds all the restored files.
Tips To Prevent MPEG Files Deletion:
You can follow the below-mentioned tips to prevent the unintentional deletion of MPEG or other video files:
- Never perform unnecessary format, delete, or reformat operations
- Make sure that you always cross-verify whether the correct file is being erased from the storage device before you delete it
- Always use a trustworthy antivirus tool to scan the downloaded MPEG videos before playing
- Make sure that you avoid interruptions during the transfer of MPEG files from one device to another or one location to the other one
Time To Conclude
Losing any kind of data from your storage device is quite disappointing. But if you have a recovery option then nothing is impossible. As I have mentioned that you can easily recover MPEG files using MPEG File Recovery Tool, so there is nothing t worry at all.
Yes, with video recovery tool, you can easily get back MPEG/MPG video files without any hassle.
So, make sure that you use it and recover deleted MPEG videos in an easy way. Also, you can try to restore lost MPEG video from a backup and restore option. But, for that, it’s important to keep a regular backup of your important files that you don’t want to lose anyhow.
However, if you ever notice that your MPEG videos have been corrupted then do not worry, just repair corrupted MPEG files using VLC Media Player option.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.